Detailing 101 Need to find out how to pamper your new MINI? Find out all the detailing secrets here.

Banana Gas- An invitation to NAMers to test a new product!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 03:29 PM
Prima Car Care
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Banana Gas- An invitation to NAMers to test a new product!

ANNOUNCEMENT: We no longer have testing samples available. Thanks to all of your requests! We look forward to your continued feedback and opinions.

Please see page 11 of this thread for updated product release information.

Original Post:
Here in Prima Land, we’ve been playing with a new potential wax for the past few months and would like to get some input from our favorite customer group- NAMers!
We have mixed up a couple of gallons to share with testers... and we’ll give it out until we run out.

Note that the 2oz sample we're providing is plenty to do a couple of complete applications.

What’s Banana Gas?

Banana Gas is a silly name that Nick came up with for this new wax. If you decide to test some, you'll see where he was coming from. Either way, this may or may not be the final name. For now, it's just a fun name for a fun wax. Now on to the technical details...

"Banana Gas" is a unique sealant that is super-easy to apply and remove. It works fine on hot paint and in direct sunlight. It’s safe on trim pieces (see why we thought of you guys ). It flash dries, so you can remove it instantly. Resins and polymer give it durability and a touch of carnauba gives it some sparkle and warmth. (Did I just get the attention of the carnauba aficionados out there?? )

**Banana Gas should only be applied by hand** (it dries too quickly for the PC)

What kind of durability? Well, we want to see what you come up with before revealing our own durability tests. Our testing is pretty reliable, but more input is always better. Plus, we want to hear what you think of it in all of its aspects- not just durability.

So how can I get some to test?

Option 1: All you have to do is send an email to Nick (Nick@DetailersParadise.com) with your shipping address and we will mail (via USPS) you a 2oz sample (plenty for a couple of complete applications).

Option 2: Place an order for anything on our site and use coupon code “NAMgas” and we will include a 2oz sample (plenty for a couple of complete applications) with your order. (note that it will not appear in your cart- the coupon code in this instance simply tells us to send you some)

Option 3: Come by the store and ask for it.

What's the catch??

You, in return, must commit to testing on a least one panel (horizontal is best) and then let us know what you think. Sure, free stuff is fun, but we really need your help with this- product perfection doesn't come easy, you know. We have a limited number of samples, so if you don’t think you have the time to test it, be a kind soul and let someone else have the fun.

*This offer is good for US customers only. Sorry international friends. That said, international requests are welcome- we can work something out if you're ordering from us anyway- just email or PM me.

Finally, feel free to use this thread for reviews, feedback, and questions. Of course, PMs and email will work too. *Posting a request for a test sample won't get you one... please use one of the options list above.*

Thanks in advance for your feedback! I hope this is not only useful for our development but fun for you too!

-Heather

Last edited by Prima Car Care; 05-07-2008 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Added application tip
Old 11-14-2007, 03:38 PM
kenchan
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
oh why yes.

Old 11-14-2007, 03:48 PM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smells of bananas, but tastes of gas.

Old 11-14-2007, 03:52 PM
Modnar
6th Gear
Sign me up!

Banana Gas, eh? I'm guessing it smells like bananas.

I finally got to try out my Hydro today. Oh man, that stuff smells good. I almost wanted to lick the paint.

Is this going to be suitable for those of us that don't have a PC? All I have for wax application is one measly Skinny MF Applicator from the great DP Try-Me Bundle Sale of '07.

Old 11-14-2007, 03:53 PM
Prima Car Care
Banned
Originally Posted by MiniMaybee
Smells of bananas, but tastes of gas.
Now, now MiniMaybe... stop drinking the Prima products!

-Heather

Old 11-14-2007, 03:57 PM
Prima Car Care
Banned
Originally Posted by Modnar
Sign me up!

Banana Gas, eh? I'm guessing it smells like bananas.

I finally got to try out my Hydro today. Oh man, that stuff smells good. I almost wanted to lick the paint.

Is this going to be suitable for those of us that don't have a PC? All I have for wax application is one measly Skinny MF Applicator from the great DP Try-Me Bundle Sale of '07.
I'm glad you're interested! Be sure to email Nick or use the coupon code. Posting here doesn't trigger your sample. (in case I wasn't clear on that)

Good question too! I've updated my original post with the answer as well. Banana Gas should be applied only by hand. It dries to quickly to be applied with the PC. So, you're all set! No need for a PC to test the Banana Gas.

Your Skinny App will be perfect for application (as would any other application... foam, cotton, microfiber, etc).

-Heather

Old 11-14-2007, 04:03 PM
lotsie
Banned
e-mail sent. Look forward to being a test subject

Mark

Old 11-14-2007, 04:05 PM
Modnar
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Detailers Paradise
Now, now MiniMaybe... stop drinking the Prima products!

-Heather
I thought that's what everyone means when they keep talking about drinking the Kool-Aid...
I'm glad you're interested! Be sure to email Nick or use the coupon code. Posting here doesn't trigger your sample. (in case I wasn't clear on that)

Good question too! I've updated my original post with the answer as well. Banana Gas should be applied only by hand. It dries to quickly to be applied with the PC. So, you're all set! No need for a PC to test the Banana Gas.

Your Skinny App will be perfect for application (as would any other application... foam, cotton, microfiber, etc).

-Heather
I actually sent in my email before I posted. I wouldn't have put it past all of the OCDetailers to have snagged up the entire sample run in the 20 minutes since the post went live.

Sounds like this is going to be a perfect product for a 'wax virgin' like myself. I can't wait to try it out!

Old 11-14-2007, 04:12 PM
pastabatman
4th Gear
I'm a little confused on where this fits into the universe of 'stuff we put on our cars'. I read 'sealant' and 'wax'. Is it an alternative to Hydro? Perhaps good as a quick detailer, since you say one can use it on a hot car.

Old 11-14-2007, 04:13 PM
kenchan
6th Gear
i hear this is like the aerosol version of Nero.

Old 11-14-2007, 04:25 PM
Prima Car Care
Banned
Originally Posted by pastabatman
I'm a little confused on where this fits into the universe of 'stuff we put on our cars'. I read 'sealant' and 'wax'. Is it an alternative to Hydro? Perhaps good as a quick detailer, since you say one can use it on a hot car.
Originally Posted by kenchan
i hear this is like the aerosol version of Nero.
It is a liquid wax product- a wipe on, wipe off style (as opposed to a spray product). More specifically, it's a synthetic wax (aka sealant) that also contains a small amount of natural carnauba wax. So, it will both protect and enhance your paint.

To revisit the application part of your question... in theory it could be spray-applied. That's the fun of testing! Feel free to try using it in alternative ways if you'd like to.

-Heather

Old 11-14-2007, 04:27 PM
jimmieshear
3rd Gear
It is a liquid wax product- a wipe on, wipe off style (as opposed to a spray product).
Wait, I thought it was a gas?

Sorry couldn't help myself.

Old 11-14-2007, 04:34 PM
Mini S Pilot
5th Gear
I haven't used anything in your line thus far. I've sent my email for the sample. I'll let you know how it holds up to our wishy washy beach like conditions.

Old 11-14-2007, 04:34 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Is this best used on green or yellow banana's??

Sorry.......

EDIT*** E-mail sent.....

Last edited by Crashton; 11-14-2007 at 04:39 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:44 PM
OctaneGuy
Vendor & Moderator :: MINI Camera and Video & c3 club forum
Email sent....so what happens when you mix a little Octane with Banana Gas??

Old 11-14-2007, 04:52 PM
Darkness
5th Gear
How long does this take to cure before you top it with a wax? I'm confused as to if it's a sealant or a wax. Dry to a haze or wipe on wipe off?

Old 11-14-2007, 04:54 PM
Mini S Pilot
5th Gear
Originally Posted by OctaneGuy
Email sent....so what happens when you mix a little Octane with Banana Gas??

That just sounds plain...
DANGEROUS

Old 11-14-2007, 04:57 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
We should ask the spiritual one.....

Old 11-14-2007, 05:01 PM
Prima Car Care
Banned
Originally Posted by Darkness
How long does this take to cure before you top it with a wax? I'm confused as to if it's a sealant or a wax. Dry to a haze or wipe on wipe off?
It is a wax.

Sealants and waxes, in most cases, are of the same general category (Last Step Product, which protects and enhances, typically). The term sealants often refer to synthetic "wax" while the term wax, without modifiers, can mean either a synthetic wax or a natural carnauba-based wax.

Banana Gas is primarily a synthetic wax, although it contains some carnauba for looks. So in that sense, it is both.

Most importantly, it is a final step- you would not want to top it with anything else.

Regarding the buffing off- it dries instantly to a haze, which makes it wipe-on, wipe-off.

Does that help clarify?

Thanks for all the questions!

-Heather

Old 11-14-2007, 05:07 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Thanks Heather.

Can't wait to banana my MINI.

Old 11-14-2007, 05:19 PM
Nimcosi
4th Gear
Is there a minimum temperature to apply? Getting cold here in Ohio (although it has been in the upper 60s this week ).

Old 11-14-2007, 05:25 PM
OctaneGuy
Vendor & Moderator :: MINI Camera and Video & c3 club forum
Some people--other Asians-- affectionately refer to me as a banana. This sounds like the perfect product for me.

Can't wait to give it a go!

Originally Posted by Crashton
Thanks Heather.

Can't wait to banana my MINI.

Old 11-14-2007, 05:27 PM
lotsie
Banned
Originally Posted by OctaneGuy
Some people--other Asians-- affectionately refer to me as a banana. This sounds like the perfect product for me.

Can't wait to give it a go!
Gees I wish folks referred to me in such a nice way

Mark

Old 11-14-2007, 05:37 PM
summeroflove
2nd Gear
Wow! Banana Gas - sounds too fun not to try it. Sign me up, too! I'll apply with a foam applicator but be surer to remove it with a Monster Fluffy!

Old 11-14-2007, 05:39 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Nimcosi
Is there a minimum temperature to apply? Getting cold here in Ohio (although it has been in the upper 60s this week ).
I'm guessing I'll be firing up the heater in the old garage. Yep it's gettin colder. In fact the snow shoes go on the MINI this weekend.

Quick Reply: Banana Gas- An invitation to NAMers to test a new product!