F55/F56/F57 Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for F55/F56 MINI Cooper AND Cooper S models.

Bluetooth problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 09:39 PM
daffodildeb
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bluetooth problem

I'm not sure if this is the best place to put this thread, or in "Navigation and Audio," but here goes. I've got a 2015 F56, with all the goodies. Lately my iPhone 5S is not picking up phone calls. The calls ring, I push the phone button on the steering wheel, and no one hears anything from then on. The phone stops ringing, and the seconds start counting as if a call is in progress, but I can't hear anyone, and the caller can't hear me. (They report that they no longer hear the phone ringing, but can't hear anything else.) I can make calls with Bluetooth with no problem, and no one has problems hearing me then. It's not a reception problem--plenty of bars. The calls aren't dropping. After yelling hello several times, I click the button again, and the screen says "call ended."

I tried completely reinstalling the phone, and that appeared to help for a couple of weeks, but I'm back to having the same problem. Any suggestions?

Old 03-02-2017, 11:40 PM
tommydh
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats the Ipone not the car. My gf had that same phone and did that all te time in any car she was driving and sometimes with her headset. Only time it was fine was using Apple devices/earbuds or the airbuds(wireless)

Old 02-01-2018, 09:39 PM
Rick369
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by daffodildeb
I'm not sure if this is the best place to put this thread, or in "Navigation and Audio," but here goes. I've got a 2015 F56, with all the goodies. Lately my iPhone 5S is not picking up phone calls. The calls ring, I push the phone button on the steering wheel, and no one hears anything from then on. The phone stops ringing, and the seconds start counting as if a call is in progress, but I can't hear anyone, and the caller can't hear me. (They report that they no longer hear the phone ringing, but can't hear anything else.) I can make calls with Bluetooth with no problem, and no one has problems hearing me then. It's not a reception problem--plenty of bars. The calls aren't dropping. After yelling hello several times, I click the button again, and the screen says "call ended."

I tried completely reinstalling the phone, and that appeared to help for a couple of weeks, but I'm back to having the same problem. Any suggestions?
Did you ever get this fixed? I just purchased a 2018 F55 MCS. When I receive a phone call over Bluetooth, I can hear the other person fine but they cannot hear me. I have an iPhone 7. I didn’t have this problem on my 2016 F56 JCW, Bluetooth worked fine. I also have a 2017 Ford Edge Titanium, without any Bluetooth problems. I had my salesman pair his phone to my car and he had the same problem, could hear the other person but they couldn’t hear him. It is definitely a problem with the car. I have an appointment at the dealer in a week to get the problem fixed.

Old 02-02-2018, 01:04 PM
daffodildeb
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes, but I don't know how. It eventually worked itself out. That was posted a year ago, so I can't remember details, but I think I recoupled the phone 2 or 3 times. Since then I've bought an iPhone 7, and haven't had any trouble with it.