Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Battle/DNA Tune Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 04:22 PM
Agbullet25
5th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Systemlord

Raising the cylinder temperatures would definitely keep carbon at bay, but it's bad for the engine especially the valves, wouldn't want a burned valve to lose a small chunk around the edge.
Exactly! I can keep carbon at bay also by driving it like I stole it too, so that's my plan lol.

Old 12-07-2014, 04:23 PM
MarioKart
Vendor
Received 115 Likes on 93 Posts
Doing some more testing today and was seeing motor temps between 182F-195F. The 195F was after several long 4th gear pulls, in a row.

mQuebed Manic Tuning Dealer

2013 GP2 #295, 270whp/310wtq, KO4 47mm Turbo, 18" NM Wheels, Alta intake, Manic Stage III+, HFS-3 Meth, 30% E85 Blend, Forged IC, Alta Hot Pipe, P&P/Ceramic Exhaust Manifold, m3 Extreme Ceramic DP, Vibrant mid res, 4" Double walled Tips, WMW/KW V3 CO, Alta Rear CA, CREE Fogs, Black out F/R Rings and Gas Cap, M7 CF Front Splitter, and No Stickers. MORE TO COME!! Previous 04Triple Black 17% Alta, MM Air/H2O, CAI, OBX Header, FBT Head, Shrick Cam, 234whp
Old 01-23-2015, 09:47 AM
BattleTuning
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been told MINI has been testing 18 Challenge cars running N18s.

Tuning is coming for the N18 this year...

Old 01-23-2015, 09:49 AM
Grizld700
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Woohoo!

Old 01-23-2015, 10:43 AM
ridinDirty
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
That's great , what about the N14 stage 4 ? Does DNA have plans on supporting the N14 with bigger turbo's ? Did you finish rafrantic stage 4 ? Do we have dyno pulls ?? seams like this is in deflating ..... I have a bigger turbo sitting in a box waiting...........

Old 01-26-2015, 11:22 AM
ra2fanatic
6th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I have my Stage4 but I've been waaaaay too busy to get to a dyno. I've had other problems to take care of and even though I've done a few things since my Stage4 tune, I just don't have that kind of time to hit the dyno. No time during the week to go when you're working 9 to 9 and weekends I'm with the wife because she definitely isn't getting the attention she deserves.

So needless to say, as much as I'm curious what power I'm putting down with Stage4, I really don't have anything new to report on my end because I just have different priorities when it comes to my tune. I'm just glad this motor hasn't blown up :D

Old 01-27-2015, 09:16 AM
ridinDirty
4th Gear
Oh I understand not having time to do the things we want to do. Smart man putting the other half in the right priority as well....lolol

So are you the ONLY one DNA is doing stage 4 with ?

Old 01-27-2015, 09:53 AM
ra2fanatic
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ridinDirty
Oh I understand not having time to do the things we want to do. Smart man putting the other half in the right priority as well....lolol

So are you the ONLY one DNA is doing stage 4 with ?
I'm not sure, but I did meet someone this past weekend and he did have a Stage4 tune. Pretty damn good considering it was on a JCW too compared to just my S.

Old 01-27-2015, 09:58 AM
Grizld700
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ra2fanatic
...compared to just my S.
How much just S is left really though

Old 01-27-2015, 10:02 AM
ra2fanatic
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Grizld700
Can't really say since I haven't dyno'd and he hasn't dyno'd either sadly.

I have a buddy of mine down in LA who has a JCW and he'll be getting a new K03 hybrid soon, so I'm trying to convince him to get a Stage4, I'm sure I can compare after we dyno together or something. But we'll see. I haven't had a day off, besides holidays (which aren't days off anyways), so I've been on a grind for a loooong time now...

Old 01-27-2015, 10:21 AM
'10JCW
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to snipe the thread, but seeing as how Ian no longer a BT customer, I absolutely will miss the top rate support and top quality products. If you are on the fence about a tune look no further than BattleTuning. On that note, if you do decide to purchase a tune, I have a PowerGate III OBD tuner (used for BattleTuning) that is significantly cheaper than new and can be used to tune your car. Motor on guys and trust me this is an A++ company.

Old 01-27-2015, 11:35 AM
Tigger2011
Alliance Member
Received 214 Likes on 151 Posts
My money is on that little plastic thingy that goes in the cigarette lighter lol.

Old 01-27-2015, 11:55 AM
Grizld700
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Tigger2011
My money is on that little plastic thingy that goes in the cigarette lighter lol.
This is what I was thinking

Old 01-29-2015, 10:09 AM
kaymartz
1st Gear
last dyno pull i did on my mini (just an S hahaha) i got some decent numbers...still some fine tuning to do but im satisfied with it.

220 whp / 239 tq

Old 01-29-2015, 11:20 AM
Grizld700
6th Gear
Those are some really good numbers for a S! If you figure 15% drivetrain loss thats close to 260hp to the crank!

of course a Dyno sheet is always appreciated

Old 01-30-2015, 04:40 AM
kaymartz
1st Gear
Those are some really good numbers for a S! If you figure 15% drivetrain loss thats close to 260hp to the crank!

of course a Dyno sheet is always appreciated
I owe u the dyno sheet since they only gave me the data file and I have no way to open it. But, as soon as I go agian, which will be pretty soon due to some new parts coming in, I will get that to you guys. Im pretty pumped in the way the mini is performing...absolutely LOVE my 4th gear. It just pulls and keeps going and going and going and going hahaha

Old 05-26-2015, 07:11 PM
ridinDirty
4th Gear
Has anyone data logged or watched their timing during high boost ? Mine just sits around 0 or sometimes creaps to 1 or 2 ??
also my AFR is 10.2 .

I was going back and fourth with John today to see if he could make a change to my tune to correct this and I guess his day ended at work cause the emails stopped. He had mentioned doing a log file using the powergate and my last email to him was what kind of pulls did he want ( cruse,1-4 gear or just a 4th gear pull) but the emails stopped. Has anyone sent him log files before and could tell me what pulls to log so he will have them in the morning ?

Old 06-01-2015, 12:59 PM
oldbrokenwind
6th Gear
Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts
I'm getting a variation from 6.75 to 9.75 in 2nd on an AP datalog. It's dated Apr 2013, but still using the same map (custom, not a stage #).

My 1st gear pull was too short to get any meaningful data but it looks similar, and this log didn't have any more pulls --- can't remember why I was collecting the data.

I can't figure out how to send attachments via NAM email or PM, so if you want to review the datalog, PM me your email --- I know how to send it that way.

Last edited by oldbrokenwind; 06-01-2015 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Stupidity
Old 09-28-2015, 07:41 AM
ridinDirty
4th Gear
Well on 7/15 I had to send my powergate controller back across the pond due to my dealer upgrading my ECU for headlight retro upgrade. My DNA would not recognize the new ecu number ......
Well after 6 weeks are so I was told that Italy shuts down for the summer and no shipping was done. I guess ups and FedEx just stack boxes in the corner till the summer is over ??
So 3 months later and still no powergate controller and no tune.

THANK YOU MANIC ,I have been enjoying my manic 2+ for awhile now , I went with manic mostly cause they offer a true 3+ for aftermarket bigger turbos, seams like the only aftermarket bigger turbo they have done is rafrantic and with no updates on dyno or butt performance ( plenty of wheels, body parts,clear bra updates) it leaves me to believe there is not option in this field.
The forum has died, no one logging files, no updates , lame customer support

HEY DNA , KEEP YOUR FU@cking powergate

Old 09-28-2015, 08:27 AM
ltjpunk7
4th Gear
Well on 7/15 I had to send my powergate controller back across the pond due to my dealer upgrading my ECU for headlight retro upgrade. My DNA would not recognize the new ecu number ......
Well after 6 weeks are so I was told that Italy shuts down for the summer and no shipping was done. I guess ups and FedEx just stack boxes in the corner till the summer is over ??
So 3 months later and still no powergate controller and no tune.

THANK YOU MANIC ,I have been enjoying my manic 2+ for awhile now , I went with manic mostly cause they offer a true 3+ for aftermarket bigger turbos, seams like the only aftermarket bigger turbo they have done is rafrantic and with no updates on dyno or butt performance ( plenty of wheels, body parts,clear bra updates) it leaves me to believe there is not option in this field.

Would have to disagree with you on customer support. The guys at Battle Tuning have been working with me over the last few months with new tunes anytime I make changes in my setup. I'm more than happy with results. Talked to them most recently about 2 days ago.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:54 AM
ridinDirty
4th Gear
Oh I got updated tunes, I sent log files and got an email back the next day.....

I'm complaining about the fact it's been 3 months with no returned powrgate, I would still have a stock tune if I hadn't shelled out more money for another tune from another company ....

Would you be happy if you had to ride stock tune for 3 months after you paid for a DNA tune ????

Old 09-28-2015, 08:59 AM
ltjpunk7
4th Gear
Oh I got updated tunes, I sent log files and got an email back the next day.....

I'm complaining about the fact it's been 3 months with no returned powrgate, I would still have a stock tune if I hadn't shelled out more money for another tune from another company ....

Would you be happy if you had to ride stock tune for 3 months after you paid for a DNA tune ????
Gotcha. No, no I would not. That sucks.

Old 09-28-2015, 10:06 AM
ridinDirty
4th Gear
It's all good , live and learn...lol

Going to miss getting email for updating tunes but oh well, at least I'm riding with a tune. Lol

Old 09-29-2015, 02:47 AM
scubbysnacks
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
seams like the only aftermarket bigger turbo they have done is rafrantic and with no updates on dyno or butt performance ( plenty of wheels, body parts,clear bra updates)

That pretty much sums it up right there.

This is actually true. Had a stop over in Rome while on holiday and in summer they just leave you see cars parked on the sides of the road covered in dust with flats tyres

Haven't been on this site for a while does anyone know how Sprintcars is going with his tuning after him build? He's using MANIC as well.

Old 09-29-2015, 01:02 PM
Agbullet25
5th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
seams like the only aftermarket bigger turbo they have done is rafrantic and with no updates on dyno or butt performance ( plenty of wheels, body parts,clear bra updates) it leaves me to believe there is not option in this field.

Right, so a guy busting his *** at his job to be able to afford those modifications doesn't have spare time to get to the dyno when you want so you can see what's going on, it makes it a bad product?

Did you ever check with Battle Tuning to see if they've had issues with getting in touch with DNA themselves, since being their only USA distributor you'd figure they'd have a lot of contact with the operations overseas.

I get it's frustrating, but I don't appreciate someone bashing someone else or a company all because there isn't enough patience in the world today or things aren't happening on your schedule. Is three weeks long? Yes. Did you happen to catch them at a bad time? Also yes. It's not DNA's fault that they have a different culture of summer compared to us.

Quick Reply: Drivetrain Battle/DNA Tune Thread