Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Electrical Coding for LED turn signals?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 09:06 AM
njaremka
Alliance Member
Received 1,710 Likes on 1,379 Posts
Coding for LED turn signals?

Is it possible to code out the hyperflash for turn signals with LED replacements? I will install resistors if I "HAVE" to, but if I can code them, I would prefer that solution.

I have the Carly app for use.

Old 01-30-2017, 05:45 AM
Detzl
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the app as well and I don't think it's possible. You can disable the bulb check so you don't get an bulb error due to low resistance. You can put in line resistors to get rid of the hyperflash but that means you need to splice into to your harness. I am not a fan of that. To my knowledge our cars don't use flasher relays either. I seen a post somewhere about getting around the hyperflash in some other way but I can't find it.

Last edited by Detzl; 01-30-2017 at 06:09 AM.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:41 AM
rkw
OVERDRIVE
Received 120 Likes on 105 Posts
MINI never offered LED turn signals, either from the factory or sold as separate accessory. There's no reason they would create a coding option for it.

Old 03-01-2017, 11:54 PM
Tommy Kardinal
2nd Gear
Unrelated to your topic, but what kind of coding can you do with the Carly app? I want to unlock a bunch of stuff using NCS but there's a whole ton of old, scattered information around that's making it hard to do. I haven't heard much about the Carly app but I did hear it was easy to use at least. Is there a list of stuff I can unlock with it?

Old 03-06-2017, 08:20 PM
James3370
1st Gear
I replaced a good majority on my interior & exterior bulbs with LEDs and haven't had any issues with "hyper-flashing". Before I had the "bulb check" coded out, they did flicker on occasion, which I found irritating so just had the bulb check turned off altogether.

I used these for the fender-mounted turn signals & the parking/"DRL" upper bulbs in the round airdam bulbs -
Amazon Amazon

Since my car is blue, I used these for the "puddle" lights in the bottom of the doors, the under-dash floor lights & the overhead interior lights.
Amazon Amazon

I also used the white ones for the overhead center "map lights", but I left the ones by the rearview mirror stock as they were just TOO BRIGHT in your face LOL

I tried replacing the front blinker & rear brake & turn signal lights with the equivalent bulb-sized LEDs but the light output wasn't noticeably better, so I returned them to Amazon LOL

Lastly, I used these for the reverse lights & holy WOW do they light up wherever you're backing into :D -
Amazon Amazon