Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain ***OFFICIAL SIGN-UP THREAD for FLASH TOOL***

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 06:49 AM
Bigjoeski08
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not trying to start anything but Jan said it's $415 direct from Italy if thats true whats the point of a group buy if it's still going to cost us $415 anyways?

Old 02-19-2010, 06:57 AM
JamesHunt
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bigjoeski08
I'm not trying to start anything but Jan said it's $415 direct from Italy if thats true whats the point of a group buy if it's still going to cost us $415 anyways?
no customs tax ,no shipping charge from italy and if you ordered direct from dimsport the chance that those italian get your shipping address correct is less than 1%

Old 02-19-2010, 07:23 AM
orangecrush
6th Gear

Cause he's selling it to Jan for 415, you don't think they're going to sell it to you for the same price, do you?

Mark

Old 02-19-2010, 07:51 AM
Bigjoeski08
4th Gear
Jan said if you bought it direct so I'm assuming there going for $415 in Italy. I'm not trying to question getting the best deal possible just was wondering if that $415 is the real price of the unit and if it's the discounted price what is the real cost.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:32 AM
orangecrush
6th Gear
Don't you guys ever call me **** again!!!

Joe, no offense but who cares?

Don't get your panties in a knot over it, when the price comes out, it comes out... geesh, does it really make a difference? 415? 385? 450?

500 bucks, I don't care... he's got the tool, I want it. If 20 bucks makes a difference one way or the other, I'll give it to you. (NO, not really... )

It is what it is....

Mark

Old 02-19-2010, 10:41 AM
mikemc
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by willsblackmini08
Is $415 the final discount price or is it going to come down more?

Put me down for one willsblackmini08 (Will Marty)-Thank You Uncle Sam!!!!
Originally Posted by Revolution Mini Works
it will come down more
there will be a special pricing involved AND I will lay it out so everyone knows exactly where they stand and why
thread page 8 # 195..

lets move on about the 'price' he will let us know when he is done i'm sure..

Old 02-19-2010, 11:25 AM
Bigjoeski08
4th Gear
Whatever.....

Old 02-19-2010, 02:39 PM
TerryTCL
2nd Gear
PLEASE ADD ME TO THE LIST

THANKS!

Old 02-19-2010, 02:47 PM
thevelourfog
5th Gear
I think the 'final' price comes down to how many people sign up for this, since Jan said we only need a few more people to get to the next break point. That being said, we should all be patient and not quibble over a few bucks. Jan's providing a great service here and if he's willing to be so generous as to sell us all these units at little to no profit, that's pretty damn good for us, especially considering how much time he's investing on our behalf. I'll still buy one if it's $400 or $450, it's worth it either way to me.

Old 02-19-2010, 03:07 PM
mikemc
3rd Gear
Geeezzz

enough about the price already! gosh for those of you that want to pay 20 or even 50 dollars more for a product and dont even know how much it is, never seen it or what it can do, then do so! but dont drive the price of something we havent even heard about, higher then what the man suppling it has set, thats just stupid and drives it higher for everyone else! i would love to have someone like that at my closing table! for those or you willing to overpay for this flash tool you have not even got yet, set up a side flash tool 'thank you' fund or just give it to the man after you bought it as a tip or something. but saying "i'll gladdly pay $50 more for this", when he is not even asking for that is crazy! shoot if it was someone other then Jan, (who i havent met yet, but have read he is fair and reasonable) they would take you yard at the end... 420, 450, why dont you just make it a cool 5bills right now for frick sake!...

...let the man breath!.. .he will set the price, lets not set it for him.. he knows what it cost lets not drive it higher and higher because we can pay more or know its a good product and want so so bad.. dang, i read this and am wondering what some people do for a living that they would just want to over pay for something on there car!... i'm excited about this flash tool too but if you want to leave him a tip, i'm sure he wouldnt mind.. i was hoping it would be it the 3's... shoot more money i save to more i can put into other mods!

Old 02-19-2010, 03:45 PM
orangecrush
6th Gear
I was just making the point that the tool price is the what the tool price is. I'm not worried about it. I know Jan will treat us right.

I felt that a few people were worrying too much about it and we don't even know how much it is.

Like I said, it is what it is... Jan will do us right.

Like Mike said... enough about the price already.

Mark

Old 02-19-2010, 03:49 PM
JamesHunt
Banned
Whatever.....
Bet you I paid less for a new JCW than what you paid for that Cooper S

Old 02-19-2010, 03:50 PM
mikemc
3rd Gear
Mark I think we are on the exact same page...

Old 02-19-2010, 03:53 PM
mikemc
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by JamesHunt
Bet you I paid less for a new JCW than what you paid for that Cooper S
james your input has always caught my curiosity.. I'll bite (even though this was not directed to me), how much did you pay for your JCW?

Old 02-19-2010, 03:59 PM
HamiltonSeth
2nd Gear
I like the idea, but I would prefer to have it done by a professional. Not saying that RMW isn't, its the user that may have an error. The ECU is a very tempermental peice. I considered this but decided on going to AE Performance ( http://www.aeperformance.com/). They specialize in European performance and have some awesome stuff. I spoke with the guys at GIAC (http://www.giacusa.com/ ) who are very reputable in that marker, and developed a a MINI tune. They recommended AE. I'm in Southern California so this is the best for me. Should have some huge gains. I read an article about GIAC flashing an R56 in European Tuner Magazine, the flash put out great gains. Thats just my .02 ... Looking forward to it. Will give you guys an update once it is done. Trying to get it down there in the next week or so.

Old 02-19-2010, 04:11 PM
orangecrush
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mikemc
Mark I think we are on the exact same page...

Seems that way on quite a few threads...

Originally Posted by HamiltonSeth
I like the idea, but I would prefer to have it done by a professional. Not saying that RMW isn't, its the user that may have an error. The ECU is a very tempermental peice. I considered this but decided on going to AE Performance ( http://www.aeperformance.com/). They specialize in European performance and have some awesome stuff. I spoke with the guys at GIAC (http://www.giacusa.com/ ) who are very reputable in that marker, and developed a a MINI tune. They recommended AE. I'm in Southern California so this is the best for me. Should have some huge gains. I read an article about GIAC flashing an R56 in European Tuner Magazine, the flash put out great gains. Thats just my .02 ... Looking forward to it. Will give you guys an update once it is done. Trying to get it down there in the next week or so.
I hope it works out for you but if you drove my car, I promise you'd change your mind. (I'm running a different/better tune than what is listed in my signature) I didn't even know GIAC has anything for the R56.

But like I said, hope it works out for you, I've heard good things from GIAC.

Mark

Last edited by orangecrush; 02-19-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:13 PM
JamesHunt
Banned
Originally Posted by mikemc
james your input has always caught my curiosity.. I'll bite (even though this was not directed to me), how much did you pay for your JCW?

I will only pay retail on stuff for the wife and daughter

Last edited by JamesHunt; 02-19-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:19 PM
HamiltonSeth
2nd Gear

"I hope it works out for you but if you drove my car, I promise you'd change your mind. (I'm running a different tune than what is listed in my signature) I didn't even know GIAC has anything for the R56.

Mark"

What kind of tune are you running? Why did you switch from RMW? Not sure why you think I would change my mind; Just trying to understand. I am already very please with my mods, the final touch is the tune. Want it done by a good shop, good tune, and access to a dyno. Plus it's great that they are local.

Old 02-19-2010, 04:24 PM
Revolution Mini Works
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"I hope it works out for you but if you drove my car, I promise you'd change your mind. (I'm running a different tune than what is listed in my signature) I didn't even know GIAC has anything for the R56.

Mark"

What kind of tune are you running? Why did you switch from RMW? Not sure why you think I would change my mind; Just trying to understand. I am already very please with my mods, the final touch is the tune. Want it done by a good shop, good tune, and access to a dyno. Plus it's great that they are local.
he's running my tune but I'm not sure why you are posting in this thread as it's for our flash tools and tune........

Old 02-19-2010, 04:25 PM
JamesHunt
Banned

Mark"

RMW tunes Mark's JCW StigOne's JCW and My JCW.There are only 4 or 5 JCW's making power and at least 3 of the cars are RMW tuned and the others are overseas.

Seth

Stig One wanted me to answer your question on how much hp gain a m7 hoodscoupe would provide.

Stigs answer was

Last edited by JamesHunt; 02-19-2010 at 04:37 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:31 PM
orangecrush
6th Gear

Mark"

I didn't switch from RMW. They just gave me a "different" tune. I did the Stage I tune on my MCS last year, this year I went with one of Jan's tunes and then another.

The car pulls HARD and SMOOTH. Jan at RMW is in CA near you. I'm not dissin' GIAC but think about this...

It's taken almost 4 years for a tune to come out for the R56. At this point, I'd want someone with enough experience on the R56. I assure you that if GIAC was kicking *** and taking names, EVERYONE would have jumped on that bandwagon.

Have you seen any results from real users? Have you driven any of their tuned cars?

Here is the only graph I've seen from GIAC... not very impressive at all.

Old 02-19-2010, 04:31 PM
old81
M6
Originally Posted by JamesHunt

I will pay retail on stuff for the wife and daughter
Back of book, dealer to dealer it appears. Very nice!

Hey Mark, how is your gas mileage holding up with that tune your running?

All well stated, don't worry a bunch about the cost. Jan is working a large order and complex order. Let the man work.

Don

Old 02-19-2010, 04:33 PM
orangecrush
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Revolution Mini Works
he's running my tune but I'm not sure why you are posting in this thread as it's for our flash tools and tune........

Don't worry Jan, after seeing the graph above, why would anyone not want an RMW tune?

Mark

Old 02-19-2010, 04:35 PM
Revolution Mini Works
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
just tryin to keep it on topic

Old 02-19-2010, 04:35 PM
JamesHunt
Banned
[quote=old81;2987132]Back of book, dealer to dealer it appears. Very nice!

Hey Mark, how is your gas mileage holding up with that tune your running?

All well stated, don't worry a bunch about the cost. Jan is working a large order and complex order. Let the man work.

Don[/quote

zero mile mso/untitled with fulltank of gas and 0.9 apr

Quick Reply: Drivetrain ***OFFICIAL SIGN-UP THREAD for FLASH TOOL***