General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sparkling Silver Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 03:42 AM
symphosomatic
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello All!

I'll be part of this club soon if my half-built Mini doesn't float away in the flood waters

Cheers,

Adam

Old 08-30-2007, 02:41 PM
Chris Grande
1st Gear
Count me in. Heres mine! Picked her up on 8/9/07 and loving her every second since. I do need to get some better pictures.....

Old 08-30-2007, 06:12 PM
kevingomotor
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Chris Grande
Count me in. Heres mine! Picked her up on 8/9/07 and loving her every second since. I do need to get some better pictures.....
congratulations chris! sparkling silver is such an awesome color. i'll be joining the sparkling silver club sometime late august/early october. what else do you have loaded in your MINI??

Old 08-30-2007, 08:51 PM
KevinV
1st Gear
Another SS here. Not mine, but my best friend's. I've been helping her track it from Oxford. Just completed assembly today and is released to carrier.

She got the SS/redwood interior and I think that's such a sexy combo. It kind of reminds me of a Sin City type of effect. Neutral colors with a splash of red.

I originally was trying to talk her into mellow yellow, but after seeing pics of (i think) Min_18's ss/redwood.. I'm definitely thinking she made the right choice.

SS/Black bonnet/Redwood is sooo nice.

Old 08-31-2007, 06:03 AM
Madoc
3rd Gear
Tallulah is the missus' car. She chose it off the lot over Chili Red and Pepper White. I think the she made the right choice! Kiwi is mine - her color is Bracken.

Name:  Crop.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  102.8 KB

Old 08-31-2007, 06:58 AM
Kimberely
4th Gear
The sparkling silver really is a great color. It was my first choice - But - my husband has a truck very nearly the same color and thought it would be weird if we both had the same color of vehicle. SO I chose BRG instead. I know she will be a beauty no matter what.

Old 08-31-2007, 09:09 AM
kevingomotor
1st Gear
here's a question I need help with...

how do you SS owners describe the sparkling silver color to your friends and family? since mine is still on order, I find myself trying (desperately and at great length) to explain the color appropriately.

usually the first thing out of my mouth is "well don't go by any pictures because they don't do it any justice at all."

then that's followed by something along the lines of "imagine an iridescent silver metallic paint with a champagne tone peeking through." but I don't think that's quite doing it because I'm getting a lot of "uh huh..." in response :impatient

Old 08-31-2007, 09:44 AM
Kimberely
4th Gear
I call it a cream silver, but that is just me.

Old 08-31-2007, 09:52 AM
Mini2na
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Sparkling new baby should be hitting the US shore tomorrow!

Old 08-31-2007, 09:56 AM
hazmat
2nd Gear
champagne....definitely NOT beige.

Old 08-31-2007, 09:56 AM
Madoc
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by kevingomotor
here's a question I need help with...

how do you SS owners describe the sparkling silver color to your friends and family? since mine is still on order, I find myself trying (desperately and at great length) to explain the color appropriately.

usually the first thing out of my mouth is "well don't go by any pictures because they don't do it any justice at all."

then that's followed by something along the lines of "imagine an iridescent silver metallic paint with a champagne tone peeking through." but I don't think that's quite doing it because I'm getting a lot of "uh huh..." in response :impatient
I've described it as a "Pewter" or silver with a light brown cast. Honda had several silver colors in the late '80s that were hard to describe.

Old 09-07-2007, 12:37 PM
Chris Grande
1st Gear
Originally Posted by kevingomotor
congratulations chris! sparkling silver is such an awesome color. i'll be joining the sparkling silver club sometime late august/early october. what else do you have loaded in your MINI??
Premium & Convenience Packages. Built in Nav. Sports Seats. I few things I wish I got were DSC/Front & Rear Fogs and All Season Tires.

Old 09-17-2007, 12:29 AM
sirr6
4th Gear
I picked up my ss/ss on sat, time to add all the goodies!

Old 10-02-2007, 04:12 PM
sixxgunscott
Neutral
Sparkling Silver Owners Club

Groucho Marx said "I wouldn't be a member of any organization that would have me for a member."
That said this is one group that I should join, I hope you all will take me in. We just got our R56 in Sparkling Silver, white top, with the black interior. I've not seen many like it in LA.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:21 PM
drCooper
Neutral
Got my sparkling silver cooper at the end of june and fell in love with it immediately. Gets lots of comments from other mini owners too. Count me in on the Sparkling Silver Owners Club. Can't wait to add the badge to my sig.

Old 10-05-2007, 04:39 AM
flaco
4th Gear
SS

Mine's in the shop for the JCW aero kit, but here's a photo....

I'm thinking about switching to some sort of viper stripes from aesthetic creations....what do you think?

Old 10-05-2007, 05:11 AM
sixxgunscott
Neutral
Originally Posted by flaco
Mine's in the shop for the JCW aero kit, but here's a photo....

I'm thinking about switching to some sort of viper stripes from aesthetic creations....what do you think?
I'm a traditionalist I guess, and I like the factory bonnet stripes. I have checked out A/E's website and really think they have some great graphics. I think the viper stripes will complement the JCW Aero Kit. I'm ordering A/E's matching white Boot stripes for my Sparkling Silver Mini. Still not sure if I want to add roof graphics or not (the wife doesn't like them - on our car - but thinks they look neat on others) and if I did whether I should go way out or use the more traditional Brit Union Jack.

Old 10-05-2007, 08:22 AM
flaco
4th Gear
Thanks. Mike at Ae is a nice guy and travels around installing the stripes. I was considering the same, with matching stripes on the boot, but don't really like the stripes running under the Cooper S and JCW badges. Looks a little messy to me. The Vipers look nice on the boot too.

Old 10-11-2007, 11:13 AM
HB4ME
2nd Gear
SS Club..I'm In

I've had my SS/MCSa for a month and love the color. When I describe it to others I call it Champagne, because it's not really silver. It's elegant and hides the dirt/dust !!!!

Tell me where and when, I'll be there

Old 10-12-2007, 12:13 AM
liafia
3rd Gear
SS is gorgeous! I am always looking for them, but never see any. I opted for my second choice, PW and used the extra bucks for DSC, and I'm happy, but of course I'm always hoping to spot an SS.

Old 10-12-2007, 10:53 AM
Ken Cooper
4th Gear
I owned a new a 1994 Saab coupe that was very close to the sparkling silver color. That color though was discontinued shortly thereafter when solvent based paints were done away with for environmental reasons. I loved that color - and - got lots of good comments on it.

Now comes the 2007 MINI Cooper in sparkling silver. They've apparently finally found a way to produce the same effect without using a solvent base. And, by the way, I'm getting even more positive comments on both the color and the car than with any other car I've ever owned, by a long shot.

Last edited by Ken Cooper; 10-12-2007 at 10:59 AM.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:27 AM
flaco
4th Gear
Sparkling Silver JCW

Hi friends! Here's mine (JCW tuning, aero, and suspension).

Old 10-14-2007, 04:29 AM
flaco
4th Gear
Sparkling Silver JCW

Trying again....

Old 10-14-2007, 04:30 AM
flaco
4th Gear
Sorry for my technical difficulties...take a look at my gallery if you want to see mine.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:18 AM
Ken Cooper
4th Gear
Originally Posted by flaco
Sorry for my technical difficulties...take a look at my gallery if you want to see mine.
To include a photo in your message:

Pick a photo from your gallery .. Right click it .. Click on "Copy image address" .. Write your message .. leave a space under the end of your message .. Click on the little yellow box on top above where you wrote your message .. Delete the "http://" in the field you see .. Paste in your image address .. Click OK .. You've done it. Click below on "Preview Post" to make sure that's what you wanted.

I copied this from your gallery .. Good looking car .. Like your wheels.

Quick Reply: Sparkling Silver Owners Club