Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Question for Alta Intake Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 10:40 AM
Asher Curri
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question for Alta Intake Owners

Hello anyone whos reading this. I'm new to the forum and pretty new to mini modding (modding in general). So this might be a stupid question.
I want to mod my car, but I don't want it to look modded. So my question is, what part of the Alta CAI (or any cai really) causes the supercharger to whine louder? Does the open box do anything or does it just look cool? I'm wondering if I can buy just the alta foam filter and get a little more supercharger noise? I've also heard that the only difference between the automatic intake and the manual intake is the inlet tubes. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
Thanks for viewing and replying!

Old 04-24-2017, 01:02 PM
Saltysalt
6th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
the factory box has resonators built in, and then its enclosed keeping the sound inside... THEN the cowling is in the way, alta box removes all of this

Old 04-24-2017, 01:22 PM
Asher Curri
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Saltysalt
the factory box has resonators built in, and then its enclosed keeping the sound inside... THEN the cowling is in the way, alta box removes all of this
Ok that makes sense. Thanks for the reply!