North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Eastern Iowa MINIs (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/eastern-iowa-minis-246/)
-   -   EIM Meet-n-Eat at Sneaky Petes, LeClaire -- Saturday, Feb 26 (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/eastern-iowa-minis/203874-eim-meet-n-eat-at-sneaky-petes-leclaire-saturday-feb-26-a.html)

Gil-galad 02-05-2011 07:49 AM

EIM Meet-n-Eat at Sneaky Petes, LeClaire -- Saturday, Feb 26

Here's the scoop...sincere thanks to MariaChick for the great idea. :thumbsup:

----

We plan to meet up in LeClaire, IA at Sneaky Petes Bar and Grill. Rendezvous time is 10:45 am. Edit: Park in the large parking lot behind Sneaky Petes overlooking the river -- turn on Jones St. toward the river, over the RR tracks and turn left into lot. Come early if you'd like to take a stroll down along the river.

We will go in and take our tables for lunch when they open at 11:00 am.

After lunch (~1:30 pm) we plan to relocate our MINIs 3 blocks south of the restaurant for a visit to Antique Archaeology of "American Pickers" History Channel fame. Parking plans for this visit will be shared later. Bring your camera!

****The RSVP link -- and web links for information on the sites we will be visiting -- can be found in our EIM Event Calendar Entry (<-- link). Please visit.****

----

This should be a blast. Let's hope Mother Nature is on our side. :nod:

Smokin' Jo 02-05-2011 09:09 AM

For the Inquiring Minds that want to know

Car Wash

Enright Enterprises

950 E Mississippi View Court, Le Claire, IA 52753-9596

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?ci...IA&hl=en&gl=us

Between McDonald's & Comfort Inn

Gil-galad 02-05-2011 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Smokin' Jo (Post 3208463)
For the Inquiring Minds that want to know

Car Wash

Amazing. You read my mind! :eek: :wink:

I also figured that since you were already there last year putting the moves on Danielle, you might have a feel for the parking situation there. From the pictures it looks like their lot is pretty small. I was wondering about the street out front (or is it an alley?).

lapshoffman 02-06-2011 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Gil-galad (Post 3208405)
Here's the scoop...sincere thanks to MariaChick for the great idea. :thumbsup:

----

We plan to meet up in LeClaire, IA at Sneaky Petes Bar and Grill. Rendezvous time is 10:45 am. There is limited parking available along North Cody Road in front of the restaurant and we'll take it if available; otherwise, we can park together right around the corner (south) and up the hill (west) along Jones Street. Come early if you'd like to take a stroll down along the river.

We will go in and take our tables for lunch when they open at 11:00 am.

After lunch (~1:30 pm) we plan to relocate our MINIs 3 blocks south of the restaurant for a visit to Antique Archaeology of "American Pickers" History Channel fame. Parking plans for this visit will be shared later. Bring your camera!

****The RSVP link -- and web links for information on the sites we will be visiting -- can be found in our EIM Event Calendar Entry (<-- link). Please visit.****

----

This should be a blast. Let's hope Mother Nature is on our side. :nod:

Sounds like a bunch of fun. We are "Picker" fans and love Sneaky Pete's.

Smokin' Jo 02-10-2011 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Gil-galad (Post 3208632)
...the parking situation there. From the pictures it looks like their lot is pretty small. I was wondering about the street out front (or is it an alley?).

Yes, their lot is small and usually has items lying about.
And that is an alley out front. Parking there is a "No-Go".
We'd probably have to do street parking leaving a block - block 1/2 walk to
Antique Archeology. I'll try to get over there and scope it out and take some pictures.

Just for the record...I didn't put any moves on her...what was I thinking! :lol:

MININicole 02-16-2011 02:29 PM

Looks like I'm not going to make this one--it's the one and only Saturday that I'm schedule to work this month. :(

Gil-galad 02-16-2011 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by MININicole (Post 3216120)
Looks like I'm not going to make this one--it's the one and only Saturday that I'm schedule to work this month. :(

Rats...we'll miss meeting you and Seamus!

Hopefully March 26th will stay open on your calendar and we'll have the opportunity to see you in Cedar Rapids. :nod:

Gil-galad 02-16-2011 06:32 PM

Hey y'all -

densan57 scoped out the LeClaire environs today for us and passed on some good planning gouge (thanks!). It seems that there is a large parking lot behind Sneaky Petes overlooking the river which will probably be optimal for lunch parking. Turn on Jones St. toward the river, over the RR tracks and turn left into lot. (This also happens to be where the Buffalo Bill Museum is.) I'll edit the original post to reflect this modified parking plan.

They also suggest that the Iowa Welcome Center (spectacular views and lots of interesting things to see inside the building) and the new Mississippi River Distilling Company (mrdistilling.com - hourly tours from 1-4) represent other potential fun stops that afternoon, not to mention the local antique stores. We'll keep everything on the plate!

Smokin' Jo 02-16-2011 08:44 PM

There is a small parking lot across from the BP gas station for when we motor to Antique Archeology.

JPMM 02-18-2011 11:22 AM

Oil Change Indicator Update Contest ---Prize!!

OK I'm offering a Prize of two LED license plate bulbs to anybody if they can get my oil change indicator updated:thumbsup:
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co.../DSC000311.JPG

Ever since I had the car worked on I can't get it. Maybe we could document the process with photos, so it can be reproduced. Challenge at the Sneaky Petes

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ent-howto.html

05MINI 02-18-2011 01:08 PM

I have done this myself from the instructions in my Haynes manual. I am actually changing my oil Sunday so I will have 'refreshed' my skill. :lol: I have actually made a copy of the instructions because in the book you have to turn the page in the middle of the process! I guess I have A.D.D. because I found that confusing:confused:. I'll bring my Haynes book along to Sneaky Pete's.

Warning- my Haynes book was in the boot when a 'spirited' turn caused a cooler to dump its contents. It is a little water stained.:sad: But the curves were well worth it:thumbsup:

Gil-galad 02-21-2011 10:36 AM

Yo -

Including RSVPs from all sources, I'm counting 16 MINIs and ~32 heads for Saturday so far. :thumbsup:

Long range wx forecast could be worse, but could be better. (WTH, it's February :impatient:)

Originally Posted by 05MINI (Post 3217443)
Warning- my Haynes book was in the boot when a 'spirited' turn caused a cooler to dump its contents. It is a little water stained.:sad: But the curves were well worth it

...I think I remember when that "dump" happened...:grin:

Miah34 02-21-2011 03:59 PM

The SII can be reset using the trip odometer reset button in the instrument cluster:
  • The ignition key must be in the "0" ("off") position.
  • Press and hold the trip odometer reset button in the instrument cluster, and turn the ignition key to the "1' (accessory) position.
  • Keep the button pressed for approx. 5 more seconds until the current SII status appears in the display: "Oil Service" or "Inspection". Release the button.
  • Press the button again and hold for approx. 5 seconds to change to the reset mode. The letters "RST" appear. While the display is flashing, press the button briefly to reset the Service Interval. The new interval will be displayed for 5 seconds .
  • Release the button and turn ignition off.

JPMM 02-21-2011 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Miah34 (Post 3219472)
The SII can be reset using the trip odometer reset button in the instrument cluster:
  • The ignition key must be in the "0" ("off") position.
  • Press and hold the trip odometer reset button in the instrument cluster, and turn the ignition key to the "1' (accessory) position.
  • Keep the button pressed for approx. 5 more seconds until the current SII status appears in the display: "Oil Service" or "Inspection". Release the button.
  • Press the button again and hold for approx. 5 seconds to change to the reset mode. The letters "RST" appear. While the display is flashing, press the button briefly to reset the Service Interval. The new interval will be displayed for 5 seconds .
  • Release the button and turn ignition off.

look like your'e in line for a set of leds!

Gil-galad 02-22-2011 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by JPMM (Post 3219633)
look like your'e in line for a set of leds!

I think he and Linda will have to arm-wrestle for it...

JPMM 02-22-2011 10:58 AM

did an invite(dig that MC40 at Lujack's)

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...you-can-2.html

JPMM 02-22-2011 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Gil-galad (Post 3219852)
I think he and Linda will have to arm-wrestle for it...

Like snowmobiles running full honk ,they could see how far they could drive out on the water:grin:

I have more sets if they have a draw :eek2:

srmitch2 02-23-2011 04:12 PM

Bobbi and Steve are ready to get out on the road, weather co-operating or not. :thumbsup:

Nabou 02-24-2011 06:48 AM

Jim and I will be there on Saturday! Sorry that I'm just now getting around to rsvp-ing.

Getting a full detail today! Hope he's still shiny for Saturday :impatient:

Nabou 02-24-2011 06:54 AM

I think all the guys (well, gals too if they want) should wear ties to Sneaky Petes. I really want to see if they cut them off!

lapshoffman 02-24-2011 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Nabou (Post 3221500)
I think all the guys (well, gals too if they want) should wear ties to Sneaky Petes. I really want to see if they cut them off!

They really do!

Gil-galad 02-25-2011 11:50 AM

In case you were wondering, we are still ON for tomorrow. Whatever snow is in the forecast does not look prohibitive.

Bill and Nancy from CR (and their DS/B JCW Cabrio) plan to come too. That's a total of 19 MINIs at last count. :thumbsup:

Motor safely!

MariaChick 02-25-2011 01:11 PM

MINI PEOPLE, ARE JUST LIKE THE POSTMAN:thumbsup: CANT WAIT TO SEE THE NEW AND OLD MINI'S

Gil-galad 02-26-2011 07:06 PM

It was great seeing everyone today! Glad the weather cooperated for the most part. Really a great turnout for a cold February day. Who would have thunk that we'd pick Buffalo Bill's birthday for our Meet-n-Eat? :thumbsup:

Here's a batch of pictures from today for you to enjoy:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gmm57/5...7626024081591/

Thanks to MariaChick and densan57 for the recommendations for places to eat and visit today. All great fun. Thanks also to Smokin' Jo for locating the car wash -- he knows how bad I need those.

Hope to see you again soon -- on a warmer and dryer day!

densan57 02-26-2011 07:45 PM

We had a great time as usual. MINI people are the best! The photos are wonderful. Thanks for everything.:thumbsup: