F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Navigation Boot Screen and HUD

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 04:16 PM
bennetbecker
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navigation Boot Screen and HUD

Hello Everyone. Just purchased a fully loaded F56 and I noticed that the Navigation sometimes (like once every ten times) will display a boot up splash screen -it's a video of the mini logo with colored orbs circling around it. I also have seen the HUD display "MINI." during the vehicle start up, but it too is very intermittent. All the other times I turn my car on, I just see the accept terms screen and my speedo in the HUD. Just wondering why this splash screen is so intermittent, or if I am doing something that prompts the car to fully shutdown the navigation system.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

-Andrew

Old 08-12-2014, 11:02 PM
TheRocketPig
1st Gear
I would assume that the system is normally in a sleep mode. The system and it's current state is stored in memory. This makes it faster to boot up when you start the car, and remembers what you were doing when you shut the car off last. When you see the video, it's doing a full boot up.

Granted, this is only a guess. It's pretty typical for computers/portable electronics though.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:43 AM
auguyga
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mine does the same thing too and I've always wondered. Also, I'd love to figure out how to bypass the legal "don't use this while driving" notice every time you start the car up.

Old 08-13-2014, 11:12 AM
sal1k
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by auguyga
Mine does the same thing too and I've always wondered. Also, I'd love to figure out how to bypass the legal "don't use this while driving" notice every time you start the car up.
At least the car will automatically dismiss this screen if you don't do anything. That is, you don't have to click CONFIRM. In other cars, they sometimes always require driver's actions to do this, and other cars don't allow any user interaction while the car is moving.

Old 08-14-2014, 10:09 AM
bennetbecker
1st Gear
I agree. My BMW used to make me accept before I could even change the radio... Much better, but still confused why it randomly decides to reboot. I should also mention that when I came back from vacation (the car had been sitting for 5 days) that it didn't show the welcome screen. But for some reason, when I go into target for 10 minutes and come back out, there it is! <------ Makes no sense.