Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Randy Webb's new exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 06:04 AM
SpiderX
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Randy Webb's new exhaust

is going on my car this week. This system is in "beta" and the numbers are outrageous. Randy posted a blurb on this a few months ago.....check it out.

Old 10-26-2005, 06:08 AM
mdsbrain
OVERDRIVE
Its for the MCS right? Maybe you just clicked the wrong forum area

Old 10-26-2005, 06:09 AM
sndwave
Coordinator :: Gulf Coast & Panhandle MINIs
Got a link or should I just go to his site and look around?

Old 10-26-2005, 06:17 AM
SpiderX
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mdsbrain
Its for the MCS right? Maybe you just clicked the wrong forum area
OOPS...I have not had my fill of coffee this morning.....it is for the MCS

Old 10-26-2005, 06:19 AM
SpiderX
6th Gear
Originally Posted by sndwave
Got a link or should I just go to his site and look around?
I found it at "what's new at Webb Motor Sports?" as one of Randy's posts.

If you can't find it (maybe post it) I'll look around for it....... I should have planned better.......need more coffee.

Old 10-26-2005, 06:32 AM
golden_child
Coordinator :: Capital Area MINI Modders
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's the link

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...t=webb+exhaust

I can't wait to hear more. Randy was talking to me about it at the last pulley party.

Old 10-26-2005, 06:44 AM
SpiderX
6th Gear
Originally Posted by golden_child
Here's the link

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...t=webb+exhaust

I can't wait to hear more. Randy was talking to me about it at the last pulley party.
Thanks for finding/posting the link. I will say this that Randy does not want to post the numbers because he is afraid no one will believe it. I'm really looking forward to this.

Old 10-26-2005, 06:53 AM
sndwave
Coordinator :: Gulf Coast & Panhandle MINIs
Thanks for the link. Neat stuff.

Old 10-26-2005, 09:06 AM
benthevegan
3rd Gear
I'm so glad someone brought this up. I saw that update a little while ago but then I never heard anything else about it: it wasn't on Webbs site and I did a search for it on NAM and nothing came up . My MINI is still pretty new but one of the first thing I wanted to do was get a cat back. I was(and still am) driving my self crazy trying to decide between miltek, borla and magnaflow because I didn't think that the Webb exhaust was acually ever going to happen. I really want to hear more about this system. How is the sound? Is it louder like borla and magnaflow or more reserved like miltek? What are the numbers? I know you said Randy doesn't want to post it because no one will believe him but I promise I won't think your lieing.

Old 10-26-2005, 11:16 AM
62Lincoln
5th Gear
Spider, next time you talk to Randy, would you please ask him to update us on the Larini header mentioned in the link given above? Please share the info on your results once you get them (if it's cool to do so).

Old 10-26-2005, 11:20 AM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts
Oh crap...this little Mini is one hellabig money pit

Old 10-26-2005, 11:24 AM
fishey72
5th Gear
Yes I have been waiting for more information on this a whole new approach to the exhuast for us. I guess the new Corvette Z06 has something similar?!?

Old 10-26-2005, 11:27 AM
Kellzir
4th Gear
Wonder how much it is going to cost.

Old 10-26-2005, 11:27 AM
golden_child
Coordinator :: Capital Area MINI Modders
I just hope Randy makes enough for all of us

Old 10-26-2005, 11:31 AM
JeffS
5th Gear
Originally Posted by SpiderX
is going on my car this week. This system is in "beta" and the numbers are outrageous. Randy posted a blurb on this a few months ago.....check it out.
no pictures, no specs, no feedback, no point?

I guess it's a slow day at work

Old 10-26-2005, 05:29 PM
SpiderX
6th Gear
Originally Posted by JeffS
no pictures, no specs, no feedback, no point?

I guess it's a slow day at work
What can I say...I'm a tease......

Old 10-26-2005, 08:37 PM
F15EWeapon
5th Gear
strictly rumour...

A little bird told me price might fall around $880+

this bird also mentioned the "possibility" that power could be in the realm of 10+ hp OVER the Magnaflow with the butterfly open... 7 hp more than the 'flow with it closed...

Again.. strictly rumour ppl... I'm also very anxious to hear Randy's figures on the production piece when it's done.

Ahh, love that gossip.

Old 10-26-2005, 08:56 PM
skuzy
5th Gear
thats bloody heaps for a catback only. i was hoping it would be cheaper than the others.. oh well i guess u have to make a profit somehow.!

how much would headers cost then?!

Old 10-26-2005, 09:28 PM
benthevegan
3rd Gear
Does anyone have any idea what the tips are going to look like? Will they be like the ones in the photo or are those just the tips for the "prototype". It would be so sweet if the tips had the Webb Motorsports logo ingraved on them.

Old 10-26-2005, 09:55 PM
AZMCS
6th Gear
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Let' s put the horse in front of the cart again gentlemen and ladies.

I am all for Randy's system, if it delivers. I for one am waiting to see what he can show before I buy anything. And believe me, I have had that Milltek Catback in my cart at several tuner websites and have not pulled the trigger just thinking about getting my hands on Randy's system.

But how can we be focusing on exhasut tips and numbers before seeing an actual picture?? Being in the prototype stage with some car products in the past that are way simpler than an exhaust, I can say the from "beta" to production can be a long road.

Let's just hope I can be patient, as can we all, for the real numbers, the real pictures, and the real deal.

Joel

Old 10-26-2005, 09:56 PM
skuzy
5th Gear
Originally Posted by jfunkmd
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Let' s put the horse in front of the cart again gentlemen and ladies.

I am all for Randy's system, if it delivers. I for one am waiting to see what he can show before I buy anything. And believe me, I have had that Milltek Catback in my cart at several tuner websites and have not pulled the trigger just thinking about getting my hands on Randy's system.

But how can we be focusing on exhasut tips and numbers before seeing an actual picture?? Being in the prototype stage with some car products in the past that are way simpler than an exhaust, I can say the from "beta" to production can be a long road.

Let's just hope I can be patient, as can we all, for the real numbers, the real pictures, and the real deal.

Joel
ur lucky u still can make the decison.. ive already made the 'click' ( and one too many) and have the miltek fitted.. and now this comes out..

Old 10-26-2005, 10:08 PM
BMDoubleU
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by skuzy
ur lucky u still can make the decison.. ive already made the 'click' ( and one too many) and have the miltek fitted.. and now this comes out..
you'll be ok.. just get A HEADER with your miltek...(you'll love it)

Old 10-26-2005, 10:36 PM
TheBlackBrian
4th Gear
Hey guys, I just found this thread. To give you some kind of update:

-We received word from our manufacturer today that the second prototype will be done tomorrow.
- The original prototype muffler was way to loud, and we had some hanger problems.
- The tips will be an angled cut, with the angle running towards the ground. Like the super sprint except straight, not curved up.
- I can’t say the power gains yet since we are not on the final production piece, but you guys WILL like it.
- As for the price, expect up above the Milltek. If your thinking this is expensive, just wait till you see the quality. Even the prototype is immaculate!
- Our goal is to have it available before Christmas. Let’s hope we can stay on track!

Hope this helps!

-Brian

Old 10-26-2005, 11:02 PM
skuzy
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Brian@WebbMotorsports

-We received word from our manufacturer today that the second prototype will be done tomorrow.
- The original prototype muffler was way to loud, and we had some hanger problems.
- The tips will be an angled cut, with the angle running towards the ground. Like the super sprint except straight, not curved up.
- I can’t say the power gains yet since we are not on the final production piece, but you guys WILL like it.
- As for the price, expect up above the Milltek. If your thinking this is expensive, just wait till you see the quality. Even the prototype is immaculate!
- Our goal is to have it available before Christmas. Let’s hope we can stay on track!

Hope this helps!

-Brian
Well at least i know forsure this is WAY out of my budget. i mean $880+!!.. for a catback only.. personally thats just too much for any exhaust no matter how good it is. But iam looking forward to seeing the final outcome of this.. its all very exciting regardless!

Old 10-27-2005, 05:03 AM
SpiderX
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Brian@WebbMotorsports

Hope this helps!

-Brian
Hi Brian,

I'm glad you posted........ I may have started something I should not have

All,

I have a Miltek now with the header and I am very satisfied..... the system sounds great and seems to be doing very nicely....... this was just a unique opportunity...... the price is at the high end but if the numbers bear out then the $ per hp increase is a deal.

I will have the car on Monday and then the fun begins

Quick Reply: Drivetrain Randy Webb's new exhaust