DC Metro MINIs (Archive) The old DC Metro MINIs club forum, now closed. Visit their new forums at www.dcmetrominis.org/forums

MINI article: BMW Boost for MINI

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 07:36 AM
rugbyrooki
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MINI article: BMW Boost for MINI

brand new member of DC Metro MINI club. ordered my mini cooper s week and a half ago. i check its status daily at miniusa.com (still just "on order"). can't wait!

wanted to pass along this article. looks like BMW plans to boost output at the Oxford factory.

"BMW's 100m (UK pound) boost for Mini as sales accelerate"
http://news.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=179962005

Old 02-23-2005, 08:01 AM
biggripper
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Welcom to NAM and congrats on your soon to come MINI. This is actually old news. If you want to stay up to the minute on MINI news motoringfile.com can't be beat. Something new and interesting everyday. Motoringfile and NAM are the websites that kept me excited while I was waiting for my car. I hope your wait is a short one.

Sean

Old 02-23-2005, 09:34 AM
DaCrema
5th Gear
Welcome and thanks for joining up. I look forward to seeing you. When is the little bugger expected? Keep an eye out for events, if one happens before you car arrives please join in. (I only say this because in the past, some people thought you had to show up in a MINI - most deffently not the case).

Old 02-23-2005, 12:46 PM
BabsWife
5th Gear
Originally Posted by DaCrema
Welcome and thanks for joining up. I look forward to seeing you. When is the little bugger expected? Keep an eye out for events, if one happens before you car arrives please join in. (I only say this because in the past, some people thought you had to show up in a MINI - most deffently not the case).
Yep, we showed up in a GMC Jimmy for our first MINI event ---While they made us PARK far away from the crowd , we were welcomed in.

Welcome to the group.....enjoy the wait best you can and your baby will be here soon.

Hugs,
PB

Old 02-23-2005, 01:31 PM
Paul!
6th Gear
Originally Posted by BabsWife
Yep, we showed up in a GMC Jimmy for our first MINI event ---While they made us PARK far away from the crowd , we were welcomed in.

Welcome to the group.....enjoy the wait best you can and your baby will be here soon.

Hugs,
PB

*points and laughs*

(remembers that I showed up to my first 'event' (clubhouse meeting) in a rented Pontiac Vibe)

*hangs head in shame*

-Paul!

Old 02-24-2005, 06:00 AM
BabsWife
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Paul!

*points and laughs*

(remembers that I showed up to my first 'event' (clubhouse meeting) in a rented Pontiac Vibe)

*hangs head in shame*

-Paul!
Frankly, you should hang your head for more than just the Vibe --- but as this is a new member who doesn't know how much we *LOVE* each other -- I'll leave it at this:

We've had miatas and Jimmys and subarus and even a vibe join us in gatherings. Please come and enjoy our folly and we will be happy to help you add to your wish list of stuff you want to put on the MINI once it arrives.

Hugs,
PB