General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

December 2011 Money Factor?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 04:58 PM
chaswyck
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
December 2011 Money Factor?

Does anyone know what the December, 2011 money factor is for a 36 month lease? The finance guy at my dealer told me today that he hadn't gotten it yet. That seems pretty unlikely because without it he wouldn't be able to do a lease on any cars being sold after November 30.

Old 12-04-2011, 04:46 AM
JenK
2nd Gear
The lease numbers usually come out on the 5th...tomorrow! Has your car arrived yet???

Old 12-04-2011, 10:57 PM
chaswyck
5th Gear
It's in CA but not at the dealer yet. I found out today from the finance guy at my dealership that it's .00190 - a good bit lower than it was when I ordered the car (.00215) so this is very good news indeed! He also said there was a $500 rebate that I hadn't heard about from anyone else, but if he wants to give me $500, I'll take it!

Old 12-05-2011, 03:25 AM
JenK
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by chaswyck
It's in CA but not at the dealer yet. I found out today from the finance guy at my dealership that it's .00190 - a good bit lower than it was when I ordered the car (.00215) so this is very good news indeed! He also said there was a $500 rebate that I hadn't heard about from anyone else, but if he wants to give me $500, I'll take it!
Yes, I saw that 500 off any vehicle for December and they are discounting the Countryman as well. I saw one dealer somewhere advertised 1200 off any 2012 in stock. I didn't notice the lease deals, but they are offering the 500 off if a vehicle is leased or financed through MINIFS. Wish I could get mine now, but I have to wait a few months so I can sell my X5 to carmax.
Enjoy your new car and can't wait to see the pics!

Old 12-05-2011, 09:14 PM
chaswyck
5th Gear
This deal really worked out well. I got $1,150 off the MSRP, then I got the $750 Motor-tober discount, and now the $500 rebate AND a lower money factor than when I ordered the car. Doesn't get much better than that!

Old 12-05-2011, 09:43 PM
Johnwes12
2nd Gear
Wah Wah. I was getting excited about another $500 rebate. I got the $750 Motortober rebate. But I see the $500 isn't applicable to Coupes. Oh well. $750 is not bad.

Old 12-07-2011, 09:03 AM
danigurrl
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What is the fine print of this $500 rebate? I ordered a '12 MCS and I already got a dealership discount + the $750 motor-tober discount. Is this another corporate-incentive? Is it only available if you lease?

Old 12-07-2011, 03:42 PM
JenK
2nd Gear
From what I've read, the 500 rebate is if you use MINIFS to lease or finance. Anyone else know???
Danigurrl, I can't wait to see your car! I've been following all the threads!

Old 12-07-2011, 06:34 PM
danigurrl
4th Gear
Originally Posted by JenK
From what I've read, the 500 rebate is if you use MINIFS to lease or finance. Anyone else know???
Danigurrl, I can't wait to see your car! I've been following all the threads!
Me either! It feels like forever. I already have an appointment to put on my viper stripes (aftermarket) for the week after Christmas! Hopefully I have it by then!

Old 12-07-2011, 10:52 PM
chaswyck
5th Gear
Originally Posted by danigurrl
What is the fine print of this $500 rebate? I ordered a '12 MCS and I already got a dealership discount + the $750 motor-tober discount. Is this another corporate-incentive? Is it only available if you lease?
I don't think there's any fine print for you, Danigurrl. It apparently doesn't apply to coupes, but yours is an MCS so you're good as long as you lease or finance it through MINI Finance. This is on top of any dealer discount and the Motor-tober $750. I has both and got the $500 rebate as well.

Old 12-08-2011, 03:12 AM
danigurrl
4th Gear
This is going to be the best car ever! LoL. So I get the $750 Motor-tober discount (the voucher is already printed and tucked in my purse so there is no way I can forget it!), $500 off for financing, AND a sweet chunk off that the dealership gave me for being a return customer. I'm so excited I could pee.

I emailed my MA and asked about the $500 rebate just to verify that I'll qualify for it with my financing. She's been really awesome giving me updates on my car a couple times a week. She told me my car was on the Don Juan while MINIUSA is still saying it's awaiting transport.

Old 12-08-2011, 03:23 AM
meindc
2nd Gear
Yes, I saw that 500 off any vehicle for December and they are discounting the Countryman as well. I saw one dealer somewhere advertised 1200 off any 2012 in stock. I didn't notice the lease deals, but they are offering the 500 off if a vehicle is leased or financed through MINIFS. Wish I could get mine now, but I have to wait a few months so I can sell my X5 to carmax.
Enjoy your new car and can't wait to see the pics!
You may also want to try selling your X5 to the BMW dealer you purchased it from. I took my 2009 Ford Edge to Carmax and then someone suggested that I take it back to the original dealer and they offered $1,500 OVER what Carmax did!

Old 12-08-2011, 03:37 AM
JenK
2nd Gear
thanks, but the MINI and BMW dealer are the same and I was told by the MA to take it to the Carmax down the street from the dealer to get a better price for the X5. I might just sell it outright, but I am waiting a few more months so I won't be upside down!

Old 12-08-2011, 04:22 AM
danigurrl
4th Gear
thanks, but the MINI and BMW dealer are the same and I was told by the MA to take it to the Carmax down the street from the dealer to get a better price for the X5. I might just sell it outright, but I am waiting a few more months so I won't be upside down!
I sold both my car as private sales. The best trade in offer for my Saturn was $8,500, I sold it for $11,500. The best trade in offer for my Mini was $12,500. I sold it for $15,700.

If you have the time and an extra vehicle, private sale is great!

Old 12-08-2011, 04:39 AM
meindc
2nd Gear
After I posted, I thought of that maybe they were the same dealer. Oh well. Danigurrl is right, selling it privately does get you the best deal but can be a pain if you have a loan on it.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:06 AM
danigurrl
4th Gear
I don't know if I'm able to get the $500. I emailed my MA and she forwarded my email to someone in their finance department. Something about they can't intermingle "Octobers residual and combine with Novembers rebate and add Decembers interest rate." I don't know if this means I can't use my motor-tober discount with the $500 rebate? I got a good price on the car anyway, but another $500 would always be sweet. We'll see when I pick up the car!

Old 12-08-2011, 03:49 PM
Jeremy Brooks
3rd Gear
I don't know if I'm able to get the $500. I emailed my MA and she forwarded my email to someone in their finance department. Something about they can't intermingle "Octobers residual and combine with Novembers rebate and add Decembers interest rate." I don't know if this means I can't use my motor-tober discount with the $500 rebate? I got a good price on the car anyway, but another $500 would always be sweet. We'll see when I pick up the car!
I just looked at the MotoTober email. It specifically states "may be combined with any other MINI offer (with the exception of another email/letter/certificate offer) that is available at the time of purchase."

So, yes you should be able to use it with the $500 December thing, but you can't use it with another MotoTober certificate that somebody else in your household got.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:31 PM
danigurrl
4th Gear
Woohoo! I guess I'll just have to see when I get there.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:02 PM
chaswyck
5th Gear
Originally Posted by meindc
You may also want to try selling your X5 to the BMW dealer you purchased it from. I took my 2009 Ford Edge to Carmax and then someone suggested that I take it back to the original dealer and they offered $1,500 OVER what Carmax did!
I had the opposite situation. The MINI dealer offered me $3K less for my 335i than Carmax did. I think it depends on what kind of used inventory each has for a particular car.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:15 PM
chaswyck
5th Gear
Danigurrl, I had exactly the same situation as you. I ordered my MCS in October at the Motor-tober event at my dealer so I got the $750 certificate. The rebate is not a November rebate, it's a December rebate and you are entitled to the better of the interest rate that was locked in when they got your credit approval OR the rate when you sign the papers for the car. It sounds like your leasing. So am I and the residual hasn't changed from what you were quoted for October. For 15k miles it was 58% in October and it's still 58%. The money factor went from .00215 in October to .00190 in December. So, I got the $750 + the $500 and the .00190 money factor on top of a great deal off the MSRP and you should too. It sounds to me like they're jerking you around with a lot of "dealer speak" like you don't know what you're talking about, but that's what's great about NAM - you DO know what you're talking about.

Old 12-09-2011, 02:29 PM
SpicyMaguro
4th Gear
I emailed my MA and asked about the $500 rebate just to verify that I'll qualify for it with my financing. She's been really awesome giving me updates on my car a couple times a week. She told me my car was on the Don Juan while MINIUSA is still saying it's awaiting transport.
Danigurrl, did you check out: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d-updated.html

Very good write up to track your vehicle. I saw it come right into port in New Jersey!

Old 12-09-2011, 02:34 PM
grips03
2nd Gear
ok great thread. I'm about to order a 2012 Mini Cooper Hardtop. What discounts can one get? I have no idea on how to get $500 or $750 coupon, or whatever. Thanks a million., or at least a good couple of bucks. Right now dealer is $1000 off MSRP and throwing in $147 in mats. I will have to order the car, as its not in stock.

thanks

Old 12-09-2011, 02:57 PM
SpicyMaguro
4th Gear
I would go to the Consumer Reports site and get an idea of the invoice price. Conventional wisdom says: always negotiate up from invoice, not down from MSRP. that said, there isn't a lot of wiggle since new MINIs are hot commodities. Dealers get allocations from MINI around how may of which types of cars they can order.

We were lucky and got the last convertible allocation until February. I was willing to pay a little more for that but still got $1,500 off since I started from a base invoice price. As always, YMMV. Good luck!!

Old 12-09-2011, 10:15 PM
danigurrl
4th Gear
Originally Posted by grips03
ok great thread. I'm about to order a 2012 Mini Cooper Hardtop. What discounts can one get? I have no idea on how to get $500 or $750 coupon, or whatever. Thanks a million., or at least a good couple of bucks. Right now dealer is $1000 off MSRP and throwing in $147 in mats. I will have to order the car, as its not in stock.

thanks
The $750 off was for going to a test-drive event in October, called Motor-tober**. The $500 credit is for purchasing a car in the month of December, and it's called the "You-ification" credit. It's for people buying (or taking delivery) of a Mini (not countryman or coupe) in the month of December and using Mini bank to finance (though I've heard mixed information about if you actually have to finance with Mini to receive it.)

So if you're buying a dealer's in stock car this month, you'd get the $500 credit, but that's all (+ any negotiated discounts from the dealership directly.) If you order a car, you'd probably get the car in February or March, so you'd get any special incentives that are going on those months (TBD), but not the incentives of the past (like October's Motor-tober or December's You-ficiation.)

I hope that makes sense. lol

**edit: the Motor-tober was a printed voucher that is good until Jan 3rd, which is why it's still valid even though it was an October special. The You-ification credit of December isn't a printable voucher, but an instant credit, which is why it's only good for this month.

Old 12-10-2011, 06:45 AM
grips03
2nd Gear
makes sense now. thanks

Quick Reply: December 2011 Money Factor?