F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 How to beat JCW Team

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 04:17 AM
SFMCS
4th Gear
Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts
How to beat JCW Team

Streamed the Canadian Tire Continental race Saturday. It appears that the only way you can now beat the MINIs is to run into them (officially-make contact). Sometimes straight off of the track. Even the announcers speculated that the Porsche team (with Foss behind the wheel) would get a penalty after jumping the curb in the corner. Didn't happen and he was quoted "you take the win anyway you can." Is IMSA playing games with the upstart MINI team?

Old 07-10-2017, 04:31 AM
02fanatic
6th Gear
Received 103 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by SFMCS
Streamed the Canadian Tire Continental race Saturday. It appears that the only way you can now beat the MINIs is to run into them (officially-make contact). Sometimes straight off of the track. Even the announcers speculated that the Porsche team (with Foss behind the wheel) would get a penalty after jumping the curb in the corner. Didn't happen and he was quoted "you take the win anyway you can." Is IMSA playing games with the upstart MINI team?
I missed watching it....glad I didn't see that as I'd be pissed! Too bad.

Old 07-10-2017, 06:53 PM
rtowell
4th Gear
Received 100 Likes on 67 Posts
It was hard racing, but I agree about the contact. MINI owned the race all afternoon,