None Turbo to Turbo Conversion - North American Motoring

Go Back  North American Motoring > MINIs in General > European MINIs
None Turbo to Turbo Conversion >

None Turbo to Turbo Conversion

European MINIs European MINIs may look similar but there are some interesting differences. Learn more here!

Old 09-20-2017, 11:46 AM
addrock29
Neutral

I have a 2009 Non-Turbo Hatchback and wanted to convert it to a Turbo Hatchback. I found a 2008 Cooper S at a junk yard and pulled off the Turbo and Header, Intercooler and intake manifold, a small coolant pump and an adapter plate where the oil and coolant go into the engine block. I figured I still need injectors, and possibly the fuel pump and probably a bunch of little things. I just wanted to reach out to see if anyone has done this before and what I will need to get it running right.

Old 03-01-2019, 05:28 AM
SuN13300
1st Gear
Originally Posted by addrock29 View Post
I have a 2009 Non-Turbo Hatchback and wanted to convert it to a Turbo Hatchback. I found a 2008 Cooper S at a junk yard and pulled off the Turbo and Header, Intercooler and intake manifold, a small coolant pump and an adapter plate where the oil and coolant go into the engine block. I figured I still need injectors, and possibly the fuel pump and probably a bunch of little things. I just wanted to reach out to see if anyone has done this before and what I will need to get it running right.
If I were you, I would take the complete engine + DME from the MCS in the junkyard.

Lot of internals are different between NA and Turbo. Starting with compression ratio (pistons, cylinderhead...etc)

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: