Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Electrical Adding auto fold mirrors to an R60

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 08:39 PM
extranrg
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adding auto fold mirrors to an R60

Embarking on a new project. Heiker has added auto fold mirrors to his Countryman, but the information on how they were wired was never posted to the site. I have acquired the mirrors and the driver's door switch from a totaled car, but there appears to be major differences in the wiring. I have attached the mirror wiring diagram from the dealer; I am still waiting on the switch diagram.

The new switch cluster has fewer pins than the one that is currently in the car, but the current car has one less function, the auto fold. There is also a wiring change the the mirrors as they now require power for the motor. I don't have any idea what I am looking at in this diagram, and the .tif file is apparently the best that the dealer can do. Can anyone out there help me make heads or tales of this diagram so that I can start to design a wiring harness to make this work?

Attached Thumbnails Adding auto fold mirrors to an R60-img_5523.jpg   Adding auto fold mirrors to an R60-img_5524.jpg   Adding auto fold mirrors to an R60-img_5526.jpg   Adding auto fold mirrors to an R60-mirror-wiring-diagram.jpg  
Old 08-30-2017, 05:22 AM
MiniToBe
6th Gear
Received 427 Likes on 393 Posts
you're missing the actual module that controls the function. something like this part: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Mini-Co...VX7v4O&vxp=mtr

then you need the plug and wires to that module.