Electrical Strobe Effect on Headlight when startup!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 11:06 AM
Garivel
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Strobe Effect on Headlight when startup!

I recently decided to convert my headlights to LED and I purchased the Auxbeam F-S4 Series H13 Headlight Conversion kit with 2pcs of Headlight bulbs 60W CREE LED Chips Fog Light on Amazon for $29.99 for my 2016 MCS Countryman. After installation it works fine except for the Light Bulb Warning on the dashboard so I also purchased the Auxbeam H13 LED Conversion Kit Error Free Wiring Harness Adaptor on Amazon for $19.99 to removed the warning light. Everytime I start the car at daytime it creates a flashing strobe for 2 seconds on both headlights then it stops but at night when it is dark it just turns on normally and my headlights are set to Auto Mode. Does anyone have this same effect when you converted your headlights from Halogen to LED?

Old 07-28-2017, 11:13 AM
Qik420
4th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Any LED you stick in your car will flash after start up, even the CANBUS type but CANBUS won't give you the bulb out warning in my experience. I'm almost 90% sure you can code out the "bulb check" that the car runs upon startup(what causes flashing) with the Carly app or the like. You can also code out the bulb out notification.

Old 07-28-2017, 11:16 AM
Qik420
4th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Also, the wiring harnesses have never worked for me. I went thru 3 of one type, then switched to another grounded type and it still threw the error. I gave up and plan on coding the bulb check/bulb out- out, but I rarely use my fogs anyhow,and my running light LED's are CANBUS and don't throw a code. The fog LED's will every dam time, adapter or not but will code out soon.

Old 07-28-2017, 02:46 PM
ke3ee
3rd Gear
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
You can code out the Bulb check with Icarly software also. The reason it does during the day and not at night on auto is its just running a bulb check in daylight and at night it s turns them on instantly.

I'd be interested to know what you think of the brightness and pattern of the LEDS compared to the stock halogens

Old 12-02-2017, 08:48 PM
Newbomb Turk
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the Auxbeam NF-X3 LED conversion H7 for my wife’s 2006 base Mini. It as well does the strobe for 2 seconds or so. They stop and the car starts fine. It freaks her out, is it a problem? I’ve read you can “code them out?” What does that mean? How can I do it or if I leave it to bulb check, will it become a problem? Thanks