Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Electrical DIY Fog light install (in-bumper)

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 01:44 PM
MytiMni
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DIY Fog light install (in-bumper)

After searching all over the place, I couldn't find a DIY anywhere for in-bumper fog installation for my 05 MCS. So I found the updated official instructions and dove in head first. The instructions were a little bit vague in some areas, but I managed to figure them out and install the lights successfully. It took me awhile to post this because my local MINI dealership's service department went on strike for two months and I wasn't able to find out if the lights worked until I got them programmed. But I finally went to another dealership for my recent service and got them done at the same time. They charged me $75 to code the front and rear fog lights and the alarm that I had also installed. And everything worked!

I simply added my DIY to the existing instructions, so you can download them and use my supplemental pages in conjunction with the factory instructions. Check out my gallery for my DIY. I didn't cover every aspect of the installation, instead relying on some other DIYs to supplement some of the procedures. For example, the toggle switch panel is covered beautifully in this DIY and the door sill removal is described here. I could not get perfectly clear pictures for everything mentioned in the instructions, but I feel I covered most of the hard stuff. I also posted some of the color pictures in my gallery for further clarification.

I hope this helps with those who want to do their own fog lights.

Good luck!

Last edited by MytiMni; 09-03-2008 at 10:46 PM.