F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Help Getting MINI to Ship a Dashboard

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 08:40 AM
misterbl
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help Getting MINI to Ship a Dashboard

On 6/22 my 2014 MINI was viciously attacked by a seven foot piece of 18 wheeler tire. It smashed the hood and windshield and scraped up the dashboard pretty good. I took it to the local authorized MINI collision repair center the very next day and that is where its sat ever since. The hold up? Getting a dashboard shipped from MINI. Everything else has been fixed, but I simply cannot get MINI to ship a dashboard. The collision center and I have both leaned on the local MINI dealer (MINI of Austin). The dealer says they can't do anything because the MINI part supply chain is a mysterious black box to them. They ask for parts from Germany and someday they show up. I tried the MINI Cares hotline, but received the same answer. At then end of August, after I sent a pleading email, MINI Cares finally responded with a shipping estimate of this week. It's now Weds and the dealer and collision center still don't have an ETA. I find this extremely frustrating as I could have ordered a brand new MINI, had it constructed from scratch, shipped, and be driving it. However, apparently all of MINI corporate can't figure out how to ship a single dashboard.

This is partially just me venting, but if anyone has any suggestions on how I can prod MINI into actually shipping a single dashboard I would be eternally grateful.

Sincerely,
Formerly happy but now extremely frustrated MINI owner

Old 09-16-2015, 08:51 AM
papawhiskey
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by misterbl
This is partially just me venting, but if anyone has any suggestions on how I can prod MINI into actually shipping a single dashboard I would be eternally grateful.

Sincerely,
Formerly happy but now extremely frustrated MINI owner
That's really sad. This car has been in production now for well over a year. A full suite of spares should be strategically located around the US by now, and while I'll admit that the dashboard is a rather low volume replacement piece, anything more than two weeks to get one to your shop ranks as pathetic performance.

Old 09-16-2015, 09:30 AM
GregoryK
6th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
I would call ECS Tuning..... just have your Vin # handy.
So sad but hang in..

Old 09-16-2015, 11:22 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,965 Likes on 1,765 Posts
Sorry to here this.

What was the part # ? What color dash ?

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172