Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Clutch Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 07:07 AM
sammcdade
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Clutch Upgrade

I was very surprised that I could not find anyone talking about this topic, but I need some advice. I recently got the Manic Stage 2 tune. If I don't downshift in certain scenarios, my clutch can't handle the significant increase in torque/boost and is slipping. My car has almost 60,000 miles so it makes sense that the clutch needs replacement because of the way i've driven it.

I'm thinking about upgrading the clutch, but I definitely don't want to pay $700 for a track ready clutch. I like how the stock clutch has always felt, so i'm kinda scared to drop money on something I end up not liking. Do you guys have any suggestions for what I should go with? How difficult is the mod to DIY?

Old 10-01-2017, 05:24 AM
MRH74
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm curious about this too, once i think i´ll need to upgrade mine soon!

Regards.

Old 10-01-2017, 07:20 AM
bcriverjunky
4th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
When I put bigger exhaust on the slipping went away.... Went from factory JCW complete exhaust to CNT with a Vibrant resonator. Couldn't believe it. No more slipping in 5-6 gears

Old 10-01-2017, 11:58 AM
JPMM
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by bcriverjunky
When I put bigger exhaust on the slipping went away.... Went from factory JCW complete exhaust to CNT with a Vibrant resonator. Couldn't believe it. No more slipping in 5-6 gears

you must have lost some torque somewhere ?

Old 10-04-2017, 04:41 PM
bcriverjunky
4th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by JPMM
you must have lost some torque somewhere ?
Been thinking about this and maybe your right. Car runs great no codes and I have almost 20,000 miles with the tune. I'm at 70,000 now. Any ideas on what I should be looking for?