Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Electrical Anyone have a bluetooth Adapter?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 07:04 PM
DSRH
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have a bluetooth Adapter?

Just wondering how the MC bluetooth device works. I have a bluetooth phone and since I have ordered a 2006 MCS with a six speed manual I think I should investigate a cell phone helper as I talk on the phone alot in the car....I have a Motorola bluetooth headset but I really don't like it. I have to talk too loud and it is fairly tough to hear...Anyone have the bluetooth device or other solutions?

Thanks.

Old 10-09-2006, 07:51 PM
Edge
AdMINIstrator
There are two OEM Bluetooth kits - the original one, which mounts a keypad to one of your downtubes - not cheap, but not crazy expensive...

...and the utterly ridiculously expensive "full" kit, with which you dock your phone into the OEM armrest, and integrates with your steering wheel BT buttons, and also integrates with the factory Nav (if you have it), or instead an optional LCD screen that mounts up on the top of the dash (if you don't have Nav and still want a display).

I am one of the few crazy nuts who bought the "big" kit, which I justified because I love gadgets and the fact that the kit is the ONLY one to fully integrate with the Nav system.

There are several good aftermarket kits though, some of which will also integrate with the steering wheel controls, and cost far less than the "big" OEM kit, and probably less than the "small" OEM kit too. I'm sure you'll get plenty of responses on those.

Old 05-29-2007, 07:52 PM
Drsms22
5th Gear
Will the big bluetooth kit integrate with an aftermarket Nav?

Will the big bluetooth kit integrate with an aftermarket Nav?

Old 06-03-2007, 04:05 PM
techguru
1st Gear
No it won't integrate with an aftermarket Nav.

I have the original nav system in my car and I've been looking at the "big kit", but for the price and the time that I'm in the car it's not worth it to me. So instead I use the Motorola/Oakley RAZRWIRE. The Sucker is awesome. I've gone through a lot of headsets and I like that one the most.

http://oakley.com/pd/2261/8895

Now, if you are a person that works in your car all day long or you have a long commute, it might make sense to buy the "big kit." Otherwise, I say don't waste your time, just go buy a good bluetooth headset.

Last edited by techguru; 06-03-2007 at 04:13 PM.