Eastern Iowa MINIs Eastern Iowa MINI enthusiasts group

MINI's TO Macon, MO- Friday October 7th, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 11:15 AM
Blueberry03MC
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MINI's TO Macon, MO- Friday October 7th, 2011

Update: 1 week till MINI's to Macon, MO (MINI Cooper Car Rally)
Check out my lastest update posted on Sept 30, 2011
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greetings Mini Cooper owners:
My name is Hilary Morrissey, and I am the event coordinator for the Minis to Macon Car Rally. I love my Mini, and want to invite you to Macon, Missouri for our Mini Cooper Rally. We have our own web page and the web address is: http://www.ministomacon.moonfruit.com/
We are officially counting down to October 7, 2011. Our event is 73 days away, and most of the details are in place for a fantastic rally. I will be posting new information on this website every 15 days until October 1st, so we can keep in touch.

*First of all, Macon, Missouri is at the crossroads of Highway 36 and Highway 63. Both roads are divided highways and are in excellent condition. Macon is 60 miles north of Columbia, Missouri, 2 hours and 30 minutes from Kansas City; and, 2 hours and 45 minute from St. Louis, Missouri. My family and I recently traveled to Kansas City to the Mini/Miata Drive-in on July 16th. We enjoyed the trip and met some really nice people. We also attended the European Car Show on June 5th in St. Louis, Missouri. Both trips were easy drives for my Mini.
I realize that putting on a Mini Rally in Macon, Missouri on a Friday will provide some challenges to everyone. I truly believe we have put together a fun day that you won’t soon forget. Get ready for some Macon hospitality - MINI POWER!

*When you arrive in Macon on Friday, October 7th, we will have a $5.00 gift card for you from McDonald’s for coffee and rolls. McDonald’s Restaurant is next to our event location. I believe the highlight of the Rally will be the Macon Homecoming Parade where there will be firetrucks, other Classic and Antique vehicles, Homecoming and Class Queens, The Macon Tiger High School Marching Band, Cheerleaders and other performers, floats, horses, and 16 blocks of hometown cheering spectators who love Mini Coopers. We also have a great luncheon planned where we will present our awards. A.J.’s Restaurant will capture your appetite with it’s unique flavors and recipes. Their onion rings are out of this world. If you want to stay for dinner after the parade, The Pear Tree Restaurant in Bevier (5 miles away) may be the best kept secret in fine dining. Both A.J.’s and the The Pear Tree are owned by Hall of Fame Restaurateur, Al Abbadessa and his son, Michael Abbadessa. Hotel arrangements are also available at several locations.
My next post will be August 8th, (60 days prior to the event) on the Minis to Macon forum.
Registration forms are available on this website under the “Car Rally” tab. So, come on, join in the Minis to Macon Rally.

Thanks,
Hilary Morrissey
Minis TO Macon, MO Car Rally Coordinator

Last edited by Blueberry03MC; 09-30-2011 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Updating information about Rally
Old 07-27-2011, 12:09 PM
Blueberry03MC
2nd Gear
Hey MINI Cooper Owners of Eastern Iowa!

I just updated my original post about the MINI's to Macon, Missouri Car Rally...Check it out!

Thanks,
Hilary

Old 08-08-2011, 08:34 PM
Blueberry03MC
2nd Gear
Greetings Mini Lovers & Enthusiasts:

This is Hilary Morrissey, Mini’s to Macon Car Rally Show Coordinator. You probably received my 75 day to event Email and as I promised, I’m following up every 15 days. We are now at 60 days (two months) to our Mini’s to Macon Rally. I have had responses and questions from several of you and want to thank you for your interest. I really need your help in getting the word out to every mini owner that they are invited to Macon, Missouri for our event.

Please forward this email and our Mini’s to Macon web page http://www.ministomacon.moonfruit.com*information so no Mini will be left out.
I am anticipating a beautiful fall as the trees and foliage really turn to some beautiful red’s, oranges and yellows. The drive to the Country should be really fun as you experience the wonderful fall colors. Please make plans now to include the Mini’s to Macon Rally in your schedule and mail your reservation in to guarantee a spot in this event. I will be back in touch around August 23rd with more information on the Mini’s to Macon Rally. MINI POWER!

Thanks!
Hilary Morrissey

PS I have a Facebook group and event for MINI's To Macon, MO MINI Cooper Car Rally
Go on Facebook and Search MINI's to Macon, MO (MINI Cooper Car Rally) or
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/240557822631522/
Facebook Event: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=247157228646297

Old 08-23-2011, 03:36 PM
Blueberry03MC
2nd Gear
Greetings Mini Owners:

We are 45 days out from our Minis to Macon Rally and have received a number of verbal commitments to attend our Mini event October 7, 2011. I want to remind everyone of the itinerary for Friday, October 7, 2011.
8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. --------------Sign in – Register
10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.-------------Car Display – Door Prizes
12:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.--------------Lunch at A.J.’s/ Awards
2:00 p.m. to 2:15 p.m.---------------Depart for Homecoming Parade
2:15 p.m. to 2:45 p.m. --------------Line up for Parade
3:00 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. --------------Macon Homecoming Parade
4:00 -----------------------------------Event Over

Please help me promote this event by forwarding this email and our Minis to Macon web page to any Mini friends you have. (http://www.ministomacon.moonfruit.com)
Please consider registering early for our event so we can reserve your spot. Space is limited and we want to try and accommodate everyone who wants to attend. Registration is on the website! There is also a Facebook group and event for MINI's To Macon, MO MINI Cooper Car Rally, Join the group to get updates!
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/240557822631522/
Facebook Event: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=247157228646297

I’ll be back in touch on September 7, 2011 (30 days) prior, to give you an update. Thanks for your help. Hilary Morrissey – 2003 Indi Blue Mini Cooper.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:16 PM
Blueberry03MC
2nd Gear
Greetings Mini Cooper Owners and Enthusiasts. The countdown is at 30 days to the Minis to Macon Car Rally/Show in Macon, Missouri on Friday, October 7, 2011. We have received several entries to the Minis to Macon Event and are optimistic that more are on the way. I want to encourage everyone who plans on attending to pre-register prior to October 1st so we can make certain that we are prepared for all our guests. Registration forms are available online, go to the website and it's under the Car Rally tab.
Your drive to Macon will feature the brilliant fall colors, farmers harvesting their crops, and the cool breeze of a country drive. Let’s go Coopers, come on out to the Country!
Please forward this information and our website www.ministomacon.moonfruit.com to any other Mini owners you know. Thanks for your help.

Hilary Morrissey, Mini's to Macon, Missouri Coordinator

PS. If you are on Facebook, Check out the group and event for MINI's To Macon, MO MINI Cooper Car Rally, Join the group to get updates!
Facebook Group:*http://www.facebook.com/groups/240557822631522/
Facebook Event:*http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=247157228646297

Old 09-23-2011, 02:56 PM
Blueberry03MC
2nd Gear
Two weeks from today is the Mini’s to Macon Rally/Show in Macon, Missouri. All systems are go… Momentum is building and registrations are coming in. I had very modest expectations in the beginning on the number of Mini’s that would be able to make it to our event on a Friday in a rural area. Mini’s from around the State have responded and are going to have a big presence in Macon come October 7th.
Macon’s football team is undefeated and rated #1 in Class 2. The Homecoming Parade will be one of the biggest in years as everyone will want to cheer on the Tigers. We have a special treat for all the hometown folks as we parade our Mini’s down Main Street.

It is very important that if you are planning on attending the Minis to Macon Rally, we would appreciate it if you could pre-register prior to October 2nd.
For those of you that have already pre-registered you will receive confirmation and further details on October 3rd.
It’s not too late to join the festivities, so let your Mini come on out to the country.

Mini Power!

Hilary Morrissey
MINI's to Macon, MO Coordinator
'03 Indi Blue MINI Cooper

Old 09-30-2011, 06:59 PM
Blueberry03MC
2nd Gear
One week from today our first MINI's to Macon Car Rally/Show will be a reality. We are excited about our guests coming to Macon, Missouri. The weather forecast looks wonderful! (Sunny and 73) The drive to Macon should be gorgeous with all the fall colors. We have a great group of MINI's from around the state and 2 from Illinois. To date we have twelve pre-register MINI's and could probably handle 3-4 more.

Our Macon Tiger Football team is still undefeated and ranked #1 in the State! The Macon Homecoming Parade 2011 should be one of the biggest ever. If anyone decides to come and is not pre-registered, please let me know. MINI's forever!!

Hilary Morrissey
MINI's to Macon, MO Coordinator