Electrical Adding 2nd reverse light? F54

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 07:52 PM
godskid
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Adding 2nd reverse light? F54

Had anybody added a second reverse light (backup light, for google purposes, in case anybody searches for such a thread) in the Gen 3 minis? I've got an F54 2017 Clubman S All4, no rear fog light. If it's easy enough I'd really like to have 2 reverse lights! Not LEDs, for full info supplying.

Deb

Old 07-28-2017, 07:07 PM
WhatV8
4th Gear
Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts
I will have to double check mine, but you should have a reverse light in each rear lens. I don't think it matters if you have the LED lighting package or not, as both style rear housings have a clear/reverse portion of the lens (see below). For reference, I have the LED lighting package.

Attached Thumbnails Adding 2nd reverse light?  F54-comparison-tail-lights_clubman_reverse.jpg  
Old 07-28-2017, 07:20 PM
WhatV8
4th Gear
Ok, grabbed my camera and waltzed out to the driveway to check it out...yep, 2 reverse lights on mine, 1 in each lens. The bright red spot on the lower tail lights is from my camera's flash, not a lit up bulb.

Are you looking at adding some auxiliary reverse lights, kind of like what folks do who have trucks and tow a trailer (i.e.- hang under the rear bumper)?

Attached Thumbnails Adding 2nd reverse light?  F54-lights-clubman_reverse.jpg  
Old 07-28-2017, 08:45 PM
godskid
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No, not doing anything strange. I'm just used to the previous generation of Clubman, where everybody alerted me that one light was out. Because it only had one.

I had a friend check mine tonight too -- and lo and behold, they DO have two reverse lights! By golly!

Thanks y'all. It's just hard to see them by myself, so I hadn't looked yet.

Old 07-29-2017, 10:39 AM
WhatV8
4th Gear
No problem, your question made me go out and look myself. I guess I haven't backed into a spot that had a reflective surface where I can see the reverse lights myself. Glad we answered our own questions, eh?

The following users liked this post:
godskid (07-31-2017)