Detailing 101 Need to find out how to pamper your new MINI? Find out all the detailing secrets here.

Zaino Out...Prima In?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 04:39 PM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ScottRiqui
...First off, I don't know if they misspelled "Rejuvenator" and "Pristine" on purpose, or if they just can't spell, but that's beside the point...
If you read the label you'll notice several other words misspelled too. Really crap marketing, but a pretty good product.
Just used some this weekend on what I thought were clean seats - nope, really gross goo after using the oil. After the Clean though, soft and supple.
I used about 16 oz of the oil (half the bottle) on the Expedition, but it has three rows of all leather. Probably for no more leather than is in a MINI the 32 oz oil will last 5 or 6 applications.

Old 08-05-2007, 05:00 PM
SimpsonGI
Coordinator :: Emerald MINI Car Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by old81
I do admire the fact that you (SimpsonGI), if I read correctly in another thread, your already claying your 07 before you have your Venture Sheild applied. OCD to the max.
Yes, I picked up my 07 on Friday and on Saturday I washed/clayed/and Zaino'd. I drop it off tomorrow to have the Venture Shield installed. I'll then apply at least one more coat of Zaino over the whole car.

I've already stuck a utility MF cloth in the driver's side door panel so I can keep the piano black interior pieces clean. I'm seriously thinking about putting a bottle of Z-6 and a monster fluffy in the boot so I'll be able to QD it anywhere I happen to be.

So yes, the OCD is really kicking in .

Old 08-05-2007, 05:03 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
The best part is, they will take the wax off any part that has the Venture Shield put on it...

Old 08-05-2007, 05:09 PM
SimpsonGI
Originally Posted by MLWagner79
The best part is, they will take the wax off any part that has the Venture Shield put on it...
I know, I figured they probably would do that so the clear bra will adhere correctly to the vehicle. Which is why I plan on putting on some more Zaino when I get her back.

Old 08-05-2007, 05:20 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
I just remember when I first got Clara, I shined her all up and then I got her back from the clear bra installer and had to wait a week before I could do it all over again!

Old 08-06-2007, 07:28 AM
agranger
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by SimpsonGI
Actually I was wrong. I must have been a bit dyslexic the day I first worked on my wife's R53. As I go back through the Word documented you posted. It is correct, Z-5 then Z-2.

Hopefully you haven't gone looking for non-existent boo-boo yet.
I did, but I think there was an error a long while ago in the Zaino section of teh posts and the word doc. It was a few weeks after I posted that huge thread before someone pointed out that I hadn't even mentioned Zaino... I left it out completely.

That post is still my basic routine for keeping Jango in good shape.

Old 08-06-2007, 07:49 AM
nixjosh2
4th Gear

I've already stuck a utility MF cloth in the driver's side door panel so I can keep the piano black interior pieces clean. I'm seriously thinking about putting a bottle of Z-6 and a monster fluffy in the boot so I'll be able to QD it anywhere I happen to be.

So yes, the OCD is really kicking in .
I do this as well, I am not alone

Old 08-06-2007, 07:55 AM
LeeL
5th Gear
Eh, if you were truly OCD, you would make sure the cloth was in a bag or container so it would not pick up dirt from the pocket.

Old 08-06-2007, 08:14 AM
bamatt
6th Gear
Originally Posted by LeeL
Eh, if you were truly OCD, you would make sure the cloth was in a bag or container so it would not pick up dirt from the pocket.
Oooh good idea. I never thought of doing that

Old 08-06-2007, 11:06 AM
kenchan
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ amatures.

i keep a brand new Platinum MF in the ziplock bag it comes in
in the boot.

Old 08-06-2007, 11:36 AM
Loony2N
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What about rubber gloves for when you need to take it out of the bag?

Old 08-06-2007, 11:39 AM
kenchan
6th Gear
yah, disposable gloves is always a good idea to carry.

Old 08-06-2007, 07:06 PM
SimpsonGI
Originally Posted by kenchan
^ amatures.

i keep a brand new Platinum MF in the ziplock bag it comes in
in the boot.
If you keep it in the boot how can you wipe off your interior trim at a stop light? . But yes, that does sound like a great idea. I'll probably keep a Platinum MF or a Monster Fluffy in the boot along with a bottle of a QD spray.

Old 08-06-2007, 07:45 PM
kenchan
6th Gear
If you keep it in the boot how can you wipe off your interior trim at a stop light? . But yes, that does sound like a great idea. I'll probably keep a Platinum MF or a Monster Fluffy in the boot along with a bottle of a QD spray.
did you not read the thread in OT about people smashing their
cars due to carelessness being distrupted by things such as
eating, celphone, and QD'ing their interiors while driving? lol

Old 08-06-2007, 09:10 PM
SimpsonGI
If you keep it in the boot how can you wipe off your interior trim at a stop light?
did you not read the thread in OT about people smashing their
cars due to carelessness being distrupted by things such as
eating, celphone, and QD'ing their interiors while driving? lol
Well, if you did it while driving that would be expected, but there isn't a problem if you wipe off an interior trim piece while stopped at a light. You aren't moving so it is OK to distract yourself for a moment, about the only thing that may happen is the person behind you will honk and/or give you gestures if you don't move fast enough when the light changes to green and you are still wiping off a finger print or a smudge.

Old 08-07-2007, 01:22 PM
jwardell
6th Gear
Agranger, it is great to see you posting again.
MiniMaybee, a big thank you. I wish there were Thanks and Respect buttons as we have on MINI2..you said it all better than me.

But I suppose we are propagating the problem if we are feeling shunned from posting in the noise. Better a bleep in the noise than just static. But it is tough when there are so many threads and posts these days.
Sure, it was a high percentage pro-zaino back "then"... but there were only 3 or 4 posts, not 3 or 4 pages!
To say the least the detailing forum has gone from one of the smaller corners of NAM to one of the busiest. That can be seen as a good thing, but that means there is a lot more noise too. We do have a lot of beginners asking for recommendations...perhaps that should be tidied up and made a sticky to help reduce that. Perhaps admins can merge threads that discuss the same product, etc.

Old 08-07-2007, 01:29 PM
OctaneGuy
Vendor & Moderator :: MINI Camera and Video & c3 club forum
New stickies have been and are in the works. Both Heather and I get tons of emails asking the same questions day after day. Not that, that's a bad thing, but it's happening. We even get CC'd with the same questions. A little tip. if you want an answer to something from either Heather or myself--don't CC because more than likely we will assume the "other" person will answer it. And please don't PM the same questions to us--just post them here on NAM. Even create a new thread if you have to--that way others can benefit from the answers. I know for a fact, our PM boxes are constantly getting full, and I prefer being emailed over PM'd. Just a heads up.

Richard
(working from the DP detailing bay on my laptop in Denver)

Old 08-07-2007, 02:29 PM
kenchan
6th Gear
Originally Posted by OctaneGuy
(working from the DP detailing bay on my laptop in Denver)

so, who's looking after the fort?

Old 08-07-2007, 03:06 PM
OctaneGuy
Vendor & Moderator :: MINI Camera and Video & c3 club forum
Sadly, the fort is closed! Maybe one day I'll be able to have someone take over when I'm travelling. Which reminds me, I'll be posting another Help Wanted ad in Vendor Announcement in the next few days. Jay's leaving me to go to school--great for him--bad for me.

so, who's looking after the fort?

Old 08-07-2007, 03:11 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by OctaneGuy
Sadly, the fort is closed! Maybe one day I'll be able to have someone take over when I'm travelling. Which reminds me, I'll be posting another Help Wanted ad in Vendor Announcement in the next few days. Jay's leaving me to go to school--great for him--bad for me.
Look at it this way, Richard... Being a horrible boss has driven a fine, young man toward a college degree. You've done him a great service.

Old 08-07-2007, 04:11 PM
kenchan
6th Gear
Originally Posted by CR&PW&JB
Look at it this way, Richard... Being a horrible boss has driven a fine, young man toward a college degree. You've done him a great service.

LOL!!!

Old 08-07-2007, 05:20 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
^ Thanks, Ken... I hope OG found that as funny as you did !

Old 08-07-2007, 06:02 PM
minicounter
4th Gear
[chows4us]I'm just waiting for tonight's thunderstorm. I think I'll just throw some soap on top of the roof and let the wind do its thing make the car all sudsy. Then a good downpour will rinse it off nicely.

I know you! When we come in to the office in the morning we have to beat the likes of you off our lawn when the auto sprinklers come on.

Old 08-07-2007, 06:03 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
^ Good one.

Old 08-07-2007, 07:32 PM
minicounter
4th Gear
Originally Posted by CR&PW&JB
^ Good one.

Thanks - But I have to admit I am a reforming 'once a year whether it needs it or not' washer. Since I have a car wash next door to my office I have graduated to about 1 or 2x /month. But with a dark exterior and light interior ( what was I thinkn') I should probably mend my ways.
Sooo I've been trolling here looking for some ideas I might actually stick with!

Quick Reply: Zaino Out...Prima In?