General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 25ers 2008, Clubhouse!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 06:53 AM
wbarnhill
Coordinator :: Upstate MINIs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sr71pav
I had about 500 when I pulled into work this morning. Been a great car to drive, and even the people who laughed when I told them I ordered one have come around. I do find myself absolutely hating stop lights now, whereas they used to not bother me as much.
Hah, I actually enjoy stop lights. I keep getting looks, and I just smile. Plus now that I'm out of break-in, I can show off what's under the bonnet when the light turns green. (Note: The previous is not in any way an endorsement of street racing or otherwise violating the law. Accelerating quickly to the speed limit is not a violation in my locale. Check your local laws. )

Old 08-01-2008, 11:41 AM
DiggyDog
3rd Gear
I am at 1,040 or so.

I am thinking about the Micley and MINI thing but we might be in Germany at that time so I don't think I will make it this year.

We are going down to Orlando soon for a Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure trip.

Old 08-02-2008, 07:35 PM
DiggyDog
3rd Gear
I will hit the 1,200 mile mark tomorrow.

I wonder if I should try to be somewhere special when it comes....

Old 08-02-2008, 08:31 PM
wbarnhill
1700 or so today... And a possible trip to Carowinds tomorrow.

So much for that warranty!

Old 08-02-2008, 09:52 PM
msduncan
4th Gear
LOL wow. Burn it up guys...

Old 08-04-2008, 08:03 PM
DiggyDog
3rd Gear
I had a few people give me a funny look when I told htem mine was going to be yellow but now that they see it they understand.

I eep hearing "Oh, that looks good. I thought it was going to be canary yellow..." or some variation of that theme.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:57 AM
msduncan
4th Gear
Well I had a blast last night.

I met up with the local Mini group (Birmingham Area Mini Association) to have dinner. What a bunch of terrific folks! There were a couple new minis in the group, and they say a lot of the regulars didn't make it out last night, so there will be other new faces to meet next time.

Crazy thing is that I met a guy that works for the same company that I do and knew a lot of the same people. I also met my wife's Orthodontist! :P I knew she looked familiar when she got out of her Black S convertable...and it took me about 30 minutes to piece things together and figure it out.

Small world! Great people. Can't wait until they have a group ride....

Old 08-20-2008, 07:03 AM
Apple
6th Gear
Wondering how everyone is getting along on miles, have 1300 myself already

Old 08-20-2008, 07:56 AM
-merlin-
2nd Gear
2950 or so

But that's going to be slowing down greatly now. I was home most of the summer...I travel a lot and so my car will usually be parked at the airport for 4+ days each week.

It does seem that the miles really add up quickly; more so than on my previous cars. Hmmm.

Old 08-20-2008, 09:12 AM
sr71pav
2nd Gear
1425-ish. They've all been fun to drive!

I'm wondering if anyone's had there first glitch, yet?

Old 08-20-2008, 05:31 PM
DiggyDog
3rd Gear
Almost a couple thousand and I still smile everytime I see that little car!

Old 08-20-2008, 05:46 PM
Apple
6th Gear
you guys are doing great I am in Fl if anyone wants to meet up havent posted on the sunshine mini board yetL(

Old 08-20-2008, 06:52 PM
wbarnhill
Originally Posted by Cybergypsy
you guys are doing great I am in Fl if anyone wants to meet up havent posted on the sunshine mini board yetL(
Liz and I will be down at the end of Sept for the Mickey and MINI event. :D

And I hit 3K today.

Old 08-20-2008, 06:57 PM
wbarnhill
Originally Posted by sr71pav
1425-ish. They've all been fun to drive!

I'm wondering if anyone's had there first glitch, yet?
I've got a buzz from the driver side locking mechanism, and the steering wheel needs to be straightened (they never did the front end alignment I asked for because the car had just been tinted). Also need to replace my front arches since the right one has a cosmoline stain.

Basically just a bunch of minor picky things. No issues otherwise.

I'm still washing the MINI at least once a week and being obsessed as ever about keeping him pristine.

Old 08-20-2008, 06:58 PM
msduncan
4th Gear
Mine is steadily approaching 2000.

I did have a mishap recently. My cat was locked in the basement overnight, and around 3 am we heard a crash. He knocked over a tall lamp onto it and put a ding in the side of the bonnet.

I called Bada Ding and they came out and fixed it for 100 bucks. If I strain and look at an angle looking up with the right reflections -- I can see a tiny distortion in the smooth reflections. I'm pretty happy overall though because you really have to work to see it. (only I will really know it was ever there).

Old 08-20-2008, 06:59 PM
msduncan
4th Gear
Originally Posted by wbarnhill
I've got a buzz from the driver side locking mechanism, and the steering wheel needs to be straightened (they never did the front end alignment I asked for because the car had just been tinted). Also need to replace my front arches since the right one has a cosmoline stain.

Basically just a bunch of minor picky things. No issues otherwise.

I'm still washing the MINI at least once a week and being obsessed as ever about keeping him pristine.
I am also washing once a week. And I'm using Hydro.

Old 08-21-2008, 06:50 AM
sr71pav
2nd Gear
+1...I've got the Prima Mystique, Hydro, and Clarity, and I've done it either Saturday mornings or evenings so I don't have to worry about the water drying before I can get the towel on it.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:28 AM
minimae
2nd Gear
We've had our Sidewalk for 1 month and 5 days now. 3,245 miles thanks to great trip to MITM3 and the Black Hills.

Last night did a wash and HYDRO

Old 08-21-2008, 11:41 AM
DiggyDog
3rd Gear
I haven't washed mine yet but I'll probably it this weekend after hurricane leaves.

Old 08-21-2008, 05:02 PM
CJP
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Cybergypsy
Wondering how everyone is getting along on miles, have 1300 myself already

I passed 2,160 this morning. My university commute is just under 60 miles round trip. I will be happy once the semester settles down and I go in only a few days a week. At this rate, I'll wear out my warrenty too fast!

The nice thing is though, i just LOVE being in this Mini! Every day, I really enjoy the drive - so it's a nice trade off!

Still washing him every week. Mystique, Hydro, Clarity. And Slick is really handy to have around when the summer bugs hit and I just need to have it wiped off until the weekend.

I have a 2004 MC with only 35,000 on it. Since one of the juniors drive it now to high school, she only gets about 4 miles a day on it. This one will be around a long time.
CJ

Last edited by CJP; 08-21-2008 at 05:02 PM. Reason: sign
Old 08-26-2008, 05:38 AM
DiggyDog
3rd Gear
I was tagged by a Sunshine MINI member last week.

I took my son to see the new Star Wars movie and when we parked I told him that I hadn;t had a chance to park next to another MINI yet. When we got out there was a nice Cabrio parked next to us with a giant stuffed animal in the passenger seat. They stuck a Sunshine MINI car under my wiper.

I am not signing up for Mickey and MINI since we will just be getting back from Germany the week before but we may end up in Orlando that weekend anyway.

Maybe a quick drive-by will be in order.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:14 AM
wbarnhill
I've not had the chance to do a proper washing or order the items (saving money for Mickey and MINI 4), so I'm just doing the no-touch wash every time I get petrol and wiping down the wheels afterwards.

So far I'm liking how everything is working out on Siva. I've got a few things to get fixed still (They haven't called me back on the arches, and the door lock buzz still exists.) but other than that it's just onto modding.

I'm waiting for the last of my LED bulbs to go in the MINI, and then I think I'm going to upgrade the door sills to illuminated Cooper S ones. I might parse out an aero kit since i like the way the front looks afterwards, and I may get aftermarket springs, or maybe the JCW suspension.

All in all, I'm still loving Siva, and I find myself having to drive him at LEAST once a day. Just can't get enough!

Old 08-27-2008, 03:36 PM
wbarnhill
OMG! I finally got my blue LED dome light, and I LOVE IT. It even fades in and out like the incandescent! (slightly less fading, but it still does!)

The two month wait wasn't worth it, but wow. I'll post pictures as soon as I get the foot well lights swapped out.

Old 08-28-2008, 04:48 AM
sr71pav
2nd Gear
I'm starting to push to almost 40mpg. I did 37 last week, and that was with some "spirited" driving at times.

Old 08-28-2008, 05:18 AM
Apple
6th Gear
OMG! I finally got my blue LED dome light, and I LOVE IT. It even fades in and out like the incandescent! (slightly less fading, but it still does!)

The two month wait wasn't worth it, but wow. I'll post pictures as soon as I get the foot well lights swapped out.
Post some pics here, I will try to be at the Mini Event or at least wing you guys in

Quick Reply: Week 25ers 2008, Clubhouse!