Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Electrical OEM fog light install

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 11:40 AM
ruggedbert
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OEM fog light install

I have decided to buy and install the OEM fog lights that are integrated into the bumper. My question is, do i need a wiring harness, or is there one waiting for me behind the bumper? with the exception of getting the lights activated by the dealer so that I can use the factory switch banks, is there anything else i should worry about? Thanks. I have a 2006 MCS. If this is a pain, is there any other kit that would bolt up to the factory mounting brakets?
Thanks

Old 09-02-2006, 01:42 PM
rkw
OVERDRIVE
Received 120 Likes on 105 Posts
Your 2006 is pre-wired and self-install will be easy. Reach under the bumper and sqeeze the tabs to release and remove the rubber plug. In that area behind the bumper, you should find the harness wiring (probably coiled and taped). Plug it into the fog light and snap the lamp into the hole in the bumper. Those steps don't even require tools.

The toggle panel is a straight swap for your current one. It comes in ASC or DSC versions (actually I think the only difference is the label). After you've swapped the toggle panel, all you need is the dealer programming and you're done.

I got my parts from Classic MINI with a NAM discount. Here's a link that describes releasing the console down tubes to swap the toggle panel: http://www.gbmini.net/mtblog/archive..._downtub.shtml