Daytona Area Mini Motorists (DAMM) The club forum for the Daytona Area Mini Motorists (DAMM). Visit our club site at www.daytonaminis.org

DAMM track day in the works...

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 10:16 AM
Minvader
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DAMM track day in the works...

We've been talking about it internally, and plans are finally starting to be made - now we need to get an idea of how much interest there is within SSM on taking a road trip to a road course at the end of 2006 sometime... or maybe at the beginning of next year... the crystal ball is still a little hazy!

DAMM wants to host a weekend long event in Savannah Georgia, with one day dedicated to taking your Mini onto the track at Roebling Road Raceway! It's a 2.02 road course that's perfect for learning on, challenging but not extreme, and a very safe course for beginners.

I've heard great things about Seat Time Performance Driving Days... the price is right (plus we will get a discount on a group of our size) and they offer instructors with classroom time. Check out their site, all answers to any questions you might have should be there. They have a "virtual tour" of the track that shows you what you will see as you make your way around the track, and a video clip to help inspire you!

They have some open dates we can get in on if we hurry, but I don't think it's what we are looking for... for one, they on Fridays(?) and we'd be sharing the track with others. They like to keep under a total of 45 cars, and I'm pretty sure we could probably pull that number ourselves if we really try. We can schedule a "private" date if there's enough interest... so that's why I'm posting this before having all the details finalized. If we can pull 30 cars or more, they will work with us... so let's do it!

We want to have time to unwind too, so let's take a day to visit Savannah while we're up there. I think we'd probably schedule Saturday as the "tourist day" with a group get-together that night (ghosts anyone?) We'll have to keep the partying in check ( ) because Sunday morning comes early at the track. The alternative is to make it a 3-day weekend, drive up Friday night, track on Saturday, party after the track, play tourist & head home on Sunday. Let's see what folks would prefer... this is your end-of-the-year vacation! :D

As a special bonus... as if all this wasn't enough... we'll have our entire weekend recorded, photographed, documented, and publicly displayed in everyone's favorite world-famous auto enthusiast magazine - Grassroots Motorsports! You could be famous!

SSM Official thread
Sign up now if you are interested... this is not a commitment, just to get an idea of how HUGE this is going to become! Post any comments you have about when you'd like to do it, November is the timeframe we're thinking about right now.