Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Is anyone working on a ram air intake setup

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 07:33 PM
CharlesT
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question to anyone. In my quest to determine which and what intake system I want to upgrade my Mini Cooper S to, I've got a question. Taking knowledge from road racing motorcycles, using a ram air intake system can produce greater results in increasing cold air intake and hp than most aftermarket intakes using the stock locations in autos. And knowing that this same principle has been used in the automotive world for some time, I was wondering if anyone knew of anyone building a similiar system for the Mini.

Also, if anyone has discussion as to why this wouldn't be possible or worthwhile on a Mini please let me know. I've only looked under the bonnet briefly and can see that such a system could be tricky in running the air duct but it might be worth the effort.

Old 02-05-2003, 07:48 PM
RandyBMC
Temporarily Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
>>Question to anyone. In my quest to determine which and what intake system I want to upgrade my Mini Cooper S to, I've got a question. Taking knowledge from road racing motorcycles, using a ram air intake system can produce greater results in increasing cold air intake and hp than most aftermarket intakes using the stock locations in autos. And knowing that this same principle has been used in the automotive world for some time, I was wondering if anyone knew of anyone building a similiar system for the Mini.
>>
>>Also, if anyone has discussion as to why this wouldn't be possible or worthwhile on a Mini please let me know. I've only looked under the bonnet briefly and can see that such a system could be tricky in running the air duct but it might be worth the effort.
>>
>>

Charles,

Yes. I'm working on it, but don't want ot tell the world about the idea just yet. It will be an entire intake system.

Randy

ps: If you have any specific questions, feel free to e-mail me at randy@mini-motorsport.com