Electrical USB/Aux/Bluetooth not working

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 12:29 AM
Lauren Billys
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation USB/Aux/Bluetooth not working

I recently purchased a used 2012 MINI Countryman S AWD. My problem is multidimensional as I first found that I cannot connect my phone to the car via bluetooth. In any menu with Bluetooth, the computer will not place a checkmark next to "Bluetooth". I assumed I probably needed to do a software update. As I went to search my VIN, I was in luck. My computer needed to be updated for the past few years. I downloaded the appropriate download to my USB stick and stuck it into my USB drive of my MINI only to find that it did not register that I had anything plugged into my USB input. After more investigation and multiple cords, I found the USB does not work and neither does the AUX input. Now I believe my software does need to be updated and that I need a new USB/AUX input socket. Can anyone give me advice on which socket to purchase? And how exactly to remove the old socket and install the new one. Thank you in advance!

Old 12-14-2016, 03:41 AM
MiniToBe
6th Gear
Received 427 Likes on 393 Posts
Ask the previous owner if he honestly knows whether there was some thing wrong with the usb/aux connecrions.
If they indeed dont work, perhaps the module is dead. Also take a loom at the fuses to make sure all are good.