General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MINI in Forza 2

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 09:36 AM
Roeri
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MINI in Forza 2

I posted this in the other thread, but I feel it needs its own.

http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=62367

In looking at the auction houses for cars in the game- it seems that you can max out the 03' MINI at 406 HP!

It's a blast to drive! I urge anyone with an XBOX 360 to get this game!

Old 06-19-2007, 10:04 AM
H.A.W.G.
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got it the day it came out, and I love it. My Mini is still my favorite car in the game. Its a pretty darn good D class car with some tuning, and a decent C class car. I have maxed out the HP and after playing with the gear ratios and all I got it to top out at 184 mph. If there are any other Xbox live members on here add me to to your friends list and lets race some MINIs My gamertag is HAWG70

Old 06-19-2007, 04:01 PM
Roeri
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by H.A.W.G.
I got it the day it came out, and I love it. My Mini is still my favorite car in the game. Its a pretty darn good D class car with some tuning, and a decent C class car. I have maxed out the HP and after playing with the gear ratios and all I got it to top out at 184 mph. If there are any other Xbox live members on here add me to to your friends list and lets race some MINIs My gamertag is HAWG70

I made mine a B class earlier today and wow... getting difficult to keep it on the road... Might need to sell off some mods...

Old 06-19-2007, 05:02 PM
Alpha Motoring
6th Gear
Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts
This is taken from the reply I made on a different post

Checkmate Anyone?

This is the MINI I use online for racing I haven't really used the Checkmate that much, both MINI have all the mods that you can put on them, both are also tuned. These MINIs come from Forza 2 for the Xbox 360

There are also MINIs in Project Gotham Racing 3 for Xbox 360.

PM Me if you want my Gamertag for Xbox 360!

Old 06-19-2007, 05:17 PM
SilverRocket
4th Gear
Forza 2 is the top reason for me to finally buy an XBox 360. Those screens look very nice (although to me there seems to still be the funky jaggies carried over from the original version, could just be the resizing though).

Which to do first, RL suspension upgrades or 360, Forza 2 w/ wheel, and 42" 1080p LCD? Damn electronics eating into mod budget !

Last edited by SilverRocket; 06-19-2007 at 05:20 PM.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:37 PM
Alpha Motoring
6th Gear
Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts
Click the top of the picture to view it in full size, then it won't be all jaggied!

Old 06-20-2007, 07:34 AM
Mini Mizer
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Roeri
I made mine a B class earlier today and wow... getting difficult to keep it on the road... Might need to sell off some mods...
As the HP gets increased, you will need to fine tune the suspension in order to get the car to "stick" to the track. you can take the car on a test track to tune your car. If you hit the UP arrow on the D pad, you can get live feed of what your tires/suspension are doing.

I was orginally running my mini waaay to stiff and the suspension kept going into the red (it shows the spring/dampining for each wheel as you drive the car) Messing with tire pressure, spring rates, dampining/rebound, sway bars, camber and toe will get the car where it needs to be.

I would give you My setup but the car needs to be setup for your driving style. For instance, My mini is set up for me and i think it handles great! (it has 406hp) But yet my g/f cant drive it worth a flip. But the same goes for me trying to drive her 600+ hp Celio. She drives it great and i always spin out. I have a habit of giving the car too much throttle comming out of the turns. Where as she feathers the gas alot more.

If the tune of the car is good it will be very fast and still controlable. My mini compeletly hauls. I have it setup for very quick acceluration, for quick bursts between tight turns on small twisty tracks. Top speed is only about 148, which isnt much with 406hp. You seem to get there pretty quick.

My favorite course in the game so far is Maple Valley "short" reverse. You can find the track in the Boosted challange Race. on the Back straight i top out right before i hit the brakes going into turn one.

Im still thinking about getting xbox Live to play against other people online. Wouldnt that be something, having Nam'ers on Forza 2 running cars against each other?

Old 06-20-2007, 09:04 AM
ImagoX
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do you guys use the wheel to play this or the standard controller? I usually like a more forgiving "acrade-y" race sim, but I might make an exception for the Mini. Can you paint it any color? Drive a cabrio, hmm?

Old 06-20-2007, 09:40 AM
Mini Mizer
5th Gear
Originally Posted by ImagoX
Do you guys use the wheel to play this or the standard controller? I usually like a more forgiving "acrade-y" race sim, but I might make an exception for the Mini. Can you paint it any color? Drive a cabrio, hmm?
No MINI cabrio in the game, sorry only a MCS hardtop.

and as far as colors go, you can paint it any color you want as many colors as you want and any way you want. The possibilities are almost endless and im not stretching the truth here. You can do almost anything when it comes to painting the car.

There are alot of shapes and graphics that the game has that you can color, stretch, spin, make thin/wide, and layer them to pretty much make anything you wish as long as you have the time.

My MINI im using at the moment, (406HP) has a paint job that took me close to 3 and a half hours to make. Its a mix of black, orange and white and looks like a circut track race car.

I think i might go get the wireless internet adaptor for the xbox this weekend and sign up to xbox live.

Oh...almost forgot, at the moment i use the normal controler, the only steering wheel we have is for the Playstation 2.

Last edited by Mini Mizer; 06-20-2007 at 09:45 AM.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:49 AM
SilverRocket
4th Gear
Anyone have the MS 360 Wheel? Thoughts and impressions? I'm still hooked on my Logitech Driving Force Pro I originally bought for GT4, but I haven't heard of any fully functional adapter kits to use it for XBox/XBox 360.

I really wish they would have gone to USB 2 IO and worked in some standardized force feedback support on the 360. Buying new controllers/wheels for each system kinda bites. Stupid capitalism....

Old 06-20-2007, 10:24 AM
Derek86
6th Gear
Received 117 Likes on 103 Posts
I am on xbox, if you guys want to race, PM me and I'll give you my gamertag. Here is a link to another Forza thread, my Mini's pictures are in there. Mine is C class car and it does really well in that class!

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ighlight=Forza

To add, I just race with the controller. I don't like the MS wheel and I have heard from various websites and forums that they are not sturdy and people break them all the time. I will not buy a racing wheel for the 360 until they make the Logitech G25 compatible.

~ Derek

Old 06-20-2007, 11:10 AM
Roeri
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Mini Mizer
As the HP gets increased, you will need to fine tune the suspension in order to get the car to "stick" to the track. you can take the car on a test track to tune your car. If you hit the UP arrow on the D pad, you can get live feed of what your tires/suspension are doing.

I was orginally running my mini waaay to stiff and the suspension kept going into the red (it shows the spring/dampining for each wheel as you drive the car) Messing with tire pressure, spring rates, dampining/rebound, sway bars, camber and toe will get the car where it needs to be.

I would give you My setup but the car needs to be setup for your driving style. For instance, My mini is set up for me and i think it handles great! (it has 406hp) But yet my g/f cant drive it worth a flip. But the same goes for me trying to drive her 600+ hp Celio. She drives it great and i always spin out. I have a habit of giving the car too much throttle comming out of the turns. Where as she feathers the gas alot more.

If the tune of the car is good it will be very fast and still controlable. My mini compeletly hauls. I have it setup for very quick acceluration, for quick bursts between tight turns on small twisty tracks. Top speed is only about 148, which isnt much with 406hp. You seem to get there pretty quick.

My favorite course in the game so far is Maple Valley "short" reverse. You can find the track in the Boosted challange Race. on the Back straight i top out right before i hit the brakes going into turn one.

Im still thinking about getting xbox Live to play against other people online. Wouldnt that be something, having Nam'ers on Forza 2 running cars against each other?
We seem to have the same driving style... Help me with my setup please?!?!?!?!

Old 06-20-2007, 11:58 AM
Mini Mizer
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Roeri
We seem to have the same driving style... Help me with my setup please?!?!?!?!
Well im at work at the moment so i cant see the exact settings for the car. when i get home i will post some specs from my mini, But like i said...you may or may not like the way it handles.

what others cars are you all running besides the MINI?

I have a 290+ hp 914 porsche (modded, orginal engine) It did have 700hp with an engine swap but the car just couldnt hook up no matter what i did. I think the 225 tires on it, didnt stand a chance.

I also have a Lancia delta that does 0-60mph in about oooooh...2.8 seconds!

Also have a Mazda speed miata with a 13B RX-7 rotory engine in it. (Not yet complete)

My MINI does 0-60mph in 5.0 seconds.

Old 06-20-2007, 11:59 AM
bluminiboy
8th Gear
Originally Posted by Alpha Motoring
This is taken from the reply I made on a different post

Checkmate Anyone?
I can't believe this?! Now i have to buy a 360 just cuz it has my car in there!

Old 06-20-2007, 12:57 PM
Roeri
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Mini Mizer
Well im at work at the moment so i cant see the exact settings for the car. when i get home i will post some specs from my mini, But like i said...you may or may not like the way it handles.

what others cars are you all running besides the MINI?

I have a 290+ hp 914 porsche (modded, orginal engine) It did have 700hp with an engine swap but the car just couldnt hook up no matter what i did. I think the 225 tires on it, didnt stand a chance.

I also have a Lancia delta that does 0-60mph in about oooooh...2.8 seconds!

Also have a Mazda speed miata with a 13B RX-7 rotory engine in it. (Not yet complete)

My MINI does 0-60mph in 5.0 seconds.

Right now just the MINI. I'm having WAY too much fun with it to buy another just now. Learning the game too. When something comes along I'll take it!

Old 06-20-2007, 01:32 PM
Mini Mizer
5th Gear
Update...

I decided im going to get the xbox live tonight instead of waiting for the weekend! So me and the g/f will be hooking it up tonight.

Question, do you need a keyboard? or can you just use a mic? How will i be able to talk to others? what is the method most widely used?

Im going to be an xbox live noobie

Old 06-20-2007, 02:47 PM
H.A.W.G.
5th Gear
You can only use a Mic. You just flip a switch on the part of the Mic that hooks on to the controller. Then talk freely. Add me when you get on my Gamertag is HAWG70 just mention NAM please
A pis of my newest project. I modeled the paint scheme after the Mclaren F1 team

Old 06-20-2007, 03:22 PM
Mini Mizer
5th Gear
Nice paint job!!!! How long did that one take you?

I havent played the game thaaaat long, i doubt i could afford that car in that picture. I still havent unlocked alot of things in the game, and im still trying to memorize the tracks.

I will try to add you sometime tonight.

Old 06-20-2007, 05:11 PM
H.A.W.G.
5th Gear
The paint job took me 2+ hours. Im a level 39 in the game and i havent even unlocked that car ( Mclaren F1 GT) in the dealership, but I bought in the Auction house for 315,000 credits, a good deal I believe

Old 06-20-2007, 05:45 PM
Derek86
6th Gear
my gamertag is SofaKing Sm00th. Note the "0"s in Sm00th are zeros. I'll prolly be on tonight, just mention NAM.

~ Derek

Old 06-20-2007, 07:33 PM
Mini Mizer
5th Gear
I just got on xbox live my gammertag is Matt2006S

Im not sure how to add people to my friends list yet. But i will be on for most of the night so if anyone wants to get on and say hello, feel free.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:38 AM
Mini Mizer
5th Gear
Hey derek, that was good times last night racing. After you left i had ran some more "B" class races with the mini and i kept getting beat. My 233hp just wasnt cutting it against 380hp Z's and wrx's. However i did beat them on my Maple Valley short reverse track. The two guys driving 350Z's said they were going to build mini's.

Oh ya...so i changed my setup on the mini, i might even change it slightly more. I have it at 286hp instead of its 233 when i raced you. Still at B-700

I still have trouble with the courses that favor the straights. But i cant figure out how to get more HP into my little mini without killing its handling.

Oh...if anyone has a 406hp mini and plans on racing it on xbox live, dont bother. The 406hp puts you in the "S" class...and well the mini really doesnt stand a chance in that class so its better to tune it down and race in a lower bracket.

Hope we can get more NAM'ers on xbox live!

Old 06-21-2007, 11:27 AM
Derek86
6th Gear
I added another post to the first Forza Thread in hopes maybe a few live-ers will find it.

Matt and I were thinking if we get enough people interested in racing at the same time we can hold MINI races just for NAM members. Anyone interested?

~ Derek

Old 06-21-2007, 02:47 PM
Mini Mizer
5th Gear
Im going to be on tonight, not sure what i'll be doing. I need to set up more cars for certain classes. I want to try out the C class, so i may be buying/tuning/painting others cars.

I also found out that my cars can not run with ABS turned off.

Due to my setup my brakes will almost lock imediately with abs turned off.

But with it turned on, it allows me to out brake most people, do to my brake pressure turned up so high. I can brake later than alot of people and dive deep into turns. This is about my only advantage against the cars with about 100hp more than me, and the AWD guys.

I did one race and they turned off abs. Needless to say i finished last (i could do better if i were to switch my braking setup) I told the guys, my car comes stock with ABS, i should be allowed to have ABS!

Last edited by Mini Mizer; 06-21-2007 at 02:57 PM.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:40 PM
Derek86
6th Gear
I generally race without any of the aids turned on...more fun that way!

~ Derek

Quick Reply: MINI in Forza 2