Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Pulley Tool in Houston, Texas

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 12:00 AM
rmagdaleno
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pulley Tool in Houston, Texas

Hi!

So, I'm ashamed to say that this is my first post. For years I've scoured the pages here absorbing any bit of information that I come across. You guys have indirectly saved me time after time.

Here's the thing, I need help again, but this question hasn't been answered before.

Does anyone have a S/C pulley removal tool I could rent or borrow in the Houston area?

I have the control arm bushing and belt tool available to offer as well.

My Zoe has been out of commission since early May due to a harmonic balancer failure. It completely failed, taking out some of the other spinning bits nearby. I need to get my car back on all fours soon. She's my daily driver!

Please help!

~Rene

Zoe: 05 S / Alta CAI, Wilwood BBK, 17" TDPR 1.2 w/ 215/45ZR/17 Hankook ventus evo v12's...

...and soon ATI Super Damper and WMW 15% pulley

Old 08-25-2011, 03:38 PM
pomocanthus
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need help?

I'm in Houston area and although I dont have pulley puller I am willing to spend a weekend helping you with your replacement as long as you know what you're doing My motivation? I have an 05 S that I want to put on after market pulley and want some hands-on experience (or at least watch).

I am fairly mechanical and have done brake/rotor replacement, CAI, suspension replacement, MAF replacement, radiator replacement and a few other elecrical things on my Mini as well as my Boxster. Having said that I am an old fart (42) and am not in the best of shape so there would have to be plenty of breaks for water intake and aching back.

Let me know if you need/want the help.

Thanks,
Hung