North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Drivetrain (Cooper S) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/drivetrain-cooper-s-16/)
-   -   Drivetrain Project MSFITOY Part 2... (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/drivetrain-cooper-s/104646-project-msfitoy-part-2-a.html)

Paul Webster 07-09-2007 06:06 AM

Dynomax do one for an RV which is stainless but labeled as street in sound, unfortunatley its very very long but the hp rating is really good as it is straight thru with a 6 inch od.

I've always found the Flowmaster stuff very loud apart from they're big block 4 chamber mufflers.

The only other answer is to be wise and just get a turbo:grin:

MSFITOY 07-09-2007 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Paul Webster (Post 1617413)
Dynomax do one for an RV which is stainless but labeled as street in sound, unfortunatley its very very long but the hp rating is really good as it is straight thru with a 6 inch od.

I've always found the Flowmaster stuff very loud apart from they're big block 4 chamber mufflers.

The only other answer is to be wise and just get a turbo:grin:

According to Flowmaster...this oughta do the trick...18" long, 4" x 5.5"...

Hushpower II™

Jet Laminar Technology

Hushpower II mufflers utilize multiple layers of flow directors that work much like a jet engine by compressing the gases and increasing the velocity of gases as its entering the sound chamber. By using the laminar jet gas flow technology, sound frequencies are blended upon entering the sound chamber canceling out high frequencies as they exit creating a deep mellow tone that is pleasing to the ear.

miniracer1 07-09-2007 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Revolution Mini Works (Post 1616771)
LOL.... it's NOT the Magnaflow... it's the Borla:nod:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA........

just great..... love the sound en burble.... want it to....... bbq seemed cosy .....great club.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cool:

astrochex 07-09-2007 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by MSFITOY (Post 1617397)
Yes...it scares the livin crap out of the Harleys too...:lol:

The police should give you a free pass then. They do for the Harleys.

MSFITOY 07-09-2007 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by astrochex (Post 1617504)
The police should give you a free pass then. They do for the Harleys.

A local cop friend stopped by earlier while I in the house and my wife nearly freaked out when he turned on the flashers for the kids...:lol:

Some of my friends parked illegally in the streets but he never mentioned that...I shoulda taken a picture of his blacked out Charger with all the lights on while he was there...Hell, I shoulda taken up his offer for a ride...:lol:

SpiderX 07-09-2007 07:44 AM

making me nuts

I am about to put a Magnaflow on my car and I am very concerned with the volume.... I have to drive the car to LDG next week and that is 10 hrs each way..... my GF is going with me....

I hope tha Magnaflow is an acceptable compromise......

seeing this thread and the spl being generated is ....making me nuts

the Milltek sounds great but is robbing me of 15 whp

MSFITOY 07-09-2007 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by SpiderX (Post 1617536)
I am about to put a Magnaflow on my car and I am very concerned with the volume.... I have to drive the car to LDG next week and that is 10 hrs each way..... my GF is going with me....

I think as long as you have the cat on, you'll be ok...I don't have a cat and that has made all the difference in the world...:impatient

SpiderX 07-09-2007 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by MSFITOY (Post 1617541)
I think as long as you have the cat on, you'll be ok...I don't have a cat and that has made all the difference in the world...:impatient

:eek2: :eek: NO CAT:eek: :eek2:

what number post is the soundclip on?

MSFITOY 07-09-2007 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by SpiderX (Post 1617550)

http://shutter08.pictures.aol.com/da...+gebQm0300.jpgNope...:no:

SayGoodbye 07-09-2007 07:55 AM

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...beer_face1.jpg

Revolution Mini Works 07-09-2007 07:55 AM

this is my opinion but I think the Borla Race is raspy to begin with, then you put the header on which amplifies the sound. This is why WE settled on the Magnaflow as it has the best overall sound quality and performance with the least amount of volume for what you get.

There is a trade-off with everything and if you want high hp you have to settle for a little more noise:lol:

Paul Webster 07-09-2007 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by MSFITOY (Post 1617428)
According to Flowmaster...this oughta do the trick...18" long, 4" x 5.5"...

Noticed they didn't say and it only goes to this decibel max, unfortunatley its one of those things where you're just going to have to go with the flow until you find one that works.

Fireballed Brian found a 3 inch cat that didn't effect the hp at allwhne they hit 500+whp, so you could throw one on as well if you need it to pass your local authority test.

We tested a free flowing sytem last week which was just as loud if not louder than yours and the one ball and guess who won:eek2:

hornguys 07-09-2007 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by SpiderX (Post 1617550)

Hey SpiderX, give me a call when you get a chance. I have some interesting data to share.

Pepe 11 07-09-2007 11:27 AM

Great party Friday night Sid! I had a feeling you had a thread going here on your new mod :thumbsup: You wasted no time posting that video clip I sent ya! :lol:

Originally Posted by Revolution Mini Works (Post 1614529)
I am sure his neighbors enjoyed him dead revving it at 11pm last night:lol:

Now aren't you glad I asked you to do this so I could hear it! :nod:

I was laughing at the fact that we could hear Lisa screaming STOP!! in the background :grin:

Thanks again for a fun time.
~Lina

rhubbard 07-09-2007 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Paul Webster (Post 1617638)
Fireballed Brian found a 3 inch cat that didn't effect the hp at allwhne they hit 500+whp, so you could throw one on as well if you need it to pass your local authority test.

We tested a free flowing sytem last week which was just as loud if not louder than yours and the one ball and guess who won:eek2:

The beauty of the situation though, is that we are in the beautiful state of michigan (read with sarcasm) and the one thing that is nice around here is no emissions. As long as it has headlights, turn signals, and brakes you can drive it around here.

Paul Webster 07-09-2007 11:33 AM

Coolio there must be some sheds on the road:grin:

MSFITOY 07-09-2007 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Pepe 11 (Post 1618133)
Great party Friday night Sid! I had a feeling you had a thread going here on your new mod :thumbsup: You wasted no time posting that video clip I sent ya! :lol:

Now aren't you glad I asked you to do this so I could hear it! :nod:

I was laughing at the fact that we could hear Lisa screaming STOP!! in the background :grin:

Thanks again for a fun time.
~Lina

Yeah...and she always tells me that she's NOT my Mom...:impatient :lol:

rhubbard 07-09-2007 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Paul Webster (Post 1618149)
Coolio there must be some sheds on the road:grin:

In some citys, yes. Flint is a good example of sub-par vehicles.

Bahamabart 07-09-2007 12:10 PM

:lol:

Originally Posted by SpiderX (Post 1617536)

Bob,

I heard Sid's new sytem via a cell phone call - sucker was loud BUT as Sid points out its only loud when your on it. Sounded great.

You can always stick some tube socks in the pipes for dates and the what not

Wake|MCS 07-10-2007 12:04 PM

Damn it sounds SICK. How much does the RMW Header run and just how good are the gains?

Uncl3 07-10-2007 12:35 PM

Call Jan or head to www.revolutionmini.com for pricing. There are a few threads here posting gains with the head, you'll just have to search for them.

MSFITOY 07-13-2007 02:31 PM

Well I finally fixed everything...

1-found out that the V-clamp wasn't tight and that's why it was EXTREMELY LOUD!!!
2-it was still VERY LOUD after the clamp was tightened!!! Still has this "rasping ricer" like sound at WOT...:no:
3-removed the 18" Magnaflow resonator and replaced with 18" Flowmaster Hushpower 2 and she's sounding extremely sweeeeet!!!:thumbsup: The whole custom exhaust system is now welded from V-clamp to the tips...Loud but pleasingly so and very Italian...not resonating low low like a complete Magnaflow system but more mid-low...like I said...very Italian...Think Ferrari/Alfa...I like very much...:grin::cool:

mozzarella 07-13-2007 02:50 PM

You spent enough money on this hot hatch to have had a Ferrari. ... lol.

Ryephile 07-13-2007 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by mozzarella (Post 1628080)
You spent enough money on this hot hatch to have had a Ferrari. ... lol.

I applaud Sid for putting forth the effort to make his dreams reality. :thumbsup: Not everyone dreams of Ferrari's just because the media said "it's expensive, thus you want one". I'd rather have something truly my own creation than anything off the shelf anyday.

Revolution Mini Works 07-13-2007 03:33 PM

very well said Ryan!