General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The MINI Discount

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 12:56 PM
Cellardoor
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The MINI Discount

I work at a hotel and last night a couple came in looking for a room. My least expensive room for the night was $185 they say they will take it, so i start to fill out the information when i ask for a credit card the woman puts down her keys to get her wallet and i see that it is a MINI key.

Of course i cant just see something like that without commenting so i say "hey cool, im waiting to take delivery of a MINI of my own!". Now u have to realize that most people when checking in are in a hurry and don't really want to chit chat but this woman made my night by immediatly going "No way! thats great what color did u get?!" so we chatted for a few and she asked if i got an S i said "of course" to wich she replied "good he (pointing to her husband) hates it because i race SUVs in it all the time" the convo continued for a few more min.

At the end i took a look at the rates and told her that i could drop it down to $150 she asked if it was the MINI discount, i told her "you bet!". They went on thier way and everyone was happy, me because i got to chat with an enthusiast and them because they got a cheaper room.

That night as i left i checked it out it was a nice PW R53

Just wanted to share my first face to face with a true enthusiast! So if anyone is in Narragansett swing by the Village Inn and ill see what i can do!

-Hutch-

Old 10-04-2008, 01:01 PM
everytimeidie027
6th Gear
cool story, I wish more people would give me the MINI discount haha

Old 10-04-2008, 01:15 PM
howsoonisnow1985
6th Gear
Cool, its nice to randomly meet enthusiasts, I met several out here in Washington State, and several at different Starbucks in California.

Old 10-04-2008, 01:19 PM
umberto
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I wish I would've known....we just recently spent a weekend in Newport/Jamestown....had the brunch at the Bay Voyage Inn. We live just over the border up in massachusetts .... never been down to narragansett....what's there ?

Old 10-04-2008, 01:38 PM
K5Cruiser
4th Gear
Great story! Obviously cool people, including yourself.

Old 10-04-2008, 01:54 PM
checkercoop
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Awesome and congratulations

Old 10-04-2008, 01:59 PM
Cellardoor
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by umberto
I wish I would've known....we just recently spent a weekend in Newport/Jamestown....had the brunch at the Bay Voyage Inn. We live just over the border up in massachusetts .... never been down to narragansett....what's there ?

Mostly people come for the beach, other then that its a bunch of restaurants and a few nice bars. people also come by if they are going up to URI or over to Block island and they want a more comfortable place to spend the night.

Next time u feel like comming over for a vaca let me know and ill see what i can do!

-Hutch-

Old 10-04-2008, 03:07 PM
Calmante
3rd Gear
I'm in Newport once a week, and make it over the bridge(s) occasionally. I'll have to stop by and say hi sometime.

Old 10-04-2008, 04:04 PM
DanF
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Cellardoor
I work at a hotel and last night a couple came in looking for a room. My least expensive room for the night was $185 they say they will take it, so i start to fill out the information when i ask for a credit card the woman puts down her keys to get her wallet and i see that it is a MINI key.

Of course i cant just see something like that without commenting so i say "hey cool, im waiting to take delivery of a MINI of my own!". Now u have to realize that most people when checking in are in a hurry and don't really want to chit chat but this woman made my night by immediatly going "No way! thats great what color did u get?!" so we chatted for a few and she asked if i got an S i said "of course" to wich she replied "good he (pointing to her husband) hates it because i race SUVs in it all the time" the convo continued for a few more min.

At the end i took a look at the rates and told her that i could drop it down to $150 she asked if it was the MINI discount, i told her "you bet!". They went on thier way and everyone was happy, me because i got to chat with an enthusiast and them because they got a cheaper room.

That night as i left i checked it out it was a nice PW R53

Just wanted to share my first face to face with a true enthusiast! So if anyone is in Narragansett swing by the Village Inn and ill see what i can do!

-Hutch-
Once you get your car or perhaps before that check out MMC (Mass. Motoring Club). They have lots of local rides and GTGs. Allot of the members are from RI. http://massmotoringclub.com/index.php

Old 10-04-2008, 08:52 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cellar that was most generous of you!! You deserve a NAMily Congratulatory Round of Applause!!!

Old 10-05-2008, 08:06 AM
Apple
6th Gear
Yea for mini discount now if we could only find a gas station owner?

Old 10-05-2008, 12:37 PM
Cellardoor
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Cybergypsy
Yea for mini discount now if we could only find a gas station owner?
If only!

Thanks to everyone for teh kind words! To be honest i was just really happy to have met an easy going nice enthusiast. i hope to see some of your closer people around here! Just come on in and ask for Hutch, im one of the only guys that works the front here. Lets see that lot full of mini's!

-Hutch-