General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thank you NAM members

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 12:15 PM
SteveB625
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you NAM members

I wish to thank NAM and all the members for making MINI ownership fun for the past 3+ years. After a summer of selling off my 67 Chevelle, 82 KZ1000, and a whole bunch of other stuff to clear out space I didn't really see this coming. I just wanted to de-clutter.

My 04 CR MINI was looking great and running great but the 2 year warranty on the CVT and the extended warranty were due to run out early next year. I was also getting tired of the rubber-band feeling of the CVT even though its less than 2 years old. Just the nature of the beast. Also, after a slight issue at my favorite MINI service center I decided to start looking for a different car. I figured the MINI was at prime trade in value.

On 9/24 I got a great trade-in deal for my MINI on a new 2011 Challenger with a 305 HP V6. I had been looking at a 2010 Challenger back a couple of years ago when my MINI was in the shop getting the CVT replaced. I decided to hold off and just enjoy the car after it was fixed. It was fun while it lasted, great gas mileage and easy to park.

I have to say that this is the #1 brand specific forum on the internet (JMHO). Great amount of traffic and great advice from many members. I know there have been times where advice from NAM has saved my bacon and I hope that I was able to help others as well.

If anyone is interested I have posted some of the leftover parts in the Marketplace. The transaction happened so fast that I left my Rota RBs, Euroshelf, and center armrest with the car. Also thanks to those members that already purchased some of the parts.

Thanks again to all, your MINI enthusiasm is second to none.