Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Electrical NEED HELP: Odd issue after Bluetooth retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 09:15 PM
bit_bucket
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NEED HELP: Odd issue after Bluetooth retrofit

Little background. I have an 09 R56 that did not come with Bluetooth originally. I purchased a ULF High from a BMW parts place. It was not the latest part number but it was originally supported by MINI sometime back. It was used out of a BMW.

I installed everything. I verified the fiber optics. I.e. I get light down the proper paths with everything in place. I coded the VO in CAS and FRM and defaulted the RAD2 module. I have very new Daren's. and I also do proper defaulting using an expert mode profile.

Issue: When I select the option to pull up the Bluetooth it says Phone and has 2 lines above it. It cannot be selected and none of the mobile phone buttons work. The odd thing is, if I plug in my Y-Cable and my iPhone it shows up as IPod and that works great/ sounds great. Just no Bluetooth functions. Unless I am missing something here that would indicate the ULF and MOST buss is working. Is this a case of having the other cars VIN in my MULF2 module? Also something to mention. I see MULF2 now in NCS as a selectable module. Of course it cannot be defaulted or programmed due to the need to do it over the MOST bus.

What at am I missing here. Do I need to also default CAS as well as FRM?

I really could use sn experts help here before I return the ULF and shell out full price for a new one.

Old 03-05-2017, 01:33 PM
bit_bucket
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Problem fixed itself

Came out to the car today and Bluetooth was working fine. Looks like the ignition just needed to be cycled a few times or a waiting period was needed for this to work. Guessing it was some type of adaption the RAD2 system carried out on the MULF2 due to the fact that this was a used ULF from a BMW.

Everything works great and and with the lightning Y cable it does Apple Music well.