Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain 04 Cooper S engine mount torn. Replacement options?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 08:35 PM
Johnny248
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 Cooper S engine mount torn. Replacement options?

Hello again!

This is my second post regarding the '04 S JCW we just got. There are a few things I've seen that need attention on the little car. One is this engine mount. It is on the passenger side , up top, at the rear. I can see that it is torn so I wanted to replace it. I was just wondering if someone makes a polyurethane version or inserts for this? Or if I should just get a standard replacement. I've found what appears to be an aftermarket mount on eBay, as well as one that is a "Hutchinson" and says it is OEM. Is this something that I would be OK with saving $20 for the aftermarket part?

Sorry for my ignorance, but this is our first Mini, and I'm not used to European, UK, or BMW (whatever you may classify this car as). I just want to get it up and running as well as possible and for it to be reliable to drive. I don't mind fixing these little issues with it. It is a 13 year old car , so these things are expected. I am just looking for a little guidance from all of you out there with much more experience with these cars than what I have.

Thanks for your help!