Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Thanks to way motor works for fast shipping

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 07:44 PM
d454brisson
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks to way motor works for fast shipping

Ordered a Invidia exhaust sunday and it showed up Tues morn. Just finished putting it on the car and other than breaking a clamp bolt with an air gun (my fault) I am extremely pleased.

I used some of the posts from this forum to help fitment, although I think the tips are a bit close to the plastic. I may drop the hangers with spacers or try to put some reflective shielding on bottom out of view.

I am waiting on a panel filter and stiffer blow off valve spring from Alta. After that I am not sure what I will do next.

2010 Mini cooper S camden edition

Old 10-29-2013, 08:01 PM
maxmini
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by d454brisson
Ordered a Invidia exhaust sunday and it showed up Tues morn. Just finished putting it on the car and other than breaking a clamp bolt with an air gun (my fault) I am extremely pleased.

I used some of the posts from this forum to help fitment, although I think the tips are a bit close to the plastic. I may drop the hangers with spacers or try to put some reflective shielding on bottom out of view.

I am waiting on a panel filter and stiffer blow off valve spring from Alta. After that I am not sure what I will do next.

You are correct. I went by my local install shop on Sat and a friend of mine was replacing the rear plastic and modifying the mounts for clearance .

Randy

Old 10-29-2013, 08:10 PM
Melangell
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had a small extension welded on:

Way is great to work with.

Old 10-29-2013, 08:46 PM
maxmini
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Melangell
I had a small extension welded on:

Way is great to work with.
That should do the trick. You have to wonder what Invidia were thinking when they signed off on the design.

Way knows his stuff.

Randy

Old 10-30-2013, 08:04 AM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 757 Likes on 618 Posts
Originally Posted by d454brisson

Thanks we ship as fast as we can, next time give us a call about the other parts as we can help you out there too. We don't use those panel filters as we've had too many issues with the oil damaging the expensive MASS sensor. We only recommend the Dry Panel Filters.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 10-30-2013, 09:18 AM
NewCooperFanatic
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The tips do sit close to the rear trim, but I can say 30k miles and no melting or discoloring whatsoever. Just rotate the center pipe to get the tips centered.

It took me a fair bit of fiddling but I finally got it dead center!

Old 10-30-2013, 05:22 PM
d454brisson
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the filter info, I will be contacting you shortly for proabbaly a turbo upgrade ie JCW version or the like and ECU tune to support it as I do more research on whats possible and fairly motor safe.

Regards.

D.Brisson