F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Hissing + Squeaky Brake Pedal

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 12:26 PM
JonCanada
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hissing + Squeaky Brake Pedal

when i lightly press on the brake pedal i get a hissing noise and sometimes a squeak... anybody else have this issue? posted a video below... these issues are getting old (software, oil gasket, clutch pedal, now this) last time i'm dealing with a first model year

Seems to be similar to this issue ->
http://www.mini2.com/forum/wheels-ty...edal-area.html

Last edited by JonCanada; 12-01-2017 at 12:32 PM.
Old 12-01-2017, 12:39 PM
atlantaorange
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have had similar issues. this is a brake bleed\air in the lines issue. at least on my car. The head tech at my dealer said it took him 5 times to bleed the brakes correctly. now, no more noise. There seems to be issue with these cars. Not sure if it is only mini or all bmws. I suspect something with the abs. I have 3 other bmws from before 2000 and i can bleed them easily. this mini is the worst i have ever tried to bleed. Dealer should be able to remedy. My clutch pedal also has the sound from time to time but not nearly as bad.

Old 12-07-2017, 06:41 PM
JonCanada
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by atlantaorange
i have had similar issues. this is a brake bleed\air in the lines issue. at least on my car. The head tech at my dealer said it took him 5 times to bleed the brakes correctly. now, no more noise. There seems to be issue with these cars. Not sure if it is only mini or all bmws. I suspect something with the abs. I have 3 other bmws from before 2000 and i can bleed them easily. this mini is the worst i have ever tried to bleed. Dealer should be able to remedy. My clutch pedal also has the sound from time to time but not nearly as bad.
thanks! will be taking it on Monday - hopefully it's the same issue