Factory JCW Talk (2009+) Discussion of the factory-built 2nd Gen JCW MINI Cooper S, and all unique aspects of this trim.

ALTA Exposes the 09 JCW R56...

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 12:49 AM
amazingrando
Auto on Sport Button guy
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just and FYI, I discovered the slots in my strut towers earlier this week when I installed my Cross coilovers. My car is a July 07 build. If you remove the allen locating screw that resides next to one of the 3 strut locking nuts, you could get a little negative camber up front, or as Jeff mentioned correct it after lowering.

I'm Jealous. I want your JCW car!

Old 09-03-2008, 10:04 AM
jaridp
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ALTA2
Ok, there are 2 things here that screwed this up! Our dealer (Jarid i still like you) was wrong! Then when i quicky looked at the ****, and flipped on the lights, it was in the day time and i "thought" it lit up. NOPE!

But for sure the non-JCW intake is a real crappy thing. It says that it should have it in a few different places on the net and on some other paperwork.

At this point who knows if this is a launch car issue, or if its the way they come. Even though we would be taking this off, its $300 they should have gotten.
Just saw this. Have you guys felt under the shift boot for wires? Maybe it isnt plugged in?

Old 09-03-2008, 11:31 AM
minim8o
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jaridp
Just saw this. Have you guys felt under the shift boot for wires? Maybe it isnt plugged in?
? Have you seen the shifter ****? Looks opaque painted red to me. I don't think everyone's car is coming "not plugged in" if it could be.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:39 AM
William Blake
4th Gear
Great topic!

I will be driving the JCW on a track this weekend.. I can't wait!

Old 09-11-2008, 09:47 AM
rockridge
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Damn, now I am stuck in the mini configurator building a JCW replacement for my 2007 MCS. This is not a good thing....

Old 09-27-2008, 02:10 AM
T.C.Racing
Neutral
Great write up Jeff And I know you guys are busy as hell at the moment but when you have time could you test and dyno the different between the 09 JWC new exhaust compared to your Alta TBE to see if there are any gains to be had???

Thanks, Tony

Old 10-01-2008, 08:39 AM
ALTA2
Manufacturer
Tony,
We sure will do that test. Its a long story but we have a NEW JCW car as of yesterday. Its the one we actually ordered and spec'ed out. So we will be done the same thing running through all the parts and dynoing and all that stuff. It will be over the next week or two. Keep you eyes peeled!

Old 10-01-2008, 10:16 AM
minim8o
4th Gear
Would love to hear it, & why. Let me guess, for one thing no sun-roof? What else is different?

Old 10-01-2008, 02:08 PM
SmokeM
5th Gear
Originally Posted by ALTA2
Tony,
...Its a long story but we have a NEW JCW car as of yesterday. Its the one we actually ordered and spec'ed out...
Uh oh, that doesn't sound good...do tell what happened.

Old 10-01-2008, 04:36 PM
T.C.Racing
Neutral
Great new, thanks Jeff

Old 10-02-2008, 04:23 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by minim8o
Would love to hear it, & why. Let me guess, for one thing no sun-roof? What else is different?

Yup I had spec'd a car a bit ago, then the Red Launch Edition came in so I bought that, then the car I ordered came in, so I had to take that one too! I have a MINI bug something terrible!

Car we just got:

09 JCW
Pepper White over Pepper White
Factory Aero Kit Painted to match
Black and Red leather interior
Multi Function Steering Wheel

That's IT! Car was only $31K yee ha! We have already installed the black bezels front and rear, Konig Feather 17" w/ 235 tires and red accents, H&R Coilovers, Clear Tail Lamps and a few other goodies. Pics to be up soon.

But I can say for 100% I LOVE not having the sunroof! More room for my helmet!

Old 10-02-2008, 04:25 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by SmokeM
Uh oh, that doesn't sound good...do tell what happened.
The other car is a-ok, and on sale at our friends Lambo Dealer. I will post a link up ASAP!

Old 10-03-2008, 02:30 PM
ENGINE 58
5th Gear
hey adam get some pics up buddy. im thinking of pw for my next color with black wheels .

Old 10-03-2008, 03:55 PM
JCWMINIMIAMI
2nd Gear
I want to give big props to ALTA, I just installed my CAI and the sound and performance is amazing. My next step is to install the the Turbo inlet and Boost tube....Does anyone know if they make a big change

Old 10-03-2008, 04:14 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by JCWMINIMIAMI
I want to give big props to ALTA, I just installed my CAI and the sound and performance is amazing. My next step is to install the the Turbo inlet and Boost tube....Does anyone know if they make a big change
While my opinion is of course biased, you might want to check out the dyno charts on our website:

CLICK HERE FOR BOOST TUBE OR LOOK BELOW

"Like the ALTA Turbo inlet hose, this part was initially designed as a dress up part with a performance flair; we should have seen this as a performance part with a dressy look! Our boost tubes also remove the muffler of sorts in the hot side boost tube. While we knew our hoses were bigger than the OEM hoses, and much smoother all the way down to the intercooler, we never said it made HP. Check out the side by side comparisons below and you can see now why the gains were seen.

This test shown below was done with the intake, turbo back,FMIC, turbo inlet hose and boost tubes installed. While the aforementioned items might contribute to the boost tube making the gains we saw, it is proof positive that the boost tube makes power.

The most important thing we noticed was the increase in boost. When the dyno was launching the car, the starting boost was about 1.5psi higher, which this carried across the entire RPM band. Except above 5700. This is where the ECU didn’t like seeing this extra boost. We don’t think it was boost cut as the engine didn’t stop it just lowered the boost. With the smoother, and larger internals of our ALTA hose, it makes sense it makes more power. Now keep in mind this is an entire replacement hose, not just a sleeve to get rid of the silencer. I think a major reason why these make power is because they get rid of the tight restrictive bends, and the larger inside diameter."

CLICK HERE FOR INLET HOSE or look below

"While we initially developed this product as a dress up part to compliment the rest of the ALTA items, we were pleasantly surprised when the dyno results revealed good news. The illustration below show this product removes intake restriction. The hose on the left is the OEM unit sliced in half, and the ALTA replacement inlet hose on the right. Note the dramatic differences in ID's from one to the other. This allows a larger volume of air to be ingested with less restriction.

As you see, it actually gained HP! This is a run with our intake,FMIC, and turbo back already installed. We were again pleased that the gains were very repeatable and that from run to run there was the same7-8WHP from about 5400 RPM on up. This is a great looking part, and has been shown it performs just as well if not better than it looks.Combined with the ease of installation (less then 5 minutes) it will become part of our formula to make your MINI that much faster!

PLUS! WE have a GREAT sale on both this weekend! Coupon Code FALL08

Let me know if I can help further!