F54 :: Clubman Talk (2015+) MINI Cooper Clubman and Clubman S Discussion

F54 MINI Rubber Mats or Aftermarket?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 06:58 PM
miniluvrF54
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
MINI Rubber Mats or Aftermarket?

In preparation for winter I'm considering rubber mats for my Clubbie.

The MINI rubber mats look nice, but I can't tell how well they'd contain snow and slush at the edges. Are they worth it or should I consider something like a Weathertech mat instead?

Old 10-16-2017, 10:42 AM
Pure Red
4th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Admittedly, the MINI mats aren’t that deep compared to the Weather Techs, but I find the Factory mats easier to drive with since you don’t have those deeper rubber channels messing with your shoes/heels.

Old 10-16-2017, 10:59 AM
Loonysup
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I picked up the Mini mats a week after I got my car because the carpet mats were driving me nuts showing every little piece of dust. I'm really happy with them and as an added bonus my feet don't slip off the peddles anymore.

We have a Weathertech mat in the hatch of our SUV and it's a top notch product. All of my family has them in their cars up Chicago and they swear by them.

Old 10-17-2017, 09:10 AM
ShipM8
4th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
I've had Mini all-weather mats for over five years. I'm in Michigan, so rubber mats are essential in the winter. There is a little mess around the edges after a long winter, but it cleans up pretty easy. I'm coming up on 90,000 miles and the mats still look good, but they are showing some wear -- actually only the driver mat is showing wear, the other three (and the back one) are still mint. I tried some coco mats in the summer to spice things up, but didn't like them due to their thickness.