General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Clubman's being eaten!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 08:14 AM
swflaboy
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All I can say is ewwww! No urine, real or synthetic, in on or near my MINI please.

I employ an arsenal of rodent predators. Several black snakes that appear to live and thrive in a big, messy rubber tree in my back yard. A voracious red-shouldered hawk that I see scooping up prey all over the neighborhood. And there is always the one-eyed black cat (of unknown ownership) that likes to roam the yard, climb trees and is especially fond of lounging on my picnic table. Not sure he is any help and he kinda creeps me out staring at me with that one eye.

Old 10-13-2008, 03:12 PM
Anghara
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thulewx
My rear wipers were acting screwy (out of sync, when working at all), so I took Carmen into the dealer. After 3 days of checking, replacing motors, and calls to MINI hq, it's been determined that rodents of some sort have been eating the wiring in the rear quarter panel . Not covered by warranty .
$500-1000 to replace wiring harness, but I can't afford that right now so I'm going to learn to live with it .
Anyone have any ideas how to control critters? It's parked under an open carport and I live in the country unfortunately. And no, I'm not getting a cat.
I know I'm late coming in, but this cracked me up. I had a similar problem with my Maxima! I had one of the front running lights out, and assumed it was a bulb I'd get around to changing at some point, no rush....

Sadly, I was involved in a fender-bender and had to have front end repairs done. The body shop cheerfully informed me that in fact, the wiring to that light had been eaten...by squirrels!!! And he knew it was squirrels because they'd stashed nuts in the fender.

On the bright side, I haven't had problems since, and that was several years ago. Maybe they just won't come back!