F54 :: Clubman Talk (2015+) MINI Cooper Clubman and Clubman S Discussion

F54 Help with profile setting ConXL

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 05:12 AM
RhoniT
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with profile setting ConXL

I have tried and threw up my hands! Possibly I just do not understand this, I don't know?? How do you set the profile with the ConnectedXL? I have tried watching videos, no luck finding one that goes into much detail. I have tried getting the Geek at the dealership to return my call, that is just laughable. I am reaching out for HELP!

Old 01-19-2017, 04:28 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Do you mean personal profiles (saving settings, presets, etc.)?

Those are set automatically based on what key you use to unlock the car. Whatever you change, when you lock the car, any changes get saved to that key's profile.

You can manually choose profiles or have a profile list pop up every time you start the car by going into SETTINGS then PROFILE ("Show User List at Startup")

Old 01-20-2017, 05:25 AM
RhoniT
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the media screen you can choose external devices or --------, drawing a blank this morning. External is from my iPhone, the car recognizes that and plays that music. The other heading there, again I don't recall what it is, is the one for a profile setting. It goes to profile and yes it saves your seat position, steering wheel and etc. but it also has your favorite music, 50 top songs and another topic. Too early and late night, I've only had two sips of coffee. I tried again yesterday using a different USB and was able to get a small playlist from my iTunes loaded on the USB and onto the car! Woo Hoo! Progress!! I loaded a larger play list on the USB and will try it today. It did take some time for it to load to the car. Maybe 10 minutes before it started working. It was nice to turn off the car in the middle of Sweet Home Alabama and have it pick back up immediately upon starting the car, no hesitation. Also for the first time ever the toggles (volume/song on steering wheel) worked without a problem, volume has always worked the song up or down not so much. So maybe it figured it, fingers crossed!!