F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Issue with Factory Alarm Option on 2015 Mini Cooper S

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 10:53 AM
indierocke
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Issue with Factory Alarm Option on 2015 Mini Cooper S

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone who has the factory alarm option has had this happen. I've had my Cooper S for right at a week. Last Friday and today at lunch I've had the following happen:

I press the driver side unlock doors button to unlock all doors and exit vehicle.
Hit lock button on exterior door handle via comfort access to lock all doors.
Start walking away from vehicle.

Within three to five seconds of locking and walking away the vehicle alarm will sound and I'm talking loud siren sound in a loop.

Usually takes a few seconds for me to turn it off.

The first time I thought well maybe the alarm button got pressed in my pocket against my wallet, but now that its happened again I'm not so sure.

I'm taking it in tomorrow to have them look at a drive train malfunction error message I got over the weekend that went away and to install black bonnet stripes so I'm going to ask about it.

Curious though if anyone has had any issues with this? Both times it happened there were lots of people around and it was a little embarrassing to say that least because it so freaking loud and I hate being that guy whose alarm is going off fumbling like an idiot to get it to quit.

Thanks!

Old 03-17-2015, 08:59 PM
KazO
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't looked carefully at the hood switch on my F55, but E46s are known for this happening if the hood switch isn't working properly, like the hood isn't closed properly or something.

Old 03-18-2015, 07:41 AM
TheUPSman
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you have a window or sun roof cracked? Could be an issue with setting off the sensors inside?

Old 03-18-2015, 12:20 PM
indierocke
2nd Gear
Hey, thanks for the posts and suggestions guys. I found out today from the service advisor when I took it in to have them look at a few things that the interior alarm sensor that is up around the sunroof panel is faulty. They are ordering another one to replace it that has to come from Germany. They said they were going to do a rush status on it and it should be here maybe by Friday.

Thanks again for the help and suggestions though. Glad they were able to pinpoint it and get a resolution in place.

Old 03-18-2015, 12:39 PM
indierocke
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by TheUPSman
Do you have a window or sun roof cracked? Could be an issue with setting off the sensors inside?
Both times when it did happen all of the windows were closed. But it turned out that the sensor was faulty around the sunroof which was causing the issue. I did see though in some other thread on a R generation MINI that sometimes those sensors could be sensitive to stuff like that.