F54 Music Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 05:10 PM
Midnight Blue
5th Gear
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Music Navigation

Folks,

I actually have a 2017 MCS Countryman All4 but am posing question in this forum as there have been just a few Countryman delivered so far.

We have the Loaded package which includes the larger touchscreen infotainment system. It is easy enough to navigate music library on Music Collection or iPod and one can easily drill down to an artist or album. But if you do select just an album, how do you return to the whole library (unfiltered by album or artist) so that you can engage shuffle and have random songs play from the entire library? Simply engaging shuffle will only shuffle the currently selected album. I'm confused and manual is only electronic in vehicle now and is silent on the matter.

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-17-2017, 02:21 PM
perryinva
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You have to go back to where you select Artist, and select "all Artists" again, then shuffle. You probably figured that out by now. What it lacks is the ability to select multiple artists, or block multiple artists, and play from there. I have to keep a his and hers stick now, because we don't like all the same artists.

Old 03-17-2017, 02:39 PM
Midnight Blue
5th Gear
Originally Posted by perryinva
You have to go back to where you select Artist, and select "all Artists" again, then shuffle. You probably figured that out by now. What it lacks is the ability to select multiple artists, or block multiple artists, and play from there. I have to keep a his and hers stick now, because we don't like all the same artists.
Thanks. I don't recall seeing an "All Artists" as I would have selected that. That's how it was on our 2014 R60 but the 2017 F60 system is different. Will ga back and look again and report back.

Old 03-17-2017, 05:08 PM
Midnight Blue
5th Gear
just checked. There is no "All Artists" selection.

To get our of a filtered play, you need to go to Tracks and select a track not in the current filter (album or artist). Then you can shuffle play the entire library.

Old 03-17-2017, 06:47 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
I run silent when using the wifes 2016 HK Mini Connected car, can't for the life of me grasp the system. Much prefer my simple small screen basic display.

No help here.