Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Electrical Morimoto HID kit help

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 01:34 PM
Diaz_13
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Morimoto HID kit help

So thanks to the great response from esctunning I ordered myself some new headlights and HID’s. I opted for the morimoto h7 with 55w ballasts from retrofitment. It came with the ballasts,5500k bulb, stand-alone canbus,igniter and bulb wire. Everyone I connect them they obviously don’t turn on. When turn it to the first light dial only the very bottom stock ones turn on. If I switch to driving lights the bottom stock bulbs turn off and neither work. I can’t figure out what’s wrong. I’ll include pictures of the my wire setup I used. The cambus has a h7 adapter that couldn’t connect to any connect I have so simply took it off. Also the spade connected are confusing me. In what orientation should they go. Where does the orange and black go into. Red to brown black and black to yellow? Not sure. Any help would be great!