Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Misc. Parts for Supercharger\Water Replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 07:44 AM
AlbertCL
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Misc. Parts for Supercharger\Water Replacement?

Hi, a questions for those of you who have swapped out your supercharger and water pump:

1. Are there any miscellaneous parts needed that are easy to overlook?
I will be purchasing a supercharger, water pump, belt and pulley. Do I need an additional gasket to connect SC to pump, etc? I'm aware that I will need the belt tensioning tool and puller for pulley.

2. Did you use anti seize or thread lock? If so, what kind?

Albert

Old 01-15-2017, 06:17 PM
AlbertCL
Neutral
Hey everybody, I'm attempting the swap out this coming weekend. I'm still looking for feedback regarding what type of anti-seize is recommended. Please let me know.

Albert

Old 01-15-2017, 06:35 PM
*CharlieHustle
1st Gear
Originally Posted by AlbertCL
Hi, a questions for those of you who have swapped out your supercharger and water pump:

1. Are there any miscellaneous parts needed that are easy to overlook?
I will be purchasing a supercharger, water pump, belt and pulley. Do I need an additional gasket to connect SC to pump, etc? I'm aware that I will need the belt tensioning tool and puller for pulley.

2. Did you use anti seize or thread lock? If so, what kind?

Albert
When I changed out my water pump and serviced my supercharger, I also purchased the water pump flange that bolts to the block, intake to supercharger gasket, throttle body gasket, water pump outlet to pipe hose, and the supercharger to intercooler outlet gasket.

I dont recall using anti seize or thread lock anywhere when putting everything back together.

Old 01-15-2017, 06:41 PM
AlbertCL
Neutral
Originally Posted by *CharlieHustle
When I changed out my water pump and serviced my supercharger, I also purchased the water pump flange that bolts to the block, intake to supercharger gasket, throttle body gasket, water pump outlet to pipe hose, and the supercharger to intercooler outlet gasket.

I dont recall using anti seize or thread lock anywhere when putting everything back together.
Thanks for the info. I have everything you mentioned on order except for the throttle body gasket. Is that necessary?

Old 01-15-2017, 07:12 PM
*CharlieHustle
1st Gear
Originally Posted by AlbertCL
Thanks for the info. I have everything you mentioned on order except for the throttle body gasket. Is that necessary?
For the cost of the gasket, I went ahead and replaced it since the throttle body was removed from the car. I have 143k miles on my R53 so I wasn't sure if the original gasket would seal when it came time for reassembly. You might get away with re-using the old gasket, but it's suggested to replace it once you've broken the original seal.

Old 01-15-2017, 07:13 PM
AlbertCL
Neutral
Originally Posted by *CharlieHustle
For the cost of the gasket, I went ahead and replaced it since the throttle body was removed from the car. I have 143k miles on my R53 so I wasn't sure if the original gasket would seal when it came time for reassembly. You might get away with re-using the old gasket, but it's suggested to replace it once you've broken the original seal.
I went ahead and purchased one. Thank you.