F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Software update - new graphics for engine temperature and green mode

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 01:11 AM
Imperial
3rd Gear
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by hp79
I had my F56 in for the second year service, plus several other things on the list. One of them was a software update to change the behavior of the remote key fob so that it doesn't accidentally open the trunk while driving.

Picked up my car today and noticed the changes in the UI for the engine temperature and the green mode. See picture.
In green mode, the small circle hovers around more actively.

I like it that it's actually making more use of the the pixels in that tiny display.
I haven't checked the firmware version yet, but will when I find time to code some options again. (full shutdown when opening door, tail lights with day time running lights and stuff)

When attempted coding, it shows firmware version F056-16-03-502 (=2016 March). I couldn't pull anything using psdzdata 2.54.1.
Hey, this post is a bit old, but I wonder what was the issue with "software update to change the behavior of the remote key fob so that it doesn't accidentally open the trunk while driving" How can I replicate the issue?

Old 07-13-2019, 02:44 PM
hp79
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Imperial
Hey, this post is a bit old, but I wonder what was the issue with "software update to change the behavior of the remote key fob so that it doesn't accidentally open the trunk while driving" How can I replicate the issue?
While driving it’s suppose to ignore the trunk open button on the remote. More importantly the latest update I got at the end of my warranty was a software change where the fans would run for 2 minutes after car shutdown if you were using AC. That really helps dry out the vent walls reducing AC stink. It probably fixed some rare bugs too.

You have to fight for the update. They won’t just do it for you. Mention the air circulation fix if yours doesn’t do it. I only noticed when I was in a loaner Clubman 2018(or 2019) model doing that.

The following users liked this post:
Imperial (07-13-2019)
Old 07-13-2019, 03:03 PM
Imperial
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by hp79
While driving it’s suppose to ignore the trunk open button on the remote. More importantly the latest update I got at the end of my warranty was a software change where the fans would run for 2 minutes after car shutdown if you were using AC. That really helps dry out the vent walls reducing AC stink. It probably fixed some rare bugs too.

You have to fight for the update. They won’t just do it for you. Mention the air circulation fix if yours doesn’t do it. I only noticed when I was in a loaner Clubman 2018(or 2019) model doing that.
Oh! Good that I came across this thread. My remote key was in my front pocket of the jacket. So it was couple of months ago while I was driving, but was stopped at the red light. I noticed "trunk open" message came up. I pulled over to the next parking lot and closed the trunk. I believe the seat belt pushed "trunk release" button.

1) So this software update would make that trunk button on the remote key inoperable even if you press and hold it while driving?
2) The air circulation fix, you mean keeping fan running for couple of minutes after car is shut off? Or something else?

I purchased this car 4 months ago and still learning... By the way, my 2016 F55 Cooper S already came with what looks like updated graphics in Green Mode.

Old 07-21-2019, 03:13 PM
NBCGLX
4th Gear
Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by Imperial
Oh! Good that I came across this thread. My remote key was in my front pocket of the jacket. So it was couple of months ago while I was driving, but was stopped at the red light. I noticed "trunk open" message came up. I pulled over to the next parking lot and closed the trunk. I believe the seat belt pushed "trunk release" button.

1) So this software update would make that trunk button on the remote key inoperable even if you press and hold it while driving?
2) The air circulation fix, you mean keeping fan running for couple of minutes after car is shut off? Or something else?

I purchased this car 4 months ago and still learning... By the way, my 2016 F55 Cooper S already came with what looks like updated graphics in Green Mode.
2) Yes, my 2019 F57 does this. It seems to run the HVAC fan for a few minutes at the lowest speed. Nothing in the owner's manual about it that I could find, but just accepted it the first time I noticed it when the car was new. I can't recall if it does the same after you've been driving without the A/C on.

Old 07-26-2019, 11:57 PM
Imperial
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by NBCGLX
2) Yes, my 2019 F57 does this. It seems to run the HVAC fan for a few minutes at the lowest speed. Nothing in the owner's manual about it that I could find, but just accepted it the first time I noticed it when the car was new. I can't recall if it does the same after you've been driving without the A/C on.
I tested the trunk button today:

1) I tried to press and hold trunk button while driving(car moving) and the key fob didn't open the trunk, so it is good.
2) I tried another method which is: when I am stopped and my car is in Drive and I press the button, the trunk opens. Is this normal?