Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Twincharged MCS

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 11:23 AM
dhayashi
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sweet Jan ,

Can't wait till you bust the 300hp wall - when are you planning on the next run? If you're planning on doing it between Christmas and the New Year - I'll like to be there to shoot some video

Merry Christmas Everyone

-Daiyu

Old 12-24-2004, 11:31 AM
El Diablito Rojo-N20Mini
Banned
Originally Posted by dhayashi
Sweet Jan ,

Can't wait till you bust the 300hp wall - when are you planning on the next run? If you're planning on doing it between Christmas and the New Year - I'll like to be there to shoot some video

Merry Christmas Everyone

-Daiyu
January 29th will be the next run..... you are invited to shoot it
hubie shot some last night and will post them to his server when he gets back.....

Old 12-28-2004, 07:21 PM
Fireballed Hubie
Former Vendor
El diablito Dyno

Big thanks to Kris at Dynamic Racing Solutions for letting us dyno the Mini on short notice. Great facility, great guys www.racesolutions.com

Video of the little "beast" on the dyno!

http://spipowerexcel.com/newimages/el_diablito_dyno.wmv

Much more to come......

Old 12-28-2004, 07:44 PM
onasled
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
....... ouch .......

Old 12-28-2004, 09:47 PM
minimc
5th Gear
Keep it coming!

Looking good el diablito!

Impressive numbers. Let us know when your boost controller is up to snuff. ...Also, how long before the new pistons are in?

You guys on the bleeding edge have all the fun! ...Nice to be first kid on the block again eh?

Old 12-28-2004, 11:31 PM
El Diablito Rojo-N20Mini
Banned
Originally Posted by minimc
Looking good el diablito!

Impressive numbers. Let us know when your boost controller is up to snuff. ...Also, how long before the new pistons are in?

You guys on the bleeding edge have all the fun! ...Nice to be first kid on the block again eh?

no rest till diablito breaks 300whp..... soon my friend... soon

Old 12-28-2004, 11:40 PM
Ginge
1st Gear
Nice video! That dump valve is seriously loud

When you crack 300WHP can we have some on the road vids and drive bys please :smile:

Old 12-29-2004, 05:44 AM
jlm
6th Gear
Eric and I are the only ones to have driven both the PSI and SPI twinchargers. eat your hearts out.

they both go faster than my rig

Old 12-29-2004, 02:24 PM
Showvan
1st Gear
Any idea what the 0-60 time is or 1/4 time. would love to know , even if it is ball park??

Mr. El D did you back to the stock pulley for these runs ???

On The Edge

Old 12-29-2004, 04:32 PM
El Diablito Rojo-N20Mini
Banned
Originally Posted by Showvan
Any idea what the 0-60 time is or 1/4 time. would love to know , even if it is ball park??

Mr. El D did you back to the stock pulley for these runs ???

On The Edge
stock pulley was used......

Old 12-31-2004, 08:18 PM
dominicminicoopers
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Today I got to meet Hubie and take an up close and personal look at the twin-charge set-up. Although I am not a gear-head, during lunch I got to listen to Hubie and Kasey talk tech to me and my friends about the turbo technology and some of the latest trends in the MINI aftermarket.

I was very impressed with Hubie's professionalism and great business sense. He has a great head on his shoulders and appears to be doing things the right way.

After lunch, and another question and answer session in the parking lot, we went motored over the dealership to show the car to one of the sales people we knew would be quite interested in the car. While parked in the lost, some very interested MINI mechanics and BMW sales people huddled around the car asking questions. Although we missed the guy we had originally went there to show it to, I had a chance to get behind the wheel and experience first hand the power of a turbo.

Honestly I was a little "scared" to drive the car for a couple of reasons. One, was that I knew the power might become addictive, and the other was the rock solid suspension. I figured I'd need a chiropractor once done with a ride. I mean this car was slammed to the ground. Hubie said he raised the suspension up a bit since the Las Vegas show where it was even lower. I can't remember seeing any MINI lower that where his was today.

However, once we got out of the dealership's parking lot and onto the road, I felt VERY comfortable in his MCST (yes, T for Twin-charged...or does it mean Turbo...kind of like the S in MCS, does it mean Sport, Supercharged, or Special...hehe). The ride quality was MUCH better than I thought it would be. However, that wasn't what was on my mind while driving. What I wanted to feel was 300 HP. And that I did! I noticed that there wasn't any wheelspin (must be pretty good rubber he has on there) when punching it while already in motion.

What threw me about his car was the way there was very little give in the suspension. Usually with acceleration I'm used to the car "squatting", but not with his. It's that psychological aspect of power. However, once the car was going and we were in 3rd gear I easily felt the additional HP that was there. What a difference it makes. Sure, we're talking addiction level of difference.

So yes, only one of my two fears was realized. I'm not sure how long it will be until I hawk everything I own to get one of these systems for my MCS. And yes, it's clearly the next frontier.

Old 12-31-2004, 10:11 PM
maxyboy
1st Gear
Is Helix going to post the dyno results(SAE)?...I'm aware of the SPI data.

Like suggested before...I'm sure many would like to see a SPI / Helix Dyno shoot off and put the goods on the table, fair and square.

Old 01-01-2005, 09:11 AM
El Diablito Rojo-N20Mini
Banned
Originally Posted by dominicminicoopers
Today I got to meet Hubie and take an up close and personal look at the twin-charge set-up. Although I am not a gear-head, during lunch I got to listen to Hubie and Kasey talk tech to me and my friends about the turbo technology and some of the latest trends in the MINI aftermarket.

I was very impressed with Hubie's professionalism and great business sense. He has a great head on his shoulders and appears to be doing things the right way.

After lunch, and another question and answer session in the parking lot, we went motored over the dealership to show the car to one of the sales people we knew would be quite interested in the car. While parked in the lost, some very interested MINI mechanics and BMW sales people huddled around the car asking questions. Although we missed the guy we had originally went there to show it to, I had a chance to get behind the wheel and experience first hand the power of a turbo.

Honestly I was a little "scared" to drive the car for a couple of reasons. One, was that I knew the power might become addictive, and the other was the rock solid suspension. I figured I'd need a chiropractor once done with a ride. I mean this car was slammed to the ground. Hubie said he raised the suspension up a bit since the Las Vegas show where it was even lower. I can't remember seeing any MINI lower that where his was today.

However, once we got out of the dealership's parking lot and onto the road, I felt VERY comfortable in his MCST (yes, T for Twin-charged...or does it mean Turbo...kind of like the S in MCS, does it mean Sport, Supercharged, or Special...hehe). The ride quality was MUCH better than I thought it would be. However, that wasn't what was on my mind while driving. What I wanted to feel was 300 HP. And that I did! I noticed that there wasn't any wheelspin (must be pretty good rubber he has on there) when punching it while already in motion.

What threw me about his car was the way there was very little give in the suspension. Usually with acceleration I'm used to the car "squatting", but not with his. It's that psychological aspect of power. However, once the car was going and we were in 3rd gear I easily felt the additional HP that was there. What a difference it makes. Sure, we're talking addiction level of difference.

So yes, only one of my two fears was realized. I'm not sure how long it will be until I hawk everything I own to get one of these systems for my MCS. And yes, it's clearly the next frontier.

Watch for the Devil in town on Monday and Tuesday.....
Soon to be 2 twincharged roamin the streets of Phoenix for a couple of days

Old 01-01-2005, 09:17 AM
El Diablito Rojo-N20Mini
Banned
Originally Posted by maxyboy
Is Helix going to post the dyno results(SAE)?...I'm aware of the SPI data.

Like suggested before...I'm sure many would like to see a SPI / Helix Dyno shoot off and put the goods on the table, fair and square.
Great question..... I have posted mine

where is the beef?

Old 01-01-2005, 10:03 AM
Tüls
Turbius Maximus
Originally Posted by El Diablito Rojo-N20Mini
Hey that's GREAAAT!!!...what fun...make sure you guys get intouch with us!

Hubie it was great to meet you BTW...you Mini is great!! but you knew that

Old 01-01-2005, 02:58 PM
ditc
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ummm....

The initial dyno test was already posted. Check out Post #42 on this thread.
With some enhancements made to the car since then, I would expect another dyno run to be posted shortly.

Old 01-01-2005, 03:09 PM
Helix13mini
Former Vendor
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
We had calibration issues earlier last week, and spent Wednesday morning completely re-calibrating the dyno. Hopefully next week won't be as busy as last, and we'll get Mark's car in for some numbers.

I'm afraid that you two should probably find another, more scientific place to bench race: two different types of dynos on the opposite side of the country hardly constitutes a scientific measure of who's got the biggest--er--fastest MINI in the land. Although it's not perfect, you'd be better served running some quarter-miles and compare your terminal speed to determine power. Of course, we could always have a east-west challenge sometime this summer: we can find a central meeting spot, do dynos and some quarter miles. I'll bring the beers and lawn chairs.

The winner takes both cars

Old 01-01-2005, 03:21 PM
maxyboy
1st Gear
Now that's the spirit! Mr. [font=Arial]Hughes [/font]would be proud. :smile:

Old 01-01-2005, 06:39 PM
TheBlackBrian
4th Gear
How bout you donate one to a young MINI lover like, say, me!

Old 01-01-2005, 09:09 PM
Fireballed Hubie
Former Vendor
Making BIG horsepower is not what the SPI Twincharger Kit is about. Driveability and reliability take precedence over absolute numbers. Countless hours of research and development has culminated in a design that extracts the most power out of the factory components while operating within the "reasonable" operating limits of the Mini. Obviously, we are on the upper end of what is reasonable, and with high performance one should expect high maintanence. But the smile that you have on your face when you blast down the road makes it all worth it!

Old 01-01-2005, 09:20 PM
El Diablito Rojo-N20Mini
Banned
Originally Posted by Helix13mini
We had calibration issues earlier last week, and spent Wednesday morning completely re-calibrating the dyno. Hopefully next week won't be as busy as last, and we'll get Mark's car in for some numbers.

I'm afraid that you two should probably find another, more scientific place to bench race: two different types of dynos on the opposite side of the country hardly constitutes a scientific measure of who's got the biggest--er--fastest MINI in the land. Although it's not perfect, you'd be better served running some quarter-miles and compare your terminal speed to determine power. Of course, we could always have a east-west challenge sometime this summer: we can find a central meeting spot, do dynos and some quarter miles. I'll bring the beers and lawn chairs.

The winner takes both cars
Just curious.... recalibrating the dyno? sounds fishy to me... the car must not have made the numbers you were looking for since the last boast of PSI...sigh*** 1/4 times are largely dependent on driver as evidenced by who holds the record for Mini's. So since you already lost the dyno war when will you be delivering the first half of your car?

Old 01-02-2005, 04:07 AM
minicar3
2nd Gear
What's fiishy, it's a senstive, expensive piece of equipment, give them a little time.:smile:

Old 01-02-2005, 06:50 AM
Minifly
3rd Gear
Kill list so far:
Evo
R32
Srt-4
and many more to come
That is until he runs across a Bi-Turbo R32 Sorry dude! Anyway you still have a cool mini

Old 01-02-2005, 07:41 AM
Helix13mini
Former Vendor
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Well yes and no Rojo. The numbers were all over the place. Luckily we have the dyno calibration fixed now, so we'll get you numbers asap such that you two can continue your trash talk.

Last edited by Helix13mini; 01-02-2005 at 07:44 AM.
Old 01-02-2005, 08:04 AM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by El Diablito Rojo-N20Mini
El Diablito...your video is awesome Wish I was there with my digital camcorder so I'd have my own copy. Your Mini Rocks

Quick Reply: Drivetrain Twincharged MCS