Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Getrag AWD/4WD test report

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 06:47 PM
W3IWI
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getrag AWD/4WD test report

You might want to look at Gabe's Motoringfile at the article on Getrag's testing of AWD on MCS. The article on Gabe's site can be seen here.

If any of you want a copy of the Getrag 42 slide PDF presentation, I put a copy on my personal FTP site here. When you look at the presentation, it appears that
  • the Greek letter mu "µ" is a measure of grip or friction,
  • Trackster is the name for Getrag's "intelligent" LSD, and
  • Twinster is their RWD-biased, intelligent AWD system.
I WANT ONE! NOW!

BTW -- I still have the German technical report on the MCS engine available here (German Text + Figures) and here (text in English) for anyone who is interested.

Old 06-29-2005, 07:07 PM
Gabe
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by W3IWI

If any of you want a copy of the Getrag 42 slide PDF presentation, I put a copy on my personal FTP site here.
Thanks for mirroring the file! BTW that MCS engine info is a great blast from the past. Someone sent that to me a couple of years ago and I for some reason neglected to ever post it on MotoringFile. I may have to write something about it next week. It's really a great read.

Old 06-29-2005, 08:08 PM
W3IWI
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad to help, Gabe.

If you want to pull the two MCS engine PDFs to your site, feel free. I'm just playing my role as a packrat who collects such goodies

Old 06-29-2005, 08:17 PM
Gabe
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by W3IWI
Glad to help, Gabe. If you want to pull the two MCS engine PDFs to your site, feel free. I'm just playing my role as a packrat who collects such goodies
Actually I recieved it via email a few years ago... so I already have a copy. Thanks for the offer though!