Fall Dragon Run (Nov 2-4, 2007) Slay the Sleeping Dragon with a fall run on the Dragon!

MINIs Slay The Sleeping Dragon- Fall Run (Nov 2-4)

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 08:04 AM
MidnightDave
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jason, yesterday I had another birthday and memory is the second thing to go...we can't talk about the first on a family friendly forum. ;-)

I'm posting this here b/c others may be interested in the answers.

a) I forgot to give you the "donation" $, I'll give it to you at the next event

b) I'm pretty sure I ordered a hoodie, do I need to prepay?

c) Should/could we have a Disc Golf practice round in Charlotte? (My Innova starter kit just arrived)

d) Is somebody researching roads on the NC side, if TN won't play nice?

e1) Did somebody get a "hospitality" suite for group gatherings or do we have someplace else in mind?

e2) I'm thinking of a small, (couldn't say mini) cigar lounge, maybe in synch with the beer fest, however, we need to be somewhat isolated, as not all share in the delight of a cigar's distinct aroma. ;-)

Old 09-09-2007, 04:23 PM
S_Car_Go
Neutral
T-shirts

Just confirming that Scott and I (Laura) will be coming with our four pound chihuahua in tow (Mini car - mini dog!). Depending on the day she'll either stay in the cabin or ride with us.

I would like to order a small hoodie and an XL long sleeve t-shirt. Can't wait!

Old 09-09-2007, 04:35 PM
1QukMINI
6th Gear
Okay, to answer all of these for you old folk.
a.) No Problem, it's a donation. Beggars can't be choosy, but choosy moms choose JIF. Or at least that's what they tell us.
b.) I will need the money for the shirts up front. Orders need to be in by Oct. 15th.
c.) I am ready for a practice round of disc golf anytime. Let me know if anyone is interested!
d.) I just finished the program, and am having BlimeyCabrio check it out. I included maps for Cherahola, and some other NC twisties. A back-up plan in case of the TN knuckeheads. Also, we could always turn around on the Dragon at the NC/TN border....
e.) I don't know if someone will make their cabin available for "hospitality/Brew Swap/Cigar Lounge" kinda thing, but if they would, that would be cool. Real cool. I seem to remember someone said they were, but I don't know who they are.
e2.) Man you ask alot of questions, but I answered this one in e.)

It's coming up, and I think it's gonna be real cool. Everyone's support has been awesome, and that's what it's all about for me. The community and the car, and I can't emphasize that enough. You guys are great!
jason

Originally Posted by MidnightDave
Jason, yesterday I had another birthday and memory is the second thing to go...we can't talk about the first on a family friendly forum. ;-)

I'm posting this here b/c others may be interested in the answers.

a) I forgot to give you the "donation" $, I'll give it to you at the next event

b) I'm pretty sure I ordered a hoodie, do I need to prepay?

c) Should/could we have a Disc Golf practice round in Charlotte? (My Innova starter kit just arrived)

d) Is somebody researching roads on the NC side, if TN won't play nice?

e1) Did somebody get a "hospitality" suite for group gatherings or do we have someplace else in mind?

e2) I'm thinking of a small, (couldn't say mini) cigar lounge, maybe in synch with the beer fest, however, we need to be somewhat isolated, as not all share in the delight of a cigar's distinct aroma. ;-)

Old 09-09-2007, 04:36 PM
1QukMINI
6th Gear
Gotcha on the list. I will need to get the money for your shirt order by the 15th. Thanks again guys!
jason
Originally Posted by S_Car_Go
Just confirming that Scott and I (Laura) will be coming with our four pound chihuahua in tow (Mini car - mini dog!). Depending on the day she'll either stay in the cabin or ride with us.

I would like to order a small hoodie and an XL long sleeve t-shirt. Can't wait!

Old 09-09-2007, 05:11 PM
BlimeyCabrio
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Triangle Area Convoy!

OK gang - for anyone from the Triangle or east who is planning to go up on Friday AM - let's meet in front of the REI at Southpoint in Durham (right off I-40 at the Fayetteville Rd exit) - we need to meet at 8:15ish and need to be "wheels up" at 8:30AM SHARP to meet our Triad brethren in Clemmons for the next leg.

Old 09-09-2007, 06:31 PM
1QukMINI
6th Gear
Someone PM'd me today and said they had called to make reservations at Fontana only to find they had booked up. I don't know for sure, but if they are, check Robbinsville. It's the next town over, or check some of the smaller hotels in the area. Anyone remember the names?

Old 09-09-2007, 07:21 PM
gaminis
3rd Gear
Just Google: Tale of the Dragon...All kinds of info, including accomodations at that site...
I'm impatiently waiting to slay the Dragon!!!
gaminis

Old 09-09-2007, 07:28 PM
gaminis
3rd Gear
DRAGON PATCH

Count me in for a patch....I'll buy more if need be...Just count me in...
I'm so old, I don't buy green bananas .....but I'll buy patches!
gaminis
Frank
NW GA

Old 09-10-2007, 04:53 AM
BlimeyCabrio
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
If Fontana is really full (surprising for that weekend - unless they have lots of cabins down for maintenance / reconstruction) other alternatives include:

Microtel - Robbinsville
Phillips Motel - Robbinsville
Tuskeegee Motel - about 10 miles down 28 from Fontana (probably the closest alternative)
Tapoco Lodge - near the Dragon on 129

Old 09-10-2007, 05:23 AM
lilruffcat
6th Gear
ok.. so.. where are we sending the money for the shirts...
and should we repost what we wanted? or include that with the money.. or are you accepting paypal?
and when do you want the patches paid for..
and it was Mac.. from columbia who said he had gotten a cabin.. that could also be used as a central point

Old 09-10-2007, 10:48 AM
Jenn B
6th Gear
About Fontana being full... be sure to say you are with a group when you call. There are rooms blocked off for the MINIs and for the Miata group that is going up that same weekend. If you call and don't say you are with the MINIs, they will not let you reserve any of the blocked off rooms.

However, it may be full. I would doubt it but it is possible. I've seen this event posted on more boards that this one so you never know how many may show up.

Tapoco is not that far away and I would pick that as my first choice alternative if I had to.

Old 09-10-2007, 11:53 AM
Xiek
5th Gear
I just booked my room... 9-10-07 2:49 EST.. they have a selection left for us.. just mention the MINI COOPER and DragonSlayer...

J

Old 09-10-2007, 06:13 PM
1QukMINI
6th Gear
All money needs to be sent to me by Oct. 15th. PM me for address. Also, I am not sure if the money for the patches needs to be sent to me, or MINI_Bee. If you have told me what you want, I don't need you to repost. When I get the money, I check off your name. I will talk to Mac, and seea bout the cabin. JennB, thanks for the great help! Xiek(Jason), glad you can make it! Any other questions, feel free to let me know. I will have the program up in next few days, and I will let you know where to get it. It will have alot of great info in it, as well. Thanks all!

Old 09-10-2007, 06:40 PM
MINIBee
6th Gear
I'll do the patches separately to avoid confusion. At this point though, with only 20 patches ordered by 12 people, each patch would be $13.45! ($269 divided by 20) and the remaining patches could be divided evenly or sold for the charity at the event. So I'm gonna wait until the end of the month to see if more people want them and then we can decide if there is enough interest.

Last edited by MINIBee; 09-15-2007 at 07:39 AM.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:41 PM
1QukMINI
6th Gear
O.K. Thanks for doing this. It is really appreciated!
Originally Posted by MINI_Bee
I'll do the patches seperately to avoid confusion. At this point though, with only 20 patches ordered by 12 people, each patch would be $13.45! ($269 divided by 20) and the remaining patches could be divided evenly or sold for the charity at the event. So I'm gonna wait until the end of the month to see if more people want them and then we can decide if there is enough interest.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:51 AM
Cooper_Gal
2nd Gear
Since Xeik has booked the cabin, I am coming! we are sharing a 2 bedroom cabin. YAY! Can't wait for this! I will send a PM about what hoodie/tshirt I would like for me and my boyfriend!

~Rebecca~

Old 09-11-2007, 10:06 AM
quemas
2nd Gear
Count us in!

Looking forward to Slayer weekend. My son and I will be there. We have a room (wonder if they'll take bribes for MOTD?). I stayed at the Tuskegee Motel on the last MOTD, and it's not too bad of a drive if someone can't get a room. So add two more minis: Quemas and the Blue Devil. I'll pm you, but want one hoodie and two patches. Thanks for doing all this!!

Old 09-11-2007, 02:55 PM
1QukMINI
6th Gear
Got it. Glad you guys can make it. Cooper_Gall, too!
Originally Posted by quemas
Looking forward to Slayer weekend. My son and I will be there. We have a room (wonder if they'll take bribes for MOTD?). I stayed at the Tuskegee Motel on the last MOTD, and it's not too bad of a drive if someone can't get a room. So add two more minis: Quemas and the Blue Devil. I'll pm you, but want one hoodie and two patches. Thanks for doing all this!!

Old 09-12-2007, 12:57 PM
quemas
2nd Gear
Here come the THP and the judge!

Thought eveyone might be interested in today's blurb about the dragon and THP/Blount County Sherriff. North Carolina anyone? (Still can't figure out how to upload a photo that's in my gallery?)

Attached Thumbnails MINIs Slay The Sleeping Dragon- Fall Run (Nov 2-4)-dragon-patrol.jpg  
Old 09-12-2007, 05:51 PM
1QukMINI
6th Gear
Also, please put your screen name on the check memo line, so I know you to put on the list. Also, let me know if you what is for shirts, and what is donations. I need to keep them separate. Thanks all for your support! It's gonna be great!

Old 09-12-2007, 05:53 PM
Tüls
Turbius Maximus
Old 09-12-2007, 06:43 PM
1QukMINI
6th Gear
Yeah, I'm not skeered. There's way too many other good roads up in that neck of the woods for me to flinch. And all of these stories are in TN, not NC. So, we'll play it by ear, I have included some alternate roads in the program, and we'll have some fun either way!

Old 09-13-2007, 05:58 PM
quemas
2nd Gear
Seeing Tailights

Originally Posted by BlimeyCabrio
HEY!

I resemble that remark / stereotype...
"At that age..."
Junior, you just wait... it's a stunning thing when you ARE "that age"...

Don't feel bad Blimey- he's talking about me@#%$^&. But once I am finally able to get into my english sports car, all he sees are my taillights. HA HA HA

Old 09-14-2007, 09:11 AM
1QukMINI
6th Gear
Fontana Village Cabins and Rooms.

Okay guys. I just got an e-mail from Fontana Village saying that they only had 20 rooms booked with us, and there was another car group that needed rooms, and she needed to have some of the rooms she had reserved for us, so what I want you to do is reserve a room if you still need to. If you can't, I understand, she just wants to honor her agreement with me about blocking off most of the rooms for us, but she understandingly doesn't want to be stuck with empty rooms or cabins. The cutoff for our room reservations is 10/1, then they are opened up for anyone. Heck, I'll just put what she wrote. "You might want to send out an email encouraging them to book....I have another group that wants in that weekend and I'll take them if your numbers are not going to increase greatly. The current cutoff is not until 10/1. This other group is another car group, but they wouldn't interfere with your plans at all. Obviously, for businesses reasons, I'd like to get them in, but you were first. Hope you understand."

Old 09-14-2007, 12:34 PM
gaminis
3rd Gear
Fontana Village

Thanks for the heads up....I just called and made reservations for 2nd & 3rd. in the motel...$66.75 per night..can't beat that.
I'm still up for buying several patches; if I need to. Also, a couple of shirts. No grandkids on this trip, but I'd like to buy T shirts for them, if available.
Thanks,
gaminis
Frank

Quick Reply: MINIs Slay The Sleeping Dragon- Fall Run (Nov 2-4)