Factory JCW Talk (2009+) Discussion of the factory-built 2nd Gen JCW MINI Cooper S, and all unique aspects of this trim.

New JCW Coupe for Newt

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 03:55 PM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
New JCW Coupe for Newt

Heres's the link to the thread with the pix https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...hebignewt.html

Drove this Eclipse Grey/Red car in Scottsdale 2-3 months ago couldn't get it out of my head. Tried very very hard to wait for an F56 and actually went to put down a deposit on one crossing the pond last week but it got scooped up. This car sort of wore me down until my wife said "I told you to buy it the day you drove it, now BUY it Newt". So I called it was still there, I drove down and bought it. Man, what a difference from my R56, it's like night and day and I thought that car was great. Ride is not as harsh but it turns at least as good if not better. It's quieter on the highway (hated the R56 wind noise). And way faster. To be honest some of the F56 new stuff I probably wouldn't even use, like the adjustable dampers, the 3 driving modes (they all use Sport all the time), the light ring. And these headlights are great and you can't even see your own cool LEDs. And the Recaros are superb. So the lesson I learned is go with your gut feeling.